10 Bizarre DC/Marvel Parallels

Wheeljack35

"Subconscious plagiarism" is a thing. It's when something that you have heard or seen or read about appears in your own work without you even realizing it. It's not definitely ripping someone off, because that's deliberate and nasty and that's not what this list is about.

It's about certain things in the Big Two's comics that ape each other pretty well, to the point of begging the question, "Did they do this on purpose?" Sometimes these certain things just happen over time, but sometimes they happen in such rapid succession that it seems like someone at Marvel or DC must be ripping somebody at DC or Marvel off. Well, we're not accusing anyone of anything, just pointing out some weird analogues.

You can check them out here

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/09/10_bizarre_dcmarvel_parallels.php

Some of those are the writer of the article trying to shoehorn something in that's not there. Ohmigosh! Both DC and Marvel have guys with bows and arrows?! That's the Robin Hood Mythos. Both have artificial people who want to be human? That's Pinocchio. They're cribbing, just not from each other.

OK its eating me up inside not to share the what should have been #1....

Deadpool -Wade Wilson vs Deathstroke the Terminator - Slade Wilson

That to me is the most blatant Marvel/DC Parallel

OK its eating me up inside not to share the what should have been #1....

Deadpool -Wade Wilson vs Deathstroke the Terminator - Slade Wilson

That to me is the most blatant Marvel/DC Parallel

That was deliberate on the part of Deadpool's creators.

Kinda like how the Shi'ar Imperial Guard are clearly the Legion of SuperHeroes and the Squadron Supreme are the Justice League.

I think Bucky has more in common with Nightwing than Jason. First, both are the orginal sidekicks. Both are good and fight for what is right. Not messed up like Jason. And both took over the mantels of their partners idenities.

Draven

I think Bucky has more in common with Nightwing than Jason. First, both are the orginal sidekicks. Both are good and fight for what is right. Not messed up like Jason. And both took over the mantels of their partners idenities.

Draven

Nah, Bucky is definately more of a "Jason". Difference being that Buck's resurrection had a good story behind it with Russians and espianage whereas Jason came back seemingly for no other reason than to run around and hate Batman for "letting him die".

Apocalypse 484 that is a good call. "Captain America Reborn" and "The Return of Bruce Wayne" both came out around the same time if I'm not mistaken... Just like Bucky and Jason Todd both coming back around the same time as well!

On another note, I miss Bucky already. I think the stories with him as Cap were compelling and fresh. His recent death was totally needless. And Red Hood & the Outlaws #1 was mediocre at best!

Apocalypse 484 that is a good call. "Captain America Reborn" and "The Return of Bruce Wayne" both came out around the same time if I'm not mistaken... Just like Bucky and Jason Todd both coming back around the same time as well!

On another note, I miss Bucky already. I think the stories with him as Cap were compelling and fresh. His recent death was totally needless. And Red Hood & the Outlaws #1 was mediocre at best!

Thats the only reason I was buying captian america was because of Bucky. I hate how these publishers always feel they have to kill someone in these big events.

And its why I am no longer buying a Marvel comic.... I am not happy with that. I have not bought a DC one in ages but now that Babs is back at Batgirl and Dick as nightwing I am buying again. Your loss Marvel!

Draven

They certainly were and that's why they had to go! You see, publishers will throw out "compelling and fresh" for "rehash what came before". Every time.

Hey, that's another Marvel/DC parallel!