Just for arguments sake.

Lady Jaye

and the family takes Superman to Disney/Marvel?? 0_0

What would you think?? Would you look forward to the possibilities? Or would you just be too taken back and never read another Superman comic ever???

For those that look forward to the possibilities, would you want to see him join the Avengers, or would you like him to remain a solo character?? Would he have new villains created just for him, or would existing characters step into play as his arch rivals?? Who would you like to see step up??

Now this is a what if scenario! I don't want replies stating it'll never happen, legalize this or that, blah blah blah!! In this thread it does happen, what would your reaction be??

Uhh Lord forbid.

Like WCW/ECW under WWE

Like Captain Marvel under DC

Most often these take-overs don't work, even still I think Marvel would respect the property and if they didn't the backlash from even Marvel fans would be negative. I think Marvel would try to do right by Superman but I don't think they would have him dominate like how he is in DC but they would attempt to respect Supes. Superman in Marvel could work, I am sure they would want to tweak some things, take the core story and change it some to suit the MU. Then they would go through and create an extensive back story and create interactions to go along with existing characters. I am sure in the MU though Thor would win in a fight between the two, even the Hulk would be stronger than Supes. I don't know how good it would be but I believe they would try to make Supes a worthy addition.

What I think would be cool is to first have a throwback story that takes place "many years ago"--an oversized one-shot or mini series.

In it the Avengers (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, and a few other old schoolers) fly to Kansas to check out sketchy reports of a "superboy" who is rumored to have done some amazing things around town. No one knows it is Clack Kent but the Avengers find out eventually and together they get into some craziness and save-the-day action. At the end the Avengers realize this "Superboy" is a good egg, wish him luck, and leave him to live his life in peace. Have it drawn by George Perez and written by some capable writer.

THEN do Superman #1, set in modern Marvel time, where an older Clark realizes it's time to step up and try to make a difference in the world. The Avengers, having worked with him before, knows he's cool and become fast allies.

Just three requests for this fantasy (three that may be tough for Marvel) 1. Just ONE Superman book. Overexposure is the enemy! 2. Get someone other than Brain Michael Bendis to write it. He's not bad, but is highly overrated. 3. Please find some way to NOT make Wolverine a vital part of Supes' origin and adventures.

There you have it, Marvel Superman!

Oh my that's an awesome what if.......Hmm he wouldn't have any of the DC uni. friends or villains of course cause of property rights sooo the way I imagine it is instead of verging right (his craft pod) goes left after his ahem* parental figures* send him off to life boot camp. It would be cool if he had a personality complex between good/eeeevillle & emerged as a new bada$$ villain to show the MU whats up, but eventually he would see the error of his ways, maybe through the love of a good She-Hulk, Scarlett Witch, or Vindicator could turn him, either way it would be interesting. What time period would he emerge? now or or later maybe the 60s or 80s, would he stand alone or be part of the Avengers, would Supes have shield envy or would Cap. A have Cape envy, who would be Batman's true nemesis w/Supes gone?........so many questions and infinite answers.....

How would DC deal with this in there Universe? If this did happen?

Supermans history is intertwined with other stories that happened..Take the Reign of the Supermen for example..Coast City being destroyed cause Hal Jordan to go nuts and kill all the Lanterns for their rings

Supermans history is intertwined with other stories that happened..Take the Reign of the Supermen for example..Coast City being destroyed cause Hal Jordan to go nuts and kill all the Lanterns for their rings

Ohhhh man, you haven't read a lot of DC have you? They have a way of doing away with pesky continuity. Just pick up any DC book this month. They'd find a way.

Ohhhh man, you haven't read a lot of DC have you? They have a way of doing away with pesky continuity. Just pick up any DC book this month. They'd find a way.

Seroiusly I haven't read it since the Zero Hour story

at least it would finally get a good movie.

Ha ha ha, you probably got that right JJ!!! A Superman movie with the caliber of Marvel's movie moguls, would probably be bad ass!!!

I like the ideas I'm reading, keep em coming!!!

Probably the best idea that I've read came from yojoe bro! I think the Avengers, or Defenders in that time, finding a young Clark, then once mature he accepts the responsibility and joins the Avengers!!! I don't think he'd lead, that honor would still fall on Captain America!! But I would really think he'd be second in command!!!

Wow, Superman in Marvel!! I wonder, would there even be a Clark Kent??? Or would he go by his given name from Krypton?? Seeing as Marvel Heroes that are officially in the public eye, have a private side!! A la FF or Avengers!!

I can't see a scenario where the character wouldn't be marginalized, if they even bothered to try fit him into their shared Universe at all. I mean, at that point he'd be a licensed character like Rom, or NFL Superpro. Most likely they'd just have him in his own book in a separate universe. A book with limp sales I might add.

Most likely they'd just have him in his own book in a separate universe. A book with limp sales I might add.

Supes in his own universe? I say go for it! Why not? When GI Joe was at Marvel it was more or less in its own universe and it lasted a good long time. And there's no reason for his sales to be limp if the writer and artist are good and care about the character and telling interesting stories. People will buy good comics. Especially if it's Superman!

If they could catch him??

Now, are any of his supporting cast part of this suit?? If nit, then I'd wager they would stay at DC!! What they would be good for is beyond me??

Perhaps a good second question to this thread should be, how would the DC universe, specifically Superman's allies and foes be used now that he us gone?? Who would Lex be rivals with? Who would Lois fall in love with?? Any need for Jimmy, Perry, or the Daily Bugle???

Ponder!!!

I think Lex is big enough to be an all-purpose villain in the DCU. He can butt corporate head with Wayne Industries and Queen Inc. and such.

And the Daily Planet is integrated itself into the DCU that its characters could be connected to stories throughout. Especially if a new Hero moved to Metropolis. This is assuming DC would retain control of those characters of course. I think some of them go when Superman does.

Here's another possible take. Instead of writing Superman into the Marvel U, just drop him in.

Through some cosmic CRISIS, he finds himself cast out of his own universe and dumped in good ol' 616. On his own Earth, he learned to live with being an alien a long time ago. At this point in his life, he very much considers himself an Earthman. Then BOOM...

Suddenly, he's a stranger in a strange land all over again. This isn't his Earth. Most of the people, places, and heroes he knew don't even exhist. The villains, some of which are far more powerful than anything he's faced "back home" are completely new to him, and even a few natural laws from his world don't apply here. Maybe this causes his powers to work differently. Now he has to get used to that to.

In short, for the first time since that rocket crashed in Smallville, he's totally out of his element, and completely unprepared. No Fortress, no Metropolis, no Smallville, no Ma& Pa Kent.

Just when he hits his lowest point, a cute little reporter by the name of Lois turns up. Is it Lois' 616 twin? Or could it be his Lois somehow transposed to this new reality along with him? Did anyone else make it? Guess who has to Superman-up and find some answers.

That sounds like an awesome idea. I like that one the best so far.

They could finally kill him for REAL.And do kinda like mako said but have it be explained kinda like what happened with Batman when he died in Final Crisis but instead of being sent back in time he is sent to the marvel universe.

Here's another possible take. Instead of writing Superman into the Marvel U, just drop him in.

Through some cosmic CRISIS, he finds himself cast out of his own universe and dumped in good ol' 616. On his own Earth, he learned to live with being an alien a long time ago. At this point in his life, he very much considers himself an Earthman. Then BOOM...

Suddenly, he's a stranger in a strange land all over again. This isn't his Earth. Most of the people, places, and heroes he knew don't even exhist. The villains, some of which are far more powerful than anything he's faced "back home" are completely new to him, and even a few natural laws from his world don't apply here. Maybe this causes his powers to work differently. Now he has to get used to that to.

In short, for the first time since that rocket crashed in Smallville, he's totally out of his element, and completely unprepared. No Fortress, no Metropolis, no Smallville, no Ma& Pa Kent.

Just when he hits his lowest point, a cute little reporter by the name of Lois turns up. Is it Lois' 616 twin? Or could it be his Lois somehow transposed to this new reality along with him? Did anyone else make it? Guess who has to Superman-up and find some answers.

best idea of the bunch! I don't want Supes away from DC and I really bet DC would never let that happen and end up beding over and opening the wallet to the family before they did @loll@ But this is a great idea!

Draven

Uhh Lord forbid.

Like WCW/ECW under WWE

Like Captain Marvel under DC

Most often these take-overs don't work, even still I think Marvel would respect the property and if they didn't the backlash from even Marvel fans would be negative. I think Marvel would try to do right by Superman but I don't think they would have him dominate like how he is in DC but they would attempt to respect Supes. Superman in Marvel could work, I am sure they would want to tweak some things, take the core story and change it some to suit the MU. Then they would go through and create an extensive back story and create interactions to go along with existing characters. I am sure in the MU though Thor would win in a fight between the two, even the Hulk would be stronger than Supes. I don't know how good it would be but I believe they would try to make Supes a worthy addition.

Wow SP that was a calm response. When I read this question I automatically had to see what your thoughts were.

I really thought you would give a resounding hell no! LOL!

Any who, I'm sure the writers would come up with something cool for his backstory. Forget Superman though I wish that Marvel could get Captain Marvel so they stop all the world wide confusion about him not have to call him Shazam because of that silly rule that DC/Marvel came up with. haha

They can call him Captain Marvel in the actual comic, just not on the cover. And that is how they could get around the Superman thing as well. On the cover, instead if it saying "Superman", just have the title be the modern Superman Logo, which DC/WB owns anyway. Everyone knows what that is anyway.

They could finally kill him for REAL.And do kinda like mako said but have it be explained kinda like what happened with Batman when he died in Final Crisis but instead of being sent back in time he is sent to the marvel universe.

The equivelent of going to hell :P

Actually, it almost happened, sort of...

According to Jim Shooter, in the early '80's, he was in talks to license "...the publishing rights for all DC characters to Marvel Comics." From what I remember reading in the comments though, I don't believe it went as far as how/if the two universes would be affected.