Back when you were a kid!

Lady Jaye

Did you follow the comics, cartoon, or tech specs when it came to your Transformers?? Was it a combo of everything, taking the best of all worlds, or were you a purest??

Me, I mainly used the Tech Specs for my universe, with the cartoon to flesh things out!!! In my universe, Megatron still existed, and Galvatron was just another subordinate, like Shockwave!!! On the Autobot side, Hot Rod existed alongside Rodimus!!

How bout you guys??

I primarily used the cartoon as my guide for characterization, and the tech specs for skills. Although I collected the comics, they never really informed my play.

And I never had a 'leader' for my Decepticons. I never had Megatron, Galvatron, or Shockwave. I ended up using Sixshot.

Did you follow the comics, cartoon, or tech specs when it came to your Transformers?? Was it a combo of everything, taking the best of all worlds, or were you a purest??

Me, I mainly used the Tech Specs for my universe, with the cartoon to flesh things out!!! In my universe, Megatron still existed, and Galvatron was just another subordinate, like Shockwave!!! On the Autobot side, Hot Rod existed alongside Rodimus!!

How bout you guys??

I remember the toy pamphlets saying that Galvatron and Ultra Magnus were just City Commanders...

Anyways I was about 17-18 when G1 first came out.I never played with them and only collected them But I did keep the movie era-third season characters away from the origionals because the origionals were diaclone and looked good while the others looked more like playskool toys.

I will agree with ya Wheeljack!! Once the movie came out and they went futuristic, I really stopped collecting as much as I once did!! Although there were a few awesome characters, such as the Predacons!! They were so cool!!

And yup, both Galvatron and Ultra Magnus were to be counterparts, both city commanders!!! So they were low in the totem poll in my world!! Megatron had Starscream, Optimus had Jazz!!

Yeah,when they went to the year 400 billion they lost me.Transformers for me was 1984-1985.I never saw the animatd movie at the theater.I rented it on video a year later.The leader for me was Soundwave.Never had Megs/Galvy or Optiums.My TF's were very limited.

I had a few TF toys but not many and none of them were great characters. I had to steal most of them from my friends because my parents wouldn't buy me any. I wanted Optimus so so bad!! You guys have no idea how happy i would have been if i had him. I mean i have him now, but its not the same because i'm grown up. Imagine if i had MP prime back then, holy moly!

when I was a kid G2 was on the shelfs when I started collecting so I had no cartoon to use as a back story except for G1 which left out characters like Dreadwing, the laser rods,rotor force,cyberjets and Go-bots/spychangers when beastwars came out a few months later in the autumm of 95 I was better at reading so I managed to read some of the bios but when the tv show came out I followed that continuity