Renegades Figs-what do you think?

GuitarDevil

Sooo I finally had some Renegades in hand at Wallyworld cause ToY GoDs know when Terget or TRU will ever get around to ordering more joes? I've said before I'm just a small time charly collector so I know that my view means little to the big H buttt I wasn't too impressed with the figs. I like the toon but I'm an old school cat (Sunbow is my special lil guy). I bought quite abit of the 1st wave of 30th, I went into an small squad building mode (2 each) as I did dig the sculps & missed out on the last waves of POC as well so it was catch up. SE was just another SE (gasp mmm sacrilicious as I love all things SE) CC was so so to me as well as Duke, FF was kinda kewl but would sore thumb my collection, time will tell I prolly see em again. What are your thoughts on the new guys? I try to support the line but I wish they would stop playing with my big fat heart & just release Lifeline, Sci-Fi, (woulda been a nice Xmas tree treat) Airtight, Kwin and the gang (from other rumors) it looks like the new waves(Dec) are all Renegades and repacks, I did dig the Ren Scarlett but I fear the real waves that I want are at least months off or might clash with GI 2 movie toys and run ROC/25thgate all over again? Soo thoughts, musings, rants, whispers.....let me know, for the first time I feel all alone in the toy aisle.....cept for those older guys dropping all the Hot Wheels on the ground....

If I see them on clearance or reduced in a TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshalls in a year or two I might buy Duke and/or CC. These are not must haves for me. Rather save my money for the next wave.

IMO, these are not necessary. Much would have I liked a updated Tomax/Zamot, Lady Jay, a cooler Serpentor, Jinx, or Slice & Dice 30th versions. Heck I would have even preffered an artic BAT over another SE.

Guess he wasn't too much of a sore thumb I wuz just at Toyzrus & through much soul searching (music in the background montage sitting alone on a bench on the beach style) I took a leap and snagged up Firefly. I only had the scrilla for one fig sooo I had to go with my favorite mad-bomber, yup SEyes no love for you this time, just liked the way out look of FF. Like I said before I did like how Scarlett looked when she first previewed sooo well see in month or two on the rest of the Ren-squad. And CX1 yup I woulda loved a new Jinx or maybe even retail Zarana & Zandar 2 pack? As long as we keep dreaming anything is possible....

• 2 weeks later...

They are oot & aboot, stopped at my local Terget that hasn't had new figs since Hectic Destro's reign of terror as worlds greatest pegscorcher took over. So I've seen them (Renegades) at Wallyworld, Terget & Toyzrsometimesus so all is right with world for now.....

So far I only have seen them at Target since my Walmart doesn't carry GI Joe Or DC or Thundercats :(

same here I haven't seen a joe toy in Walmart in months and my Walmart's now a super Walmart yet nothing new for toys

I have seen em at TRU. I think they represent the source material nicely, however for me the one thing I didn't like about Renegades was their look, so these are pretty much passes for me.

I have seen them at Target, Walmart, and CVS.

I was planning on buying all 4 of the ones out (Duke, CC, Firefly, Snake Eyes) before I saw them. However, once I had them in hand, I changed my mind.

Cobra Commander - He actually looks very cartoony up close. His face looks like a cartoon, so I thought I could just use the full mask head. But, his coat also looks cartoony. So I had to pass on him.

Firefly - Just like CC, he has a really cartoony face. And I just wasn't all that pleased with his uniform. He just isn't very much like Firefly to me. I might pick him up sometime later, but for now I passed.

Snake Eyes - He isn't a bad figure, but he isn't very different to me from City Strike SE, and I like that figure better. And after the amazing POC Snake Eyes we recently got, I wasn't really inspired to pick him up. But like Firefly, I may go back and get him later if I am bored or something.

Duke - Out of all of these, his face seems the most realistic of them all. And his uniform looks like it has the same details the other POC figures have. He doesn't look very cartoony to me. I am not a big fan of the new wrist balls, but I admire Hasbro for trying new articulation. It just doesn't work on him because he has bare forearms and they are very slender. I will probably switch his hands with some traditional gloves. But I think overall he is a pretty good figure. I picked him up and I am pleased with the purchase.

for the next round of Renegades figures, I am still undecided on which ones I will buy. Definitely Stormy because of the classic alternate head, and probably/maybe on the Cobra Trooper, RipCord (for custom parts), Scarlet, etc

After buying them online and paying for shipping, they're now at my Targets in full force...and on SALE this week, so boooooooo to me for jumping the gun and not just waiting.

I think the best Renegade figure my be one that's not out yet...Tunnel Rat.

I like the Snake Eyes, it is the resolute/city strike with the extra wrist articulation. i also like the body of CC i am going to play with some other heads to see how it looks and Duke will definitely get a head swap to be something else(not sure what thou. i haven't figured out anything to with FF yet i don't like him as FF though for sure.