Any one collect the Street Fighter figures?

RobbieDigital

Recently I've been going back and have been picking up some of the later 90's subsets. I just finished off the Eco-Warriors (except for the Toxo Zombie, he's a pain in my a$$) and I always see the Street Fighter figures on ebay. Some going for a lot more than I would have expected. Street Fighter is one of my favorite video games as well. I just can't bring myself to buy any of these things......even when I was younger I thought they were stupid looking. Anybody have them in their collection? Or are they just forgotten about? I forget about them all the time.....

I've always been a big sf fan and I could never bring myself to buy them either. If you want sf figures go w/ the sota versions.

I actually just sold almost all my SOTA figures....I only have 5 left.(Used the money for a "Best of the 80's" set that I paid $119.00 bucks for on ebay) I picked up almost all of them back in the day........but are the Street Fighter figures a part of the GI Joe universe? As a completist do you need to have them in your collection? I'm just throwing it out there......sometimes I want to pick some of them up you know. Wondering what others are thinking?

Also those SOTA figures fetch a decent amount on ebay......almost all of the ones I sold went for close to 40-50 bucks opened and complete. I kinda "traded" them for the 80's set.

Some going for a lot more than I would have expected.

By "going for" do you mean people are actually bidding them up because they're desireable or are the sellers just slapping on an insane Buy It Now price that came to them in a dream? I would imagine these are the kinds of Joes you can get a good deal on if you're patient.

As of right now the place my SF figures have in my collection is in a tool box bin but this thread makes me want to dig them out. Some of those guys who were obviously made from Joe ninjas were pretty weak (Ryu, Ken) but some were pretty solid like Sagat, Dahlsim, and Honda.

Yeah, I've recently considered getting these myself. I love G.I. Joe and Street Fighter games, so to me it seems like a natural fit putting the two together. I used to think otherwise, but I've recently changed my mind. (It only took me twenty years.) (lol) The only figure I'm not crazy about is Chun Li. Those t-crotch hips are just plain ugly. The rest? Heck yeah, I'd get 'em.

I picked up some of them when I was a kid.. and I did use them with my Joes.

I remember getting Guile, who of course fit in flawlessly with my Joe team. And then I added Blanka and Sagat to my Cobra forces. Sagat was just a bigass fighter dude, so that worked.... but Blanka had to be a Dr.Mindbender experiment lol

I have them all. (but I have all the Joes 82-94) I got a bunch of them as a kid, and then got the rest as an adult collector. I like most of them. There are a few that they changed the character a lot of the toy, and I'm not a big fan of those figures. The ones that are pretty accurate I really like. Guile, Dalsum, E. Honda, and Saget are all cool. Ryu, Ken, Blanka, Bison are all decent. There are a few that are kind of a stretch.

I had a number of the 93 figures and couple of the movie one and liked them. I got them when I was a kid and loved all

of them. The only reason I still don't have them is because they were lost.

Officially I don't think they are in the Joe-verse but that all a matter of personal preference, some of them would fit

right in.

Those are not in scale with Joe figures.

Some going for a lot more than I would have expected.

By "going for" do you mean people are actually bidding them up because they're desireable or are the sellers just slapping on an insane Buy It Now price that came to them in a dream? I would imagine these are the kinds of Joes you can get a good deal on if you're patient.

As of right now the place my SF figures have in my collection is in a tool box bin but this thread makes me want to dig them out. Some of those guys who were obviously made from Joe ninjas were pretty weak (Ryu, Ken) but some were pretty solid like Sagat, Dahlsim, and Honda.

I see a lot of carded one for about $10-12 and loose ones for about $3 (SOLD)