Green Lantern on Blu-Ray and DVD.....

Wheeljack35

I LOVE how you put Cap among Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, and put your beloved Green Lantern with Queen. I understand you trying to make a point with FACTS, but those facts become harder to see when you muddle it with your overbearing opinions. I find it annoying that this came up AGAIN with you and the other users. If you soooo well know that there is no point to arguing with them to justify your opinion on Cap being a steaming pile of #$## and Green Lantern being the embodiment of the 2nd coming, then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all about it. In MY opinion, Green Lantern was one of the worst films I've seen in my @##@@ life. One of the most poorly written, poorly acted, poorly executed comic films of recent years. I left bitter and full of anger at the 10 bucks I could've had in my pocket. The film's score was forgettable, the dialogue was just plain awful, like a child's interpretation of adults and adult problems, and the effects suffered due to the actor's performances. The worst part about this "film" was that it was a big @##@@ commercial. Why didn't he bust out a catcher's glove to stop the helicopter? Because Mattel owns the rights for Hot Wheels and they can create boxset Green Lantern speedway based off the film, which they did. Characters were on screen just long enough to be recognizable in order to make action figures, nothing REALLY wrong with that one, most comic movies take that route. My point is that every single plotline, idea, character, and spoken word is hollow because it shamelessly takes the GL property for the SOLE reason of capitalizing on it, rushing out EVERYTHING. Nothing else. The filmmakers were seeing green alright, and Hal hadn't even shown up yet. Green Lantern is a wonderful character that deserved so much more. In the end they just squatted down and lay a thick coil of mediocrity on his face. I'm literally jumping in joy at it's bomb at the box office, they deserve it.

Oh yes...

FATALITY

You sound insane. You blased me and then went and did the exact same thing..........................lunacy really but ok let's play.

CAP was awful, we will start there and now to GL. GL was one of the best movies of the year, nothing about the dialogue was bad, I don't know what you were expecting, its friggin GL. Sorry you needed something deeper and was looking for an emotional impact. Next time go watch some chick flick where your precious deep seated dialogue can be explored, emotionalized and deepen to the heartwrenching levels you need because apparently a simple action movie with normal action dialogue isn't good enough. I guess the inane dialogue from CAP was better right..........yup, nothing in that movie had roots, even the motivation for CAP was razor thin, GL had more motivation and it was explored more than the stupid CAP movie, I want to be a hero because I just want to be a hero.......stuipid. Ok the score was forgettable.....ok so what. It wasn't great but when was the last action movie score groundbreaking. Tron had a great score but nothing since the 1988 Batman movie was worthy of a heroic soundtrack to these movies. What loon complains that he GL made a speedway track instead of a glove..........dude if this bothers you, you should just go hang yourself now.

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

You are beaten, it is useless to resist, don't let yourself be destroyed as all the CAP defenders did.

Nope, you're wrong. You missed the point of my post altogether and just nitpicked it. You just keep sputtering up the same crap whenever someone disagrees with you. GL did not have action movie dialogue, Die Hard had action movie dialogue. Witty and full of life. GL had dialogue a person without ANY social experience would've wrote. Stiff and lifeless. I don't need to see a chick flick [what a juvenile example] to get good dialogue and emotion, just a GOOD movie. The speedway was just an example to justify my argument on the film being a mindless commercial, it was not meant to be singled out as an independent idea. I guess you don't know the fundamentals of arguing, do you? "Ok the score was forgettable.... so what?" You outright dismiss this fact by bringing up other films that had better scores, and that comic films haven't had good scores since Batman. OH! So that makes it okay to have a shitty soundtrack! What an idiotic way to make a hollow point. Your inability to relate to any of the human elements in Cap's character as well as detect any solid positives shows you have no idea what a good movie is. Who cares if you "understand" it, if you don't BELIEVE it. Stories of Superhumans should have emotional impact you empty-brained child, they're stories of people reaching immeasurable heights through will and determination. How can they NOT have any impact. " I'm a hero because I just want to be a hero..." Obviously you must've had a pretty easy life in comfort, because you've never aspired to be anything more than you are now. People struggle with themselves, it's one of the most natural human responses one can feel, but I guess it's razor thin because you can't relate to it. Seriously, you're incapable of overcoming you're predisposition towards the character to see the movie for what it is. To be completely honest, I feel sympathy for you. You're blinded by bias and bitterness, unable to identify with the most elementary of emotional ideas portrayed in film, forever doomed to have outright irrational and questionable views the rest of your life. Which is where I will draw my post to general consensus based on what I've learned about you. I now know why you enjoy the GL movie so much. It's childish, flashy, crafted by people who have little to no idea how human beings interact, and just downright moronic. In essence, it's the perfect film for YOU to relate to! It's SO you! With all that being said, I'm just gonna finish this by doing just as you said, hanging myself. Because I'd rather hang myself then continue to hopelessly argue with a giant man-baby. No doubt you will respond to this, but I will not. There is NO point. Here it goes...

HARA-KIRI!

I LOVE how you put Cap among Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, and put your beloved Green Lantern with Queen. I understand you trying to make a point with FACTS, but those facts become harder to see when you muddle it with your overbearing opinions. I find it annoying that this came up AGAIN with you and the other users. If you soooo well know that there is no point to arguing with them to justify your opinion on Cap being a steaming pile of #$## and Green Lantern being the embodiment of the 2nd coming, then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all about it. In MY opinion, Green Lantern was one of the worst films I've seen in my @##@@ life. One of the most poorly written, poorly acted, poorly executed comic films of recent years. I left bitter and full of anger at the 10 bucks I could've had in my pocket. The film's score was forgettable, the dialogue was just plain awful, like a child's interpretation of adults and adult problems, and the effects suffered due to the actor's performances. The worst part about this "film" was that it was a big @##@@ commercial. Why didn't he bust out a catcher's glove to stop the helicopter? Because Mattel owns the rights for Hot Wheels and they can create boxset Green Lantern speedway based off the film, which they did. Characters were on screen just long enough to be recognizable in order to make action figures, nothing REALLY wrong with that one, most comic movies take that route. My point is that every single plotline, idea, character, and spoken word is hollow because it shamelessly takes the GL property for the SOLE reason of capitalizing on it, rushing out EVERYTHING. Nothing else. The filmmakers were seeing green alright, and Hal hadn't even shown up yet. Green Lantern is a wonderful character that deserved so much more. In the end they just squatted down and lay a thick coil of mediocrity on his face. I'm literally jumping in joy at it's bomb at the box office, they deserve it.

Oh yes...

FATALITY

You sound insane. You blased me and then went and did the exact same thing..........................lunacy really but ok let's play.

CAP was awful, we will start there and now to GL. GL was one of the best movies of the year, nothing about the dialogue was bad, I don't know what you were expecting, its friggin GL. Sorry you needed something deeper and was looking for an emotional impact. Next time go watch some chick flick where your precious deep seated dialogue can be explored, emotionalized and deepen to the heartwrenching levels you need because apparently a simple action movie with normal action dialogue isn't good enough. I guess the inane dialogue from CAP was better right..........yup, nothing in that movie had roots, even the motivation for CAP was razor thin, GL had more motivation and it was explored more than the stupid CAP movie, I want to be a hero because I just want to be a hero.......stuipid. Ok the score was forgettable.....ok so what. It wasn't great but when was the last action movie score groundbreaking. Tron had a great score but nothing since the 1988 Batman movie was worthy of a heroic soundtrack to these movies. What loon complains that he GL made a speedway track instead of a glove..........dude if this bothers you, you should just go hang yourself now.

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

You are beaten, it is useless to resist, don't let yourself be destroyed as all the CAP defenders did.

Nope, you're wrong. You missed the point of my post altogether and just nitpicked it. You just keep sputtering up the same crap whenever someone disagrees with you. GL did not have action movie dialogue, Die Hard had action movie dialogue. Witty and full of life. GL had dialogue a person without ANY social experience would've wrote. Stiff and lifeless. I don't need to see a chick flick [what a juvenile example] to get good dialogue and emotion, just a GOOD movie. The speedway was just an example to justify my argument on the film being a mindless commercial, it was not meant to be singled out as an independent idea. I guess you don't know the fundamentals of arguing, do you? "Ok the score was forgettable.... so what?" You outright dismiss this fact by bringing up other films that had better scores, and that comic films haven't had good scores since Batman. OH! So that makes it okay to have a shitty soundtrack! What an idiotic way to make a hollow point. Your inability to relate to any of the human elements in Cap's character as well as detect any solid positives shows you have no idea what a good movie is. Who cares if you "understand" it, if you don't BELIEVE it. Stories of Superhumans should have emotional impact you empty-brained child, they're stories of people reaching immeasurable heights through will and determination. How can they NOT have any impact. " I'm a hero because I just want to be a hero..." Obviously you must've had a pretty easy life in comfort, because you've never aspired to be anything more than you are now. People struggle with themselves, it's one of the most natural human responses one can feel, but I guess it's razor thin because you can't relate to it. Seriously, you're incapable of overcoming you're predisposition towards the character to see the movie for what it is. To be completely honest, I feel sympathy for you. You're blinded by bias and bitterness, unable to identify with the most elementary of emotional ideas portrayed in film, forever doomed to have outright irrational and questionable views the rest of your life. Which is where I will draw my post to general consensus based on what I've learned about you. I now know why you enjoy the GL movie so much. It's childish, flashy, crafted by people who have little to no idea how human beings interact, and just downright moronic. In essence, it's the perfect film for YOU to relate to! It's SO you! With all that being said, I'm just gonna finish this by doing just as you said, hanging myself. Because I'd rather hang myself then continue to hopelessly argue with a giant man-baby. No doubt you will respond to this, but I will not. There is NO point. Here it goes...

HARA-KIRI!

Here I come to save the day, thank goodness SP is on the way so let the trumpet players play...........

You claim the GL didn't have good action dialogue, explain, what just exactly did it lack, what should of he of done. Oh yeah the old tired true form of the last one liner before blowing away the enemy.......stupid. If you want old and tired stupid cliche' dialogue then I guess a movie like GL wasn't for you. Again, you are complaining about the stupid speedway and another example of your idiotic form.........it's GL, anything they make they can market, he can make anything with the ring. Seriously what would anyone expect from a GL movie. I don't even know how you can justify complaining that he made a speedway......if he had made the glove I am sure you would have the reverse response, "aww man he made a stupid glove, what is this the old 1950's GL, couldn't they of been more creative".......actually that was a great tie-in to the scene before and showcased his sub conscious motivation. Regarding movie scores, none of them have been that good, sure GL didn't have a great score, I really didn't care about that as long as what played wasn't a distraction. Now back to CAP, don't try to pretend that CAP was anything more than a hollow point, he was a swallow character without any definition of motivation, if you have any proof otherwise state it.......you can't and won't, with GL you can plain and simple which is why GL was the better movie! Here you say that superhero movies should have emotional impact, of course they should I never said otherwise but then again you deep seeded psychosis is boiling to the surface. What you stated you wanted GL didn't have or at least not to the insane levels you were looking for.

For the remainder of your post you generally talked flash and nonsense. I will simplify for you, explain to me how GL had no emotional impact and then explain to me how Cap did? I have seen both movies and I already know the answers, I am just waiting for your brain-addled responses because I like your disturbed responses, watching people suffer from a host of mental deficientcies can be amusing, thank you very much for tonights entertainment.

I win again, damn I am good at this!!!!!

I don't think he gets it guys. I'm done arguing with him, I plainly said in that post I was finished because it's pointless but he's too stupid to see that. Anyway, does anyone know if Green Lantern will include some sort of director's cut or additional scenes? A friend of mine brought that up and we agreed the film felt incomplete, like it was rushed out the door. Is it possible that they left a lot out and we'll be seeing a more solid version of the movie on DVD? I loved when Spider-man 2.1 came out, that was brilliant!

Look at you, again complaining about me while doing the same......if you don't like the movie as you claim why are you here? Now begging for insight to the movie and a possible directors cut.....if the movie was such trash and as bad you claim it to be why do you care or come back..........loser. Then you claim you won't respond and you do, like a foolish creature of habit you amuse me, dance little monkey dance for me........hahahahahaha

World Grand CHAMPION!!!!!

He-Ro does not pour his milk first.

He-Ro knows exactly how much milk is needed in his bowl BEFORE he pours in the cereal. It's on the back of the damn MOTU box, you fool. Oh, and I noticed it says in REALLY tiny letters on the pictured Green Lantern box that there is an extended edition. So I answered my own question there.

cRqJRnvTuAU.jpg

tsk...tsk......I didn't like Green Lantern at all, but I want to watch the special edition and get the extended version.......tsk.....tsk........even though 95 percent of the movie is the same I still will purchase the new version.....all so I can complain some more......tsk, tsk!!!!

Any news on what those extended scenes might be? I really liked the film, but recognize it was far from a great film. Some new scenes would be appreciated. Especially if they feature OA or the corps some more. If they're just twenty more scenes of Hal talking about how afraid he is to Carol I'll understand there initial exclusion.

Any news on what those extended scenes might be? I really liked the film, but recognize it was far from a great film. Some new scenes would be appreciated. Especially if they feature OA or the corps some more. If they're just twenty more scenes of Hal talking about how afraid he is to Carol I'll understand there initial exclusion.

Don't know. To be honest, I mentioned it on behalf of a friend, not for myself.

I am the champion.................and GL rocks!!! Can't wait for the DVD, just love when he makes the fist to punch out Parallax at the end.

Did someone say Champ? I would comment on the GL movie but I've been waiting for a decent english vers bootleg.

The CHAMP HAS SPOKEN!

Best comic movie of the year

Oof! This does not speak well for this year!

No, no, you mean saying Cap or Dark side of the moon does not speak will for this year. XMen, Green Lantern and Thor does though

Also, is Flounderr and Masterjailer the same person, one used to call themselves the champ and now so does the other...........hmmmmmm

You're all wrong. You should be using Street Fighter quotes, not Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter will always be the superior franchise.

I loved Cap and GL!

TIGER UPPERCUT!

For loving Cap -- Yoga Flame

For loving GL -- Friendship

For using Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter phrases -- I see what you did there

Sorry, but me an the Cap'n make it happen. Suddenly a craving for Crunch Berries has come over me.

• 2 months later...

Anyhow, this movie was good, but it was choppy!!! It kept leaping around when it didn't need to!!! I didn't like the human villain at all!!

I did like Bassett as Waller!! But unfortunately since WB isn't intent on creating a single movie universe, we may not see her again as Waller in another movie!!

Parallax was not bad!! At least there was a character anchor instead of just some mystic voiceless entity, like Galactus!!

Oh, and Sinestro was portrayed very well, except the last scene!! If they make a sequel, I hope he's still a good guy at the beginning!!!

One thing I noticed after watching this movie again last week: In the scene where Sinestro is pleading with the Guardians to take an elite team to attack Parallax, the scene mirrors one of the shots of him talking. There is a scar seen on one side of his face, and then the next shot of him shows it on the other. Just seemed like a weird error to do.