Masterpiece Rodimus problem

kal1usa

I got Masterpiece Rodimus over the weekend and encountered a problem.

In trying to change the face from Hot Rod to Rodimus, the Hot Rod face got stuck up in the helmet portion of the head.

I think I've tried everything, short of taking apart the head, and can't get it unstuck.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it? How small of a screw driver was needed if you did have to take the head apart?

I don't want to ruin a $60 item I just bought, but I've run out of ideas.

Any and all advice will be welcome.

Thanks.

Yes I did ..I had the same problem.I used a blade to pry it and to change the face I had to pop the head off .It is on a ball joint .I had more of a problem changing the face then it getting stuck

If you don't want to use a blade try a butter knife or a flathead screwdriver

You guys are lucky I haven't yet seen him and wild I was at work yesturday I look to see when we will be getting any well sad to say that we will not be getting them in my store. Both the wherehouse and the distreak show a zero in it well the wherehouse shows a -60 in it which means that the wherehouse has ship all of them to the other stores in are distreak and we didn't get any. @grumpy@

You guys are lucky I haven't yet seen him and wild I was at work yesturday I look to see when we will be getting any well sad to say that we will not be getting them in my store. Both the wherehouse and the distreak show a zero in it well the wherehouse shows a -60 in it which means that the wherehouse has ship all of them to the other stores in are distreak and we didn't get any. @grumpy@

I bought mine during the SDCC sale on TOYSRUS.com... I havent seen him in stores either...

Yes I did ..I had the same problem.I used a blade to pry it and to change the face I had to pop the head off .It is on a ball joint .I had more of a problem changing the face then it getting stuck

I took off the head, but I don't think that's going to help. I tried prying it out but couldnt get any leverage.

I attached a few of pictures that show thei problem. Did your's look like this?

post-4171-0-60926500-1314727511_thumb.jpgpost-4171-0-06459000-1314727530_thumb.jpg

post-4171-0-17245600-1314727550_thumb.jpgpost-4171-0-12285400-1314727571_thumb.jpg

I took off the head, but I don't think that's going to help. I tried prying it out but couldnt get any leverage.

I attached a few of pictures that show thei problem. Did your's look like this?

IMG_0463.JPGIMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPGIMG_0466.JPG

Yes but as I said grab a butterknife if thats too big try something smaller is has to be pryed out..Pry it from the chin area forward.Mine did get stuck too

I'd recommend getting a tool kit for glasses, like the tiny little screwdrivers, and maybe use the flathead to flip it back out. But I'm assuming they include a flathead screwdriver in them. Or maybe toothpicks? That would be less likely to scratch the plastic.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what all the issues they are fixing for V2. I'm upset they couldn't get this fixed the first time, now I got V1 and I feel cheated.

But I get its the black shins in the front, the Spoiler in the back, and also his hands because I can't even get him to hold his gun.

I wonder what all the issues they are fixing for V2. I'm upset they couldn't get this fixed the first time, now I got V1 and I feel cheated.

But I get its the black shins in the front, the Spoiler in the back, and also his hands because I can't even get him to hold his gun.

Are you refering to the TakaraTomy or Hasbro version?

Are you refering to the TakaraTomy or Hasbro version?

Takara version, i just saw on BBTS a version 2 is coming out.

I bought mine during the SDCC sale on TOYSRUS.com... I havent seen him in stores either...

I saw four of him at Toys R Us two days ago.

Yeah the face on TRU is very stiff compare to MP9. Over time when the material and joints become stiff and hard, I can see the face will be an issue. As for V2, I think it's probably the same as the TRU version.