Raising prices for Cherry Picker?

Bringbackmy80s

as i said before, $2 - 3 more on day of sales is fine by me.

Anyone else love that, along with all the natural hate generated by Mattel's mess of a subscription, that the branding of "cherry picker" generates more nerd elitism than toy collecting needs. First, its the "fans" must save dcuc. Then any "fan" opposed to the sub is a lesser, or whiner. And now there are some "fans" that want "cherry pickers" to pay even more because they had the "blind faith" in the sub to begin with and the "pickers" didnt.

• Like 3

So you're looking at going from $15 retail to around $30 online per figure after shipping. That should scare away enough resellers and cherry pickers. Next will be the dreamers when they realize they are getting the same old sculpts with a different head for twice what they used to be in the store. But hey you're only paying $28 per figure. Savvy!

• Like 2

I always had a feeling that the whole "we must save the DCUC" palaver, was just a way to get people to buy the sub... Matty probably always knew, that they were going to release the DCU monthly figures anyway(with or without the sub meeting the 100 mark)....but just wanted people to buy the sub for extra cash. But in my opinion its a devious move on matty's part, if they choose to raise the prices of figures....for those that were unable to buy the sub... Not to mention the fckin taxes and the shipping price, that Matty charges its costumers when placing an order...

I've been a loyal matty fan spending at least $150 per month, on their items for the past year... Raising the prices of action figures, Is a really good way to alienate and strong-arm some of the costumers, even further... But hey, worst comes to worst, I just wont buy anything...Matty is not going to muscle me... I agree with the people that said that a few dollars more per figure, is still less than being charged for figures that a "cherry picker" (I take that label as a compliment, if you know what I mean haha) wouldn't want... I also have a feeling that many figures will be in DCnU format, which is why they will be thrown in the sub. DC traditionalists will mostly likely pass, on most DCnU figures released...

• Like 3

Just for DC and you know what I am all for it. If they say it won't happen unless they do that, fine by me. I signed up! @loll@

Draven

Same here man. @joker@ And if Matty was going to do the sub regardless of sale outcome they wouldnt be making us wait a week so the could franticly try and figure out a different way of getting the figures to those of us who want them and contemplating taking suck actions like raising the prices for non subscribers.

Just for DC and you know what I am all for it. If they say it won't happen unless they do that, fine by me. I signed up! @loll@

Draven

Fine by me to! I didn't sign up so I don't have to pay for figures I don't want, so no matter what, I'm still paying less than you! @loll@

Seriously, I'm getting a little tired of getting gouged by Mattel, you can have all those sub figures you want. My blessing.

You beat me to it.

So you're looking at going from $15 retail to around $30 online per figure after shipping. That should scare away enough resellers and cherry pickers. Next will be the dreamers when they realize they are getting the same old sculpts with a different head for twice what they used to be in the store. But hey you're only paying $28 per figure. Savvy!

Seriously. One could argue that most DC characters require different body sizes, shapes, and costume textures. But with this new-head-on-a-buck style line, I cannot justify these prices.

And wasn't there talk of these not having CnC pieces?

Sure I can have them all because I buy the ALL, so I won't be saving money over you or anyone else who cherry picks because my figures will always be cheaper than yours if this goes through. Two can play the smarty pants game Mako ;)

Draven

They way i see it Mattys gonna be getting my money anyway. They havent let me down yet. Sure there not perfect but nothing ever is. So if Im going to be buying all there stuff anyway they may as well be sending it all to me and save me some trouble. Every toy line reaches a curtain point where its time has come and if its going to continue its gunna need some extra support. After all theyve done for me Im more than willing to do alittle for them.

Sure I can have them all because I buy the ALL, so I won't be saving money over you or anyone else who cherry picks because my figures will always be cheaper than yours if this goes through. Two can play the smarty pants game Mako ;)

Draven

Uh... congratulations?

Why thank you, I am happy to be able to keep getting my figures cheaper than cherry pickers! ;)

Draven

They way i see it Mattys gonna be getting my money anyway. They havent let me down yet. Sure there not perfect but nothing ever is. So if Im going to be buying all there stuff anyway they may as well be sending it all to me and save me some trouble.

You make a good argument for the sub here. If someone is going to buy every figure that they make, shipping costs and tax are probably about the same as gas money spent searching and local sales tax, and it's much more likely that you're guaranteed to get what you want unless it gets lost or damaged in the mail or something. I wish I had the same opinion that you do about never being let down by them, though.

Every toy line reaches a curtain point where its time has come and if its going to continue its gunna need some extra support.

Well... most toy lines never even *have* a chance to continue as direct to consumer items. Stuff like the Pirates of Dark Water, the old Swamp Thing cartoon toys... beautiful and/or neat stuff, but once it was discontinued, consumers just had to accept it, no matter if it was disappointing or not. So, in a way, something like Club infinite Earths is a commendable concept (even if it's not been executed in the best manner so far). But, I kind of look at it like, DC Superheroes became DC Universe Classics... now it's becoming something else. It's not my or any other consumer's responsibility to keep the toy line afloat if it's true that corporate decisions bigger than all of us are dictating the products' direction. It's just my choice to participate as a consumer. And, IMO, the collecting community does make things tough on themselves and fellow collectors with such petty, out of control behavior we've seen expressed lately. It probably does somehow play some part in how retailers view these products and the people consuming them, and whether or not they support them as enthusiastically.

After all theyve done for me Im more than willing to do alittle for them.

I have a difficult time relating to such a perspective. I mean, I appreciate the talent involved and the opportunity to purchase products, but I don't feel like either party has done anything for me personally. I sometimes am really thankful for favorite characters, especially if I think it all turned out well by the time they got from manufacturing to me, because I can only imagine how difficult it must be sometimes. And I know how you mean it. I sometimes agree to customize or create new figures for people and it does mean something special to me if someone expresses something like, "Hey, man, you did some incredible work on that, thank you." But I don't think they the company have done anything for me.

I'll pay $50 for a Captain Triumph figure.

Contact Mattel and express your interest in a Captain Triumph figure! You never know. If a concept like Club Infinite Earths happens, even the most obscure character is possible. Or, commission one of your fellow collectors who customize to create a DC Universe Captain Triumph figure for you! You may be able to find someone willing to do quality work for $50. Not me, but someone out there might lol. If you would be ok with a DC Universe Aquaman head on there, most of the work is already done XD.

i was a dedicated DCU buyer since the line started. but ive had enough of the crap that mattel pulls. im not paying for a damned sub....sorry. ill buy what i feel that i need, and they can keep the rest.

• Like 5

I am not supporting the hike in toy prices since it is insane that a toy that cost almost 20 bucks was 8 dollars 5 years ago. However, I do understand why the prices in toys increased over the past few years. Besides, I have been trying to stop toy collecting for years, and I think right now is a good time to stop.

I am not supporting the hike in toy prices since it is insane that a toy that cost almost 20 bucks was 8 dollars 5 years ago. However, I do understand why the prices in toys increased over the past few years. Besides, I have been trying to stop toy collecting for years, and I think right now is a good time to stop.

I hear ya. If I can nab Jay Garrick, Poison Ivy, and a few other Batman/Superman Rogues that might be in the future, Im done with DC and probably Mattel.

i was a dedicated DCU buyer since the line started. but ive had enough of the crap that mattel pulls. im not paying for a damned sub....sorry. ill buy what i feel that i need, and they can keep the rest.

Exellent point! You'd think we had some kinda reward coming. We stuck with the line through crappy distribution, crappier QC, "WTF-level" character choices, and even this sub BS. Matty, don't punish us for not blindly falling in with your ill-concieved sub-program, you should be kissing our ----- for sticking it out! #US1#

Lol. The reward went from being BAF pieces included with figures to the opportunity to buy the figures themselves at inflated prices.

I'll tell ya anymore I would rather purchase a dc direct figure for 18 dollars that looks great and has an awesome paint app than pay 16 for a dcuc that has a crappy paint app. Mattel's raising prices is a croc. Granted I know prices in gas has going up, but I strongly think its just a con for Mattel to use to charge more.

The idea of the sub isn't bad

Selling figure through Matty isn't bad

Forcing people into the sub is BAD

Higher prices is VERY BAD

Oh well, if people are really angry about these issues, make sure to let them know. United voices can speak louder than 1 person individually.

Well, I hope Mattel is happy for creating a Marvel Civil War atmosphere among DCUC collectors smh.

Haha its funny that you use that analogy, cause I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. Those costumers for the price increase/sub would be the superheroes for the Superhuman Registration Act. And those of us who didn't get the sub and are against the price increase, are the superheroes against the Superhuman Registration Act.

• Like 1