DC Universe Club Infinite Earths Update

TOYMAN65

DC Universe Club Infinite Earths Update

Mattycollector.com

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 3:06pm.

Hi DC Universe Club Infinite Earths fans!

We have some good news...the 2012 DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program is moving forward! As you know, we did not hit the number of subscribers we were seeking for the club, but we know that there are some very passionate DC Universe fans, so we found a way to make the program work.

Current subscribers will get 6" and oversized figures according to the schedule that was originally communicated at San Diego Comic Con and online. All figures that have been revealed will be part of the subscription program.

In order to make the program work, we needed to raise prices for day-of sales. So if you are NOT a subscriber, you will be paying more for the figures on the day of the sale. The good news for subscribers is that you are locked in at the subscription rates previously advertised.

And the even better news is that we are exploring re-opening the subscription program for a limited window of time. We've heard fans online posting that they wish that they had subscribed, so now you'll get that chance. Be on the lookout for more details and dates next week.

We still have more good news, we are excited to reveal the winning club exclusive figure...Metron! So all of the subscribers will get their very own Metron, along with his Mobius Chair!

All of this good news will hopefully mean a fabulous start to the weekend for all of the DC Universe fans!

-FanGirl 2.0 :)

• Like 1

This is great news, I can see locking in the prices and having to increase on the individual since they have to compensate for not reaching the number they needed. As long as they don't apply this to other lines it's cool to me. It sounds reasonable to me but I'm sure the anger is just minutes away lol. Now hopefully those that did not want this dc line will stick to their guns and not buy these because that will prove a point to Mattel, cuz if your going to cry and whine but then you end up buying that just keeps business as usually for matty. Glad i got my sub. :D

This is great news, I can see locking in the prices and having to increase on the individual since they have to compensate for not reaching the number they needed. As long as they don't apply this to other lines it's cool to me. It sounds reasonable to me but I'm sure the anger is just minutes away lol. Now hopefully those that did not want this dc line will stick to their guns and not buy these because that will prove a point to Mattel, cuz if your going to cry and whine but then you end up buying that just keeps business as usually for matty. Glad i got my sub. :D

You are dreaming if you think this wont spread... "Cherry pickers" for MOTUC might as well bend over now...

• Like 1

You are dreaming if you think this wont spread... "Cherry pickers" for MOTUC might as well bend over now...

We'll have to see, but like I said if people really quit buying and Mattel sees less profit they will have to change but most people like to cry and buy and so the same will continue.

• Like 1

Look No one wants day of sale prices to go up even if it's only $3.00 to $5.00 but the sad fact of the matter is Cost of raw materials to produce these figures have gone up along with other things. Bakeries have gone up on some items they sell due to their cost increase of flour. UPS and other shipping companies went up on their prices because of the high gas cost.

Why is mattel supposed to have to keep the cost to us the same year after year? They have said they are paying more now for raw materials than in past years and having to pay the people more in china who make the figures so yes at some point the increased cost trickles down and gets passed along to the consumer "US" Now if it's only day of sale that sees the increase fine, if it finally hits subscriptions starting in 2013 then so be it. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything if they don't want to pay the price increase. Those of us who do still buy the product will just have to deal with it.

Nothing is written in stone yet so we just have to wait and see what Mattel does in 2013.

• Like 1

Look No one wants day of sale prices to go up even if it's only $3.00 to $5.00 but the sad fact of the matter is Cost of raw materials to produce these figures have gone up along with other things. Bakeries have gone up on some items they sell due to their cost increase of flour. UPS and other shipping companies went up on their prices because of the high gas cost.

Why is mattel supposed to have to keep the cost to us the same year after year? They have said they are paying more now for raw materials than in past years and having to pay the people more in china who make the figures so yes at some point the increased cost trickles down and gets passed along to the consumer "US" Now if it's only day of sale that sees the increase fine, if it finally hits subscriptions starting in 2013 then so be it. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything if they don't want to pay the price increase. Those of us who do still buy the product will just have to deal with it.

Nothing is written in stone yet so we just have to wait and see what Mattel does in 2013.

I am not sure what was the purpose of your post... My comment stated that price increase is going to happen so be prepared...

On a side note... I doubt Mattel needs to pay Chinese workers more... They dont have the same privileges we do...

We'll have to see, but like I said if people really quit buying and Mattel sees less profit they will have to change but most people like to cry and buy and so the same will continue.

Not with me. Unlike those lucky subscribers, I like choosing what I buy, and I won't pay extra for that right.

Guess I'm lucky I like everything and those I don't care for get customized :P

• Like 3

I doubt Mattel needs to pay Chinese workers more... They dont have the same privileges we do...

Haha China seems to have a lot more, if you look at the American bailout prices.... I wouldn't be surprised if after China declares ownership of America, if all the American monuments will bare the "Made In China" label....

And about the Matty situation, I'm another person sticking to what I had said originally. I'm not giving Matty another damn penny, until their business stops being a "protection racket" and goes back to being a toy company.

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!......Im gunna keep getting my favorite toys at a price thats reasonable to me. Thats all that matters to me. Nothin wrong with that. Long live DCUC!

Twenty bucks plus eight dollars for shipping is reasonable to you? That's what they're likely to cost. All of the sudden I feel sorry for the people who got suckered into buying 3 or 4 subs just to keep this thing afloat.

• Like 1

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!......Im gunna keep getting my favorite toys at a price thats reasonable to me. Thats all that matters to me. Nothin wrong with that. Long live DCUC!

Wow some people gave you a negative, I guess they did not like that you are able to buy stuff at your budget and are happy about the subs. I'm guessing they are upset that your are not that upset about the price situation. Well subbers beware if your thinking of posting up pics of your dc sub stuff get ready to get posts about "looks cheap", "not worth the money" , "glad I did not get the subs", and "suckers" lol but really to each their own. @smilepunch@

• Like 2

Twenty bucks plus eight dollars for shipping is reasonable to you? That's what they're likely to cost. All of the sudden I feel sorry for the people who got suckered into buying 3 or 4 subs just to keep this thing afloat.

Its 15.00 per figure and if you bought more than one, the shipping balances out to be cheaper than if you bought from say -- ebay or an online store.

I must admit though I am slightly happy. The thought of getting Jay Garrick as the Flash is exciting to me, also I can't wait to see what the oversixe figures will be. Well now I can expect a Granny Goodness. Mattel, hear me now -- I want the following ASAP

Amazing Man - original outfit with cape

Atomic Skull - original outfit with cape

Extant -- heck yeah

Yuga Khan -- Darkseid's pop is one of DC's baddest of the bad

Maxima -- too tough not to be made into a figure

Bloodwynd -- heck yeah

Its 15.00 per figure and if you bought more than one, the shipping balances out to be cheaper than if you bought from say -- ebay or an online store.

I must admit though I am slightly happy. The thought of getting Jay Garrick as the Flash is exciting to me, also I can't wait to see what the oversixe figures will be. Well now I can expect a Granny Goodness. Mattel, hear me now -- I want the following ASAP

Amazing Man - original outfit with cape

Atomic Skull - original outfit with cape

Extant -- heck yeah

Yuga Khan -- Darkseid's pop is one of DC's baddest of the bad

Maxima -- too tough not to be made into a figure

Bloodwynd -- heck yeah

I am also glad it finally went through. At-least those of us that did subscribe, Get the standard figures for $15.oo.

• Like 1

No, but $15 plus shipping is......@joker@.......

Wow some people gave you a negative, I guess they did not like that you are able to buy stuff at your budget and are happy about the subs. I'm guessing they are upset that your are not that upset about the price situation. Well subbers beware if your thinking of posting up pics of your dc sub stuff get ready to get posts about "looks cheap", "not worth the money" , "glad I did not get the subs", and "suckers" lol but really to each their own. @smilepunch@

Thanks man. Yeah i like to keep politics out of toys and toys out of politics.....lol.....unless were talking about making an Uncle Sam toy and the rest of the freedom Fighters.

Sweet, Metron is going to get made. Now we just need a Granny Goodness and Highfather and I will be happy with my new gods (there are alot more that I want but those two most of all).

I really hope we get a Elasti Girl, some more metal men and some Legion members (Dawnstar, really need a Dawnstar).

But who ever we are getting im already very happy with the 5 announced.