30th anny figs found at walmart

xhairs

Pegs full of the these figs in a WM near me. I only got Stalker, gave him Recondo's sniper riffle. Skipped the other figs. Hazard looks cool but some reason I can't get myself to buy him, guess because I don't like bulky figs to much. I hope in a next wave they re-release Jungle BAT.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a difference in the Steel Brigade in this wave from the one in the previous wave?

I'm probably the reason WalMart keeps ordering and restocking them @smilepunch@

June & July my Walmart was selling the Joes for $3.00 dollars each. I was able to get two Vipers, two Jungle BAT's, Jungle Duke & Big back rocket shooter Duke, artic Temple Snakes, and City Strike Beachhead. Me and some other dude bought (never saw him) cleared the pegs. And every two weeks they restocked them. They would put them up Sunday night, Monday morning I picked the ones I wanted. The remainder stayed till Wed. Thursday all were sold.

Best two months of Gi Joe hunting I ever had. Oh and this last wave I got Stalker for $5.99, casheir asked how much it was, I told her arounf six bucks.

Best two months of Gi Joe hunting I ever had. Oh and this last wave I got Stalker for $5.99, casheir asked how much it was, I told her arounf six bucks.

hahaw when that happens to me, there's that moment they look me up & down, then they call all the managers and call the white house, congress, the office of Homeland Security to verify the true price and just where I found the product in question. Its okay I've been a cinnamon skinned slice of big and delicious my whole life, sooo I scare normal folks sometimes, like Lenny from Mice and Men but with a year round tan that I just can't get rid of......they're just doin their job (to verify) I understand, buttt I did get lucky once on a MasterPiece TF Optimus Prime, I wuz wondering & wandering around a Wally world aisle at 4 am (couldn't sleep clown would've eaten me) and I found him nestled deep inside the clearance section, I did the atomic happy dance or a close rendition of it. I didn't care too much what it would've cost I figured clearance maybeee 50 bones. There was a nice lil ole lady at the reg, she couldn't find the bar code on it soooo she said "damn things are usually what? about 20 dollars sound good to you?".....time slowed down, there was a moment of silence before I screamed like a lil girl at an Elvis concert inside my head, I nearly passed out amongst other personal things....and I walked out to the car with my MP OP like I just won Publisher's clearing house.......after that I made yearly sacrifices to the ToY GoDs, which means I give away some of my collection to the kids of my less fortunate friends or any kids in need of toyz on Xmas, every year afterward @merryxmas@

since the 30th joes are re-released crap. i'm taking this time to load up on vipers and troopers.i did buy the cobra vtol but i'm not impressed you think hasbro would've done or made a huge deal about it being 30 years oh well here's hope we get some decent movie toys.

Yeah I agree its kinda sad, the 30th stuff is very lackluster. I wish it was all stuff like Sci Fi, characters we still need. And figs like v1 Duke that are really dated now and could use an update over the 25th style.

Draven

I missed out on the last waves of POC soo no Gen Hawk (just yet) & the rest soooo the first waves of the 30th stuff is catch up for me. Come to think of it I only saw 2 SteelB's in the wild & just scant trickles of the last waves here and there(never even spotted a Viper or Cobra Reg). Crazy Legs was my white whale (no racial pun intended) which I had to search for hi/low for, just like the Beast of the 80s DVD pack man that one gave me gray hairs up top & below. The last few months of drought when nothing was coming out was rough(almost started a support group Reg Joes W/out Joes), and prior to that before the 25th line started I just wondered if my 80s childhood would ever be re-imagined or enjoyed by the current generation & that was back in 2003, haha its cheezetastic but I did have a dream (not unlike MLK) that one day most children hand in hand would be able to land sky strikers in a empty lot dirt airstrip with plenty of Cobra (jeez I should work for "hasbro", Crom knows I've put their baby's thru college these last 4 years) armies to disable but never kill (as Cobra's forces have all the 9 lives of any tomcat). Sooo I have passed on quite a bit of product that has come and gone but lives on thru old online reviews, dios & ebay, buttttt I'm just glad the big H decided to cash in our nostalgic lament for better days when we chased each other around the yard making lazer noises screaming "I got you/no you dint" & using our imaginations to turn abandoned dirt piles into secret bases. I put away my current collection so often to keep the sunlight off my sacred plastic but forget to dig it up every now and then to remind me of what I have in the stockpile just in case Cobra decides to rear its snakey head, & if my nieces Barbies get to high and mighty, SE & SS can take em down a peg or two......I have seen whats coming down the line Sci Fi, Airtight, Kwinn, Lifeline, the Renegades stuff (some of it looks kewl but damn I haven't even bought any of the Resolute swag that came out last year) plus other army builders & its a far cry better (just in my opin) from what was coming out prior to the 25th. I feel yes they've dropped the ball on a few things (cough cough Sargent Slaughter/Zarrana wider release cough) but on most of its touchdowns, the super bowl being a new Flagg or Terrordrome haha we wish......but so far I feel buying reissues in the long run was much cheaper than buying vintage on Ebay. So I know eventually........a dark day will come, & they won't be able to keep the Joe train running sooo there will be a real drought and the Toy section will no longer be my friend again (well maybe an distant friend who doesn't call or write but when your in town, we know were the party is) so I just have to thank the ToY GoDs for what I have now and mayyybee tomorrow........enjoy the party now yada yada tomorrow maybe another joeless hangover#party#

Yeah I agree its kinda sad, the 30th stuff is very lackluster. I wish it was all stuff like Sci Fi, characters we still need. And figs like v1 Duke that are really dated now and could use an update over the 25th style.

Draven

im so with you on that man. some of the 25th figs need to be updated like Life line and sci fi.

In my neck of the woods...the story remains the same! There ain't jack sh@# to be found anywhere. Between price, p!ss poor distribution in my area, scalpers, too many other collectors, price (yes, I mentioned that twice because it bites twice as hard as the other issues, whether at brick and mortar or online shops, it's all eBay prices these days) I've just about thrown in the towel on G.I.BLOW! ;)

I use to collect fireflies as a kid, they're free...maybe that's a good hobby to start up again and if any scalpers try to get to'em before I do, I can shoot'em for trespassing! @firedevil@

In my neck of the woods...the story remains the same! There ain't jack sh@# to be found anywhere. Between price, p!ss poor distribution in my area, scalpers, too many other collectors, price (yes, I mentioned that twice because it bites twice as hard as the other issues, whether at brick and mortar or online shops, it's all eBay prices these days) I've just about thrown in the towel on G.I.BLOW! ;)

I use to collect fireflies as a kid, they're free...maybe that's a good hobby to start up again and if any scalpers try to get to'em before I do, I can shoot'em for trespassing! @firedevil@

You know I was talking with my buddy the other day about how bizarre the world of toy collecting is.......toy runs, shotty distribution, ebay, exclusives, etc. It's a mess and pretty stressful sometimes.....which it shouldn't be its a hobby and should help you relieve stress in a way.

But yeah, one Wal-mart within 50 miles of me has Joes on the pegs......and I didn't even see them it was my friend who told me he saw them finally out. I just ordered them from BBTS.....haven't ordered anything from them since the "Spytroops" era. Its just easier.....yeah I had to pay 10 bucks shipping.....but with gas the way it is now I was more than happy to pay the extra 10 bucks. Even if the figures are a dollar more a piece its still cheaper than wasting a day driving to 4-5 Wal-Marts only to see a ton of TF's/Thor's/Iron Men 2's/GL's/Pirates figures (which clog the pegs EVERYWHERE!) clogging up the aisle's.

Plus forget TRU.....that place is like playing the lottery every time I run in there. I really though HTS was going to cure all this when it first came about......but that place is as dry as a desert.....they still have ROC stuff in stock. AWFUL!!!

i agree with the person who said it's easier nowadays to order from bbts. that's what i do but when me and my wife go grocery shopping i still look and if i find any i'll pick up some spars to open,trade ,or give to my kids thety always #@$#@ when daddy gets new toys still don't understand the concept of earning some and always spend their allowence on other things sorry a little ranting.