Does anyone know how much the Legion 12 pack is going to be?

Dragon66

Seeing as how the cs 5 pack is almost 90 after tax.......I'd say around 250 after tax and shipping.

From the 9/15 ask matty quetions:

DCClassics.Com:We’ve marked our calendars for October 17th to buy the Legion 12pk, but how much do we need to save up?

The Legion of Superheroes pack will be $180. Be sure to visit Mattycollector.com on October 17 to get yours!

So after Tax and shipping, we are looking at around 210 for those of us in the states. The collectors over seas are going to get killed on shipping and customs.

From the 9/15 ask matty quetions:

DCClassics.Com:We’ve marked our calendars for October 17th to buy the Legion 12pk, but how much do we need to save up?

The Legion of Superheroes pack will be $180. Be sure to visit Mattycollector.com on October 17 to get yours!

So after Tax and shipping, we are looking at around 210 for those of us in the states. The collectors over seas are going to get killed on shipping and customs.

Thanks for the info, I look forward to getting this set.

If you think about its kind of a good deal actually. You just have to buy them all at once. But considering the 11 six inch guys would normally cost you 165 @ 15 a piece and the big guy in there Id say would go for 30 sense thats how much oversized figs are going to be on Mattycollector and that adds up to $195. Plus you get that sweet looking box to go with it, the little blob guy and a super nice 24-karat gold Legion Flight ring.

• Like 1

Plus you get a super nice 24-karat gold Legion Flight ring.

Not that it matters, cause I'm not getting anything from Matty.... But I wonder if "gold" still means the same thing, in Matty's fcked up mentality.... To many of us "gold" means, a precious yellow metallic element, highly malleable and ductile, and not subject to oxidation or corrosion. To Matty "gold" may mean, a plastic piece of sht, painted over 24 times in "gold" color-- and billed as a "24-karat gold" ring...

If you think about its kind of a good deal actually. You just have to buy them all at once. But considering the 11 six inch guys would normally cost you 165 @ 15 a piece and the big guy in there Id say would go for 30 sense thats how much oversized figs are going to be on Mattycollector and that adds up to $195. Plus you get that sweet looking box to go with it, the little blob guy and a super nice 24-karat gold Legion Flight ring.

RAT COCK!!!!.......it is still too expensive, if they are selling direct to the customer without the middle man they could give it to us at the cost to them and not the MSRP..or whatever it is called. Don't get me wrong my problem is not in liking or appreciating the pack, its that I want three sets and just cannot afford it at that price. I say screw the ring, and the blob guy, even the Colossal Boy....would rather get him down the line in the sub if it meant lower cost.

• Like 1

It's a lot to pay for, but it's not like the release was a secret or something. Hell, this box set was supposed to come out last year. If someone really wanted, they could have set aside some cash each month to eventually pay for it.

Also, why would they sell the figures to us at cost with no profit whatsoever? That makes zero financial sense. It wouldn't be any cheaper down the line if these figures were released individually, it'd be more expensive. 11 figures at $15 a figure is $165, and the deluxe figure at $30 is $195.

• Like 1

I thought you were one of the ones saying "I already bought four subscriptions so hopefully the sub goes through." Sounds like you have the money to save up for a Legion 12-pack if you wanted to.

I wouldn't have responded if I didn't read one of the dumbest posts I've seen. They can't give it to us below the MSRP they give to the main markets because the figures are made in smaller quantities. That's just simple economics.

• Like 2

You know what's funny? I buy a lot of comics in bulk at dealer shows, so I pay between 15 and 50 cents for the majority of my collection. Anyway, I'm well on my way to having an uninterrupted run of every Legion of SuperHeroes comic from about 1984 onwards...and I don't think I've read more than a dozen issues.

I'm still getting the 12-pack though. :)

You know what's funny? I buy a lot of comics in bulk at dealer shows, so I pay between 15 and 50 cents for the majority of my collection. Anyway, I'm well on my way to having an uninterrupted run of every Legion of SuperHeroes comic from about 1984 onwards...and I don't think I've read more than a dozen issues.

Try reading any of the Abnett and Lanning run of LoSH and you should enjoy reading the rest. The first Legion Lost series was very fun to read.

Either way, I am glad that they are releasing this set all together, so I do not have to worry about if Mattel is going to finish my Metal Men or Doom Patrol.

I, on the other hand, have read a lot of the books. My comic run stretches back into the Adventure Comics issues and I even have all of the Legion Archives.

Long live the Legion!

• Like 1

RAT COCK!!!!.......it is still too expensive, if they are selling direct to the customer without the middle man they could give it to us at the cost to them and not the MSRP..or whatever it is called. Don't get me wrong my problem is not in liking or appreciating the pack, its that I want three sets and just cannot afford it at that price. I say screw the ring, and the blob guy, even the Colossal Boy....would rather get him down the line in the sub if it meant lower cost.

Haven't you learned that toynewsi is not the place to voice your random thoughts and wishes without being berated and teased? @smilepunch@

I think its a good deal just kinda stupid planning by Mattel. A lot of people will not be able to buy it I think. I wanted it but with my moving expenses I think my dreams of having it are done for now.

Draven

Plus you get a super nice 24-karat gold Legion Flight ring.

Not that it matters, cause I'm not getting anything from Matty.... But I wonder if "gold" still means the same thing, in Matty's fcked up mentality.... To many of us "gold" means, a precious yellow metallic element, highly malleable and ductile, and not subject to oxidation or corrosion. To Matty "gold" may mean, a plastic piece of sht, painted over 24 times in "gold" color-- and billed as a "24-karat gold" ring...

I think its only gold plated actually.

Haven't you learned that toynewsi is not the place to voice your random thoughts and wishes without being berated and teased? @smilepunch@

Yes, unfortunately but there is still fun to be had. If people want to ignore logic its there problem. I still enjoy the discussions. @joker@

I can't wait! I do hope that somewhere down the line we see some female Legionnaires (Dawnstar, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, and Dream Girl first please!)