Old friend's action figures...got any?

yojoebro82

Do you have a childhood friend that you're pretty sure will never see again but still have a few of their toys?

I mixed up my GI Joes with some buddies when we'd play together in the yard back in the day. For the most part they all ended up going home with the correct owner, but somehow I ended up with my buddie's Crazylegs figure. He moved away long before cell phones and facebook, I know I'm probably never going to see him again. Since then I've tracked down all the accessories for him and my old friend's Crazylegs is now a part of my adult GI Joe collection!

Same thing happened with a vintage Yoda from some other friends. I never had SW when I was a kid so I can't remember how I ended up with this Yoda with no accessories, but I know he wasn't mine originally...trying to complete him now.

Anyone else got anything?

That's pretty cool that you still have it, he's one of those special childhood figures. You know what I mean, it looks kinda like crap when standing side by side with the current figures but you put it in your collection anyway because of the emotional attachment.

I grew up the oldest with two younger brothers, all of us two years apart. I always played with them or my cousins for the most part, so I don't have very many toys left by friends, but I did take away some toys and figures of mine and theirs when I moved out over fear of my dad tossing it all (like he did with all my original Thundercats and MOTU) I've got a Ghostbusters firehouse that belongs to my brother, and a Skeletor I am 99% sure was my cousins too. There are some odds and ends around, Bart Simpsons skate board, pieices of the Black Bird from Toybiz.

My GIJoe collection got started because my friends kept leaving their figures at my house. Lt. Falcon and FastDraw were the first Joes I ever purchased, but my Joe team already had ten guys on it by then.

More recently,(ten years ago) a friend of mine gave me his vintage G1 collection including Prime, Blaster, the Dinobots and about a dozen more. Then later on, he said his older brother wanted them back because theyre 'worth something'. I said they were buried in the basement and hard to get to, so I couldn't find them.

I don't have any I did trade figures with a few of my friends back in the day but usually we traded back after a few days though I'm sure my friend corey still has my Blitzwing

My go-bot Geeper Creeper has the gun that one of the guys that I work with had. Had a few GI Joes stolen by a second or third cousin when I was younger so I guess some of my old collection is with him. I have a few figures that moved on to collections of other members here as well. For the most part though my entire collection is one that I pieced together over the last ten years or so. Don't even have any personal vintage stuff in it outside of one stomper truck.

This one's more of a my old friends have my action figs, I hada healthy collection of Toy Biz Marvel dudes w/ a couple of Secret Wars figs, my favorites being my Wolverine with retractable claws & Wolvy Secret wars, SW's Dr Doom was awesome as well, I also hadda superpowers Martian Manhunter that was my default punching bag for Wolvy and his other TB universe friends, I loved Archangel and his wings, Cyclops was just so so and he came with a laser rifle? whattt? his rifle was actually cooler than him and his power light up Geordi Laforge eyepiece, oooh I had a glow in the dark Swamp thing that was the shizzle, I used it as an impromptu nightlight, not cause I was scared but just needed a light to show me what cd I was putting in my cd player at night.....my superpowers Red Tornado was pretty kewl as well, all in all I hadda about 25 or so figs all Marvel and DC in a popcorn tin that had Santa Klaws on it, after I moved away I left some of my treasures at my friends house cause if I left it with moms it would most certainly make her little moneys at her next garage sale, after I wandered the world high and low I returned home to find my friends gone and most of my action dudes and comix with them, I got some of my comics back so it wasn't all a loss. Then low and behold my older bro called me one day and demanded "his" comix back for his kids to read, I gave what I had left and started my new toy collection over again, (but nadda books) comix are just sooo spensive these days.....at least atta couple of garage sales I found a few secret wars Figs I used to have......ahh the circle of mundane life

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly these were figs I used to have, but mah friends inherited them and prolly sold them on ebay, God I cringe if it was craigslist (Crom knows what my toys are doing now for survival), I know it was opposite of topic, forgive my backwards boy ways. Some of the time when I get into replying to a topic I start to reminisce about that lil fat boy long ago who only knew of joes and galaxies far far away and the magic comes back. I'm glad I joined the forum it dusts off the cobweb toy box of memories in mah brain.....:OT:

• 1 month later...

my old buddy and i switched some joe's back in the day but i guess we both dont have any left. my actual bff has a lot of my figs. i gave them to him. he is my bro. everytime he loves a character i try to find it for him in figure form. he isnt the kind of guy who goes from store to store to hunt figures lol but he loves collecting them.

I found an Indiana Jones figure from the recent Hasbro line a couple of years ago. Oddly enough I found it in the yard next to the trash cans out back. The only thing I can figure is it was my nephew's and he dropped it out there one day. I cleaned it up for him and tried to give it back, but he seemed disinterested. So now Indy's been a resident of my sock drawer ever since. (lol)