The Mass Retail Version of the Sentinel with classic colors is up for pre-order

JayC

• 9 months later...

Well, this was a huge surprise. I found the classic color version at TJ Maxx today for $30. I don't think I've seen reports of this hitting any brick & mortar stores at all. Has anyone else heard of the classic colors version being found at WM, Target or TRU? Or anywhere else at retail for that matter?

• 1 month later...

Upon summoning my spidey sense, my 6ith sense, horse sense and fading sense of decency I suggested to my gf that we frequent the local establishments in the pursuit of clearance clarence deals. We took a small trip up the country to one of my favorite Ross's and Target shopping center. Terget alas was bare of any real clearance fun cept maybe 2.98 for the Batman series Penguin mobile? a giant rubberduck from the movie (seriously who greenlights this S? I can think of half a dozen other Batman (pronounced Batmin) adversarial vehicles that need to be made before that yellow turd on four wheels) and the Batmobile w/Armor shell?wtf? my gf bought that for her son for xmas (if your on here man, I apologize, I ruuned Xmas yet again, last Xmas I told him Santa retired and had a change of lifestyle after he divorced missus Claus and ran away w/Herbie where they wed on the Island of misfit toyz, Yukon Cornelius was devastated but still married them both as he is registered as a minster). Tergets did have the new MU 2packs with Cain Marko sans helmet (caught in a rage face as if passing a large kidney stone) vs Colossus & Mandarin (his mask was beyond the ridiculous as he looks like every stereotype of mystic asian I have ever imagined) vs Iron Man (staypuft mushmellow armor mark 667). I saved my stubborn cash as I'm in the red currently for my toy collecting. I wandered next door and ran (run is such a loose term maybe ambled or fastwaddled (soon to be and olympic event, cmon 2016 we need fastwaddlers now more than ever)) to my fav section. It was sparse and I even saw a tumbleweed or 2 blow thru. I nosed around and used my ample frame to muscle out the 7 year olds looking for Beyblades? (seriously we need to have a talk w/toy execs these days). I spotted the usual Transformers w/human helplers (why not squish the lil bags of flesh and take over this puny planet already?) those were 6bux, and a few Iron men (Eyeron min) all the same armour w/nary a Hulkbuster Armor in sight. Buttt plenty of Iron man on four wheelers? (once again when did Satan start working for all the toy companies, he must be busy, oh that dark prince, he's a joker). So I spotted a Marvel Minimates 2pack Daredevil vs Sin Eater (thats my handle on the CB radio well maybe Sinovereater). That was 5$ kinda steep but I bit and it tasted slightly like cardboard chicken. I relegated myself to this kool find and tried to find my gf to leave and there it was! a shining beacon, the diamond in the ruffneck, a chorus of angels sang from the Heavens as I could swear I heard the sound of Excalibur being unsheathed as I picked up the Sentinel Vs Wolvy box..........even moreso when I saw that is was the Classic colored Sentinel (Purple arms and legs cause purple is death and also a fruit according to my Homer bible). It was 24.99 cause one penny more would be sheer retail madness. I pushed the lil robot's chest button and he gladly obliged by saying "Mutant Detected" and how damn right he was, I am proud to be a Mutant (more mutant than chud I hope). As I paid for it the kid behind the counter remarked how kool it was & was prolly thinking about how kool I was for telling him in my Sid the Sloth voice that this Sentinel was in the Classic colors......So I Strutted out the door to my Saturday Night Fever mind music and sweatly waited for my Gf to finish shopping so I could get back into her car and possibly head home or some place like it.......