Superman vs The Hulk

Wheeljack35

Superman moves a planet

1630333-superman_sun_soaked_moving_warworld.png

nuff said and it ain't from the 70's.....hahahahaha Don't be mad Marvel Fans just because Supes can move planets and would rip the Hulk apart

It's from the 2000s sure. And required Superman to spend a good amount of time sitting in the center of the sun to "supercharge" himself so he could pull off that stunt (and almost cost him his humanity/sanity in the process).

It was NOT under his normal power levels. Also, Warworld was the size of Pluto. Pluto isn't considered a planet anymore.

So yeah...might want to provide a little context before you start boasting. If this contest includes "when characters pull plot devices out of their butts to save the day" or "every single alternate reality showing counts" power levels, then there's no point, because at some point or another just about every character has at least momentarily enjoyed "infinite cosmic might" even if it was only for a few seconds or in an Elseworlds or "What If?".

Harping on my every word again Mr Angry? You guys are so quick to throw in Thor's belt of strength, his hammer, his Odin force power.........all these things aren't part of his base power and all of them are plot devices. If you weren't so stuck on me you would be consistent with the idea of, "plot devices" for ALL THE CHARACTERS not just my example.

If people can throw in Hulk's anger and potential for anger then why can't we throw in the potential for Superman???...ok, because I said it right.........yeah that is right.........some of you guys need some integrity when debating.

The overall point is that Thor's base strength is not stronger than Supes, Hulk's potential is not stronger than Supes. Hulk can burn himself out, War Hulk and Superman already beat Thor by the experts in the comic. Also for all you guys who say oh, DC would not allow it Supes to lose to Thor and DC commanded Supes to win is all BS. It was confirmed that nothing of the such happened and it nothing but a lie per Marvel fans who can't accept the truth. Hawkeye won the day anyway, but they overlook that point, I guess Marvel demanded that Hawkeye a Marvel character HAS TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!

• Like 1

QUESTION: So who would win in an all-out, knock-down, drag-out fight between the HULK and SUPERMAN?

ANSWER: YES.

It's comics. It's NOT real. There's NO wrong answers. Conversely, there's no right answers, either.

If the writers wanted to craft a story where SUPERMAN gets b-slapped by Howard the Duck, then they will...And it's no less legitimate.

• Like 2

Harping on my every word again Mr Angry? You guys are so quick to throw in Thor's belt of strength, his hammer, his Odin force power.........all these things aren't part of his base power and all of them are plot devices. If you weren't so stuck on me you would be consistent with the idea of, "plot devices" for ALL THE CHARACTERS not just my example.

If people can throw in Hulk's anger and potential for anger then why can't we throw in the potential for Superman???...ok, because I said it right.........yeah that is right.........some of you guys need some integrity when debating.

The overall point is that Thor's base strength is not stronger than Supes, Hulk's potential is not stronger than Supes. Hulk can burn himself out, War Hulk and Superman already beat Thor by the experts in the comic. Also for all you guys who say oh, DC would not allow it Supes to lose to Thor and DC commanded Supes to win is all BS. It was confirmed that nothing of the such happened and it nothing but a lie per Marvel fans who can't accept the truth. Hawkeye won the day anyway, but they overlook that point, I guess Marvel demanded that Hawkeye a Marvel character HAS TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!

Merely providing context for your misrepresented post. Furthermore, if you go back to my original post in the Thor vs. Superman thread, I clearly stated that under normal circumstances, SUPERMAN WOULD WIN. Just like in my post in this thread I said SUPERMAN WOULD WIN.

But feel free to continue arguing with someone that supported your position just because they don't bow down worship at the altar of DC and actually try to have rational, objective debates.

All I'm doing here is pointing out that you're not debating honestly or objectively.

Here you go, I'll provide an example of the same thing from the opposite side of the spectrum:

Hulk was Captain Universe, so the Hulk could just rearrange Superman's molecules to turn him into a mushroom. Hulk wins.

See how that DOESN'T work?

Merely providing context for your misrepresented post. Furthermore, if you go back to my original post in the Thor vs. Superman thread, I clearly stated that under normal circumstances, SUPERMAN WOULD WIN. Just like in my post in this thread I said SUPERMAN WOULD WIN.

But feel free to continue arguing with someone that supported your position just because they don't bow down worship at the altar of DC and actually try to have rational, objective debates.

All I'm doing here is pointing out that you're not debating honestly or objectively.

Here you go, I'll provide an example of the same thing from the opposite side of the spectrum:

Hulk was Captain Universe, so the Hulk could just rearrange Superman's molecules to turn him into a mushroom. Hulk wins.

Well you are arguing and picking apart my comments when I am mearly responding to others who are using plot devices and such. I was providing proof on Superman's potential to others -- NOT YOU -- other people were using Hulk's potential so I showed an example of Superman's potential, whether gamma fueled rage or solar energy why only example and combat mine?

• Like 1

Well you are arguing and picking apart my comments when I am mearly responding to others who are using plot devices and such. I was providing proof on Superman's potential to others -- NOT YOU -- other people were using Hulk's potential so I showed an example of Superman's potential, whether gamma fueled rage or solar energy why only example and combat mine?

Because the Hulk "getting stronger as he gets more angry" is a standard part of the Hulk's powerset. It's not something he has to do anything "special" to have happen.

Objectively speaking, the reason Superman wins this fight is because the Hulk will not get mad enough to match his strength before he gets KOed, much like what happened in the 90's crossover. Hulk (who had his full intelligence at the time) even knew it, that's why he sucker-punched Superman to start, trying to beat him down before he could recover and use his superior strength against him. Banner knew his only chance was to try to catch him by surprise and take him down early.

What's NOT going to happen? This:

Superman: "Wait wait, hold on Hulk. I need to go fly into the sun for a few hours so I can supercharge myself to sub-planet moving levels."

Hulk: "Oh, cool, no problem man. I'll just sit here and work on getting more angry while you're gone."

The OTHER reason I keep "harping" on you is because you really don't NEED to counter all the plot device arguments to provide a good explanation for why Superman wins. Superman is a bazillion times faster, and starts out a great deal stronger than the Hulk's "default" power levels. None of this requires any special "tricks." The Hulk has nothing that can counter Superman's speed, and the combination of that speed and superior "starting strength" ends the fight before the Hulk even gets strong enough to challenge him. Hulk's "potential" is irrelevant unless he somehow starts the fight already extremely angry.

As I said before, if you bring in every alternate continuity, retconned, or plot-device "showing" into the debate, then the debate is pointless because both characters end up with "unlimited power" due to rare showings. Stalemate.

Because the Hulk "getting stronger as he gets more angry" is a standard part of the Hulk's powerset. It's not something he has to do anything "special" to have happen.

Objectively speaking, the reason Superman wins this fight is because the Hulk will not get mad enough to match his strength before he gets KOed, much like what happened in the 90's crossover. Hulk (who had his full intelligence at the time) even knew it, that's why he sucker-punched Superman to start, trying to beat him down before he could recover and use his superior strength against him. Banner knew his only chance was to try to catch him by surprise and take him down early.

What's NOT going to happen? This:

Superman: "Wait wait, hold on Hulk. I need to go fly into the sun for a few hours so I can supercharge myself to sub-planet moving levels."

Hulk: "Oh, cool, no problem man. I'll just sit here and work on getting more angry while you're gone."

The OTHER reason I keep "harping" on you is because you really don't NEED to counter all the plot device arguments to provide a good explanation for why Superman wins. Superman is a bazillion times faster, and starts out a great deal stronger than the Hulk's "default" power levels. None of this requires any special "tricks." The Hulk has nothing that can counter Superman's speed, and the combination of that speed and superior "starting strength" ends the fight before the Hulk even gets strong enough to challenge him. Hulk's "potential" is irrelevant unless he somehow starts the fight already extremely angry.

As I said before, if you bring in every alternate continuity, retconned, or plot-device "showing" into the debate, then the debate is pointless because both characters end up with "unlimited power" due to rare showings. Stalemate.

Here is a hint, don't tell me, tell the ones whose arguments go against your explanation.

• Like 1

LOL! WheelJack, That movie along with that scene confused the whole world.

A. Superman's weakness is kryptonite? Right?

B. He lifts a mountain of it after being shived in the kidney like he was in OZ ! haha

C. So it just confused the hell out of everyone to see him lift a mountain of kryptonite.

D. Superman's other weakness is bad writers that write crazy crap just because it's Superman. haha

The Hulk doesn't have to fly into space with an island, he could throw it. Also do you all even read Hulk comics because he's the man! haha

• Like 1

LOL! WheelJack, That movie along with that scene confused the whole world.

A. Superman's weakness is kryptonite? Right?

B. He lifts a mountain of it after being shived in the kidney like he was in OZ ! haha

C. So it just confused the hell out of everyone to see him lift a mountain of kryptonite.

D. Superman's other weakness is bad writers that write crazy crap just because it's Superman. haha

The Hulk doesn't have to fly into space with an island, he could throw it. Also do you all even read Hulk comics because he's the man! haha

It's what he had inside ...think about it

Haha! It seems that Schillinger put Superman "in the hat", because he was created by Jews... Or maybe Schillinger realized that he himself is also J. Jonah Jameson, and had "the Brand" carry out the contract on behalf of Marvel....

• Like 1

Superman throws Hulk into space, Hulk dies!

Superman uses heat vision to burn through hulks brain, Hulk Dies!

Superman throws hulk into the sun, Hulk dies!

Superman outsmarts hulk and has him revert to Bruce Banner, then kills him aka Hulk dies!

Let's face it Superman is just better, you can go back and forth about arguing over who'se stronger but that's all Hulk has.

Superman can beat him 25 different ways without using superstrength.

The Hulk is basically an extremely weak Doomsday and Superman defeated him numerous times.

The whole Avengers might have a problem beating Superman, so no way Hulk can do it alone.

Haha! It seems that Schillinger put Superman "in the hat", because he was created by Jews...

Whoa whoa whoa! Kind of a hard "J" you just dropped there hu? Let this clip explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYDhZ_PVfhg

Haha! RP that clip was hilarious. It seems that they were poking fun at the whole "PC" thing.... I didnt even realize that I dropped a "hard J" or a "J-Bomb" (just imagine if they started calling it that now haha). I think that the whole "politically correct" way of thinking, is really getting out of control in America... It seems that nothing could ever be said anymore, without politicians and "PC" enforcers, trying to make it seem like one is a "baby killer" or is walking on eggshells, with anything that's ever said.

OK then, Superman was created by two people of the "Jewish faith"....

So then is it safe to say that Firestorm is a pentecostal? Haha!

Haha! It seems that Schillinger put Superman "in the hat", because he was created by Jews...

Whoa whoa whoa! Kind of a hard "J" you just dropped there hu? Let this clip explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYDhZ_PVfhg

*sighs* he posted the proper term according to wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews

Superman outsmarts hulk and has him revert to Bruce Banner, then kills him aka Hulk dies!

Let's face it Superman is just better, you can go back and forth about arguing over who'se stronger but that's all Hulk has.

The Hulk is basically an extremely weak Doomsday and Superman defeated him numerous times.

The whole Avengers might have a problem beating Superman, so no way Hulk can do it alone.

LOL if this was FB I would of pushed like :P

LOL if this was FB I would of pushed like :P

Doubled!!!

Haha! RP that clip was hilarious. It seems that they were poking fun at the whole "PC" thing.... I didnt even realize that I dropped a "hard J" or a "J-Bomb" (just imagine if they started calling it that now haha). I think that the whole "politically correct" way of thinking, is really getting out of control in America... It seems that nothing could ever be said anymore, without politicians and "PC" enforcers, trying to make it seem like one is a "baby killer" or is walking on eggshells, with anything that's ever said.

Na guys! It isn't a hard J, I'm just messin around (probably doesn't help that I watched that episode of Sunny last night) I mean, a Jew is a Jew, a Mexican is a Mexican, it's all good fun! Just trying to lighten the mood a little, thought maybe there were more fans of the show around. You're right Dick, that show isn't PC in the least and makes fun of it... its great.

In terms of Superman vs Hulk, it's Hulk hands down. Superman would eventually let up on Hulk, he doesn't have that killer instinct in him, Hulk would eventually win. Hulk would keep at it, battle after battle if he had to, but he would get the drop on Superman because Superman doesn't have the balls to kill. He can move the whole solar system if he wants to, but he wouldn't kill. Hulk wins.

Na guys! It isn't a hard J, I'm just messin around (probably doesn't help that I watched that episode of Sunny last night) I mean, a Jew is a Jew, a Mexican is a Mexican, it's all good fun! Just trying to lighten the mood a little, thought maybe there were more fans of the show around. You're right Dick, that show isn't PC in the least and makes fun of it... its great.

Its cool man. I actually found the clip hilarious.

• 5 months later...

Thanks dude. The first part has been around for a long time, I figured they would never conclude it, well at least we have Part 2 and will have to wait another 3 years for part 3....lol.

I like how they used Chris Reeve's likeness for Supes, if they are going with the movie version of Superman then he should finish the Hulk, movie version moves planets, moves at the speed of light, etc. Movie Hulk barely held his own against Abomination.