Raising prices for Cherry Picker?

Bringbackmy80s

Mattel: We picked up this term from fan site message boards. It is a term fans use, not one Mattel made up. How about we call them "day of purchasers"?

How about you at least pretend to be professionals and call us consumers. You know, those people you have to be really nice to so they'll buy your product, no matter how over-priced or poorly made it is.

Totally agree with this. I've felt this way for a while, that Mattel needs to see us as customers, not fans, or cherry pickers or whatever else they want to use. We are customers, bottom line, and we should expect nothing but the best when we hand over our hard earned cash. MOTUC's days are numbered, I really feel like it is on the down slope and really it's the whole sub issue. What started out as a great idea to help "fans" buy their product because of quick sellouts, quickly turned to a greed machine, where locked in numbers are the name of the game.

Someone please give mako a positive +1, I hit the negative by mistake.

• Like 1

where locked in numbers are the name of the game.

Seems like Mattel just wants to live in a perfect world where there are no pegwarmers and by God, people will buy everything or they'll get nothing! Great company.

And yes, Cherry Picker definately does have a negative connotation...

• Like 3

as i said before, $2 - 3 more on day of sales is fine by me.

Anyone else love that, along with all the natural hate generated by Mattel's mess of a subscription, that the branding of "cherry picker" generates more nerd elitism than toy collecting needs. First, its the "fans" must save dcuc. Then any "fan" opposed to the sub is a lesser, or whiner. And now there are some "fans" that want "cherry pickers" to pay even more because they had the "blind faith" in the sub to begin with and the "pickers" didnt.

Agreed. I too believe there is a sense of elitism in certain collectors whereas they feel superior if they have gotten a first release figures and refuse any straight reissues.

Yeah I experianced that one on the MOTUC forum.Because I didn't want all the figures and didn't think it was fair to pay for something I didn't want I was viewed as this low peon

Plus $2-3 more will not break me

You should feel shamed for not buying somthing you dont want. Not that I like to talk to my lessers, as I did buy a sub, but dont you know its people like you that are causing small chinese children to starve. They are forced to eat the plastic figures you refuse to buy, so sad. Its your fault the economy is so bad, if only you bought the sub....shame on you. Did I mention that your also the cause for aids, thats right your not buying a sub is causing aids, now dont you just feel bad. And war, if only you bought those figures the world would be at peace.

Heh, im thinking I can write the answers that Mattel gives us sometimes to try and guilt us now.

You forgot I was the reason the dinosaurs went extinct.I seen the asteroid coming and didn't let them know :P

Considering the recent news that Warner Bros. has granted the Master Toy License for their upcoming Hobbit films to The Bridge Direct, I wonder if we're not the only ones losing faith in The Great and Powerful Matty.

The Bridge Direct?! Who the f**k is that?! Dreams of Hobbit figures being in scale/design close to my Toy Biz LOTR figures are dying.

Eh I am over MOTUC for the most part. Give me Skinor and a handful of others and I'll be set.

Stinkor is coming...cant wait. But yeah, then im probably done with MOTUC

Considering the recent news that Warner Bros. has granted the Master Toy License for their upcoming Hobbit films to The Bridge Direct, I wonder if we're not the only ones losing faith in The Great and Powerful Matty.

The Bridge Direct?! Who the f**k is that?!

That my friend is exactly what I'm saying. How badly must Warner Bros. be cheesed-off at Mattel to skip over them entirely and grant the MASTER toy license for a major motion picture franchise to some relative unknown.

The Bridge Direct...makers of...

• Zhu Zhu Pets

• Justin Bieber dolls

AWESOME!

Wow, so they're releasing a "new" Penguin in this subscription. Of course, the fans would rather have characters they already have.

what?? i dont believe this comes in the sub. i believe he comes in the legacy line. i dont want that horrible figure. i prefer the one in dcuc wave 1. did mattel said that this is a sub figure??

Wow, so they're releasing a "new" Penguin in this subscription. Of course, the fans would rather have characters they already have.

what?? i dont believe this comes in the sub. i believe he comes in the legacy line. i dont want that horrible figure. i prefer the one in dcuc wave 1. did mattel said that this is a sub figure??

That's right baby! It's a sub-figure! And as cool as it is @hmmm@, this po' dumb cherry picker's gonna have to take a pass. Bet the subbies out their wish they could.

no way. thats the lamest thing ever. so you get the sub because you think you get just new characters. obscure characters for that matter and they pop up with a nice and smiley penguin???? well forget the sub for 2013. whats next repainted batmans???

Oh come on guys, Penguin needed a new figure badly. I want a comic based Penguin for my suicide squad, an bang, here we go. Besides this finishes up my superpowers, the old kenner just looks odd on my shelf next to that crappy wave one. I dont mind resculpts of figures that need one, im looking at you scarecrow. Plus we get a Larfleeze, ive been looking foward to him. Now if they give us some new figures to finish out our teams all will be well. If they dont give me at least a Dawnstar or Elastic Girl I might just jump on the anti sub bandwagon, but so far so good to me.

The figure prototype looks good, but Im still not giving into the Neo-Third Reich known as Matty. Ive always wanted Matty to release a SP Penguin, SP Superman with a new head sculpt, and the costume with the correct colors (and not the funeral dark blues and reds). An SP Kalibak, and also a SP Supergirl with the 80's headband. The only way that I see myself buying any figures that are made by matty, is if the figures are being sold by some seller on ebay or at a flea market both at extremely low prices....ie $18 for Penguin on Matty collector, $5 for Penguin on ebay or at a flea market. But I still refuse to buy sht from Matty... At the moment, Matty can suck their "true fan support " out of my d*ck...

• Like 1

I dont think Penguin would sell very well at retail. Not many kids would think he is cool and unless you wanted to complete your Super Powers collection or just just wanted a Penguin. But for just wanting a penguin figure he doesnt really look that cool in his old school duds unless your into that kinda thing but in a modern collection hed look out of place. Now i did get a sub and Im not particularly happy with this Penguin inclusion in it but i knew the risks when i signed up for it and he is just one of them so he's worth it. Plus i know alot of people want him to complete their Super Powers collection so Im happy theyll get a new addition so he really doesnt bother me at all.Thats kinda what the sub is for.

Oh come on guys, Penguin needed a new figure badly...

Nobody is griping with that...it's more that this figure, which is a simple repaint and head retool, belongs in the Batman Legacy line.

More to the point, it dosen't belong in the Sub-Line. Especially since Matty made a big deal about how the sub would be free of the repaints/rereleases that plagued the retail line.

I'm with you, he doesn't belong anymore than Pison Ivy does, they should both be legacy figures. This makes me even happier I didn't get the sub.