Kid learns who Luke's dad is

Wheeljack35

Looks a bit set up, ie fake, to me!!

I agree. Quick camera glance and hit "facial expression". Must've taken acting cues from George Lucas. Sooner or later we'll be seeing a re-release version of this video where the audio is tweaked so the kid screams no, his sister shoots second, and their father turns into Hayden Christensen. I was hoping this vid would show the kid screaming or freaking out at the reveal, but no such luck. I know I won't be showing my kids Star Wars, not if I wanna keep my damn wallet. I feel it's become a giant shitstain on the science fiction genre. As my brother says, "Every time a science fiction film reaches a certain level of popularity, it will always be compared to it.", and I agree. The original trilogy were good films, but that's about it. George Lucas isn't brilliant, he's a hack. What made those older films great was the actors, editing, and the basic story [i stress basic]. But now, Star Wars has become the most lifeless and disgustingly lucrative commercial product out there. Watching the original trilogy doesn't do anything for me, I almost can't even recognize it beyond all the bullshit. It's like staring at a photograph of a friend who you've had a long and rough falling out with, beyond patching things up. It's JUST. NOT. THE. SAME. Eh, I've outgrown it.

Plissken, you started out with a laugh, but your post really resounded with me!!!

It used to be about great films that struck a chord with us as kids!! But now it's just a mess of a property where all that matters is making money!!

I think we should start a movement, Occupy Skywalker Ranch!!!

The kid's performance looked a little hammy and forced to me as well. He might not have known, but he did know something was gonna happen because dad turned the camera on right then.

I haven't watched Star Wars in years. But the music is still awesome.

I don't think I can accurately recall what my reaction was the first time I saw it because I was barely six years old at the time, but I think I was less shocked at the revelation and more disappointed with ObiWan for being a liar. Also, I remember having nightmares after that about Han being frozen in carbonite, so that part of the movie was way more traumatic for me.

Next thing you guys will be telling me is there is no Santa Claus or Hanukkah Harry, & that the Easter Bunny isn't related to Bugs and that the Great Pumpkin is really just left wing propaganda designed to drum up sympathy for Wiccans.......search your feelings everyone you know this to be video to be true.......@duel@@

Next thing you guys will be telling me is there is no Santa Claus or Hanukkah Harry, & that the Easter Bunny isn't related to Bugs and that the Great Pumpkin is really just left wing propaganda designed to drum up sympathy for Wiccans.......search your feelings everyone you know this to be video to be true.......@duel@@

As do I I have no clue why people think this isn't for reqal.They don't know the family.Why would he tape his kid already if the kid already knew?

As do I I have no clue why people think this isn't for reqal.They don't know the family.Why would he tape his kid already if the kid already knew?

For a brief moment of internet stardom. That's about it, happens all the time.

I'm not saying the kid had already seen the movie (although, at his age, that should've been like his dozenth viewing, but thats a different suspicion) or that his dad told him who Vader was. But the kid clearly knew there was a camera on him and hammed it up at the appropriate moment. That's why it's staged. The kids a shittier actor than Jake Lloyd.

Yeah as soon as the kid looked at the camera I thought it was fake. Plus it's weird how long he holds that expression. I think most kids would yell at the tv. He's lying!

Sorry I think its legit

your telling me a kid that small can act?

No, I'm telling you the kid is a bad actor and that's why I can tell it's fake. I think that kid is old enough to do what his dad tells him to do so they can make a video for youtube.