Green Lantern on Blu-Ray and DVD.....

Wheeljack35

"deliver" as in "free"? I can't imagine anyone paying to own it...

Ughhh -- It was better than Thor and Captain America

Best comic movie of the year

Can't wait for it.

In what alternate reality?

Care to explain to me how Captain America was good? Or how Green Lantern was not better than Thor?

Better character development (both Thor and Cap), better villains (parallax was almost as bad as Galactus in ff) and although I really liked sinestro he was not the villain, better fitting to the role leading men and great supporting cast (Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and Tommy lee jones anyone) If that is not enough, the general reception says otherwise (GL almost tanked, even if it irks you and think it is unfair cap and or thor fared better), and while I actually think GL was entertaining, I definitely would not call it best comic movie of the year.

Wrong! Thor had as much character development as what?......he had a weak romance that wasn't really a romance and now he has changed from all his years. No real depth whatsoever, don't ge me wrong I like the movie but the middle was boring. He really had no motivation for such a dramatic change. Cap was a wooden and forced movie, hardly good in any sense whatsoever. It was boring and won't stand the test of time. XMen had more character depth than Thor and Cap combined. Most fanboys have taken their cues just like the general public in trashing GL because he wasn't humbled like all the rest. At the very least Thor was a contender for being better than GL but Cap was the worst, silly, stupid, wooden and boring.

Again most of you are just following the popular census.............weak motivations create weak arguments.

I'm not following popular concensus, and don't think the rest of the guys here are either. I saw these movies too, and am only expressing my opinion, so they are not weak arguments, yours don't sound any better (cap was silly, stupid, wooden !?) that sounds more like angry fanboy talk. In any case, I'd give the comic movie of the year title to X-men first class even with all its flaws.

More malarkey -

Thor was Thor, he made a huge blunderous mistake and was sent to be humbled. Don't mind the situation at all but the romance as a way to learn was forced and didn't hold up, his redemption was too fast and then he saves the world. It overall story arc wasn't bad at all, but it was so fast that it was hollow.

Green Lantern, Hal stuck in a clusterfook of a situation, watching his dad die made him careless and reckless. He has great potential one that the ring can see and through a series of events comes to no longer being afraid or at least facing his situation. He has a real talk about that situation directly and takes some time to build from that. Great movie, period.

Captain America, scrawny kid wants to be a hero, no motivation other than war time propaganda then bam he becomes one, nothing else and nothing more to the story. Bar none!!! Oh wait, yeah he is willing to jump on a bomb to save others and he got a flag from a pole....yup, hero material right there, enough to make for a good movie....yup......uh, no, no it isn't.

Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory !! Hahahahaha, man, you are starting to sound like a 12 year old. You might as well have ended that with Owned!

You didn't even acknowledge the fact I gave the title to x-men, which had a great story (much better than GL), motivation for the main characters (charles and erik) not to mention great chemistry between them, and great action (erik was bad a$$) regardless of the fact the rest of the "first" class (they could have been removed and the movie would still have been great). You also neglected the fact I said Gl was entertaining (but could have been better, mainly the bad guys)so it was not even a competition to prove who was right (hence my laughter at your flawless victory comment). Anyway, as yojoebro put it, it appears that to you anyone who has a bad or not great opinion of the GL movie is Wrong! as you put it earlier (by the way, Lex wants his line back)so seeing as this will go nowhere I'll just say try not to be so childish in your responses, maybe people will take you more seriously.

PS. No matter how enamored of it you are or how much you try to prove people the error of their ways regarding the GL movie, the fact it pretty much tanked at the box office will remain.

I have given Xmen much praise but after a recent conversation with my cousins Xmen is a little down on the list for me and here is why. As a movie it is still better than them all, the only flaw which is a major flaw was the character choices, they were all sooooo loopy and insane that it does knock the movie down a little bit.

My flawless victory comment will stand because it amuses me, and you responded exactly how I expected you too. I don't go around doing that in every convo but I already know how this thread will be.......no one will change their minds but continue to defend their position, so why not have some fun. If you honestly believed it was meant to be serious then the jokes on you.

Trust me, there is no escaping that GL was a total bomb at the box office, that is the ultimate reality.......BUT, not every success is warranted (Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Captain Ameria 2011 movie) and not every failure is deserving (Queen's 1982 album Hot Space, Green Lantern)

You win -- PERFECT

Wow why is it hard to except that people can actually like a movie?

I do get he likes it, a little too much, which is fine by itself, what baffles me is the fact that he can't accept the fact that a lot of people didn't like it that much or like cap a lot more (claiming everyone is just repeating what critics said), that and his obvious discontent with the fact it didn't do to good in the box office and how he bashes cap for doing better, that and his childish answers/reactions to people's comments (flawless victory was just hilarious)

Why do I have to accept your love for that crap movie Captain America????.........I like what I like and you like what you like. I don't mind defending my reasons why for all these movies because even though they boil down to what we like personally there is always some validity in cases like this.

You haven't even defended CA, you know in your heart it was extremely weak and boring. You know Cap has the least amount of motivation and story than all the other movies. Hell I loved Rise of the Apes better than all the comic movies and that won't sell as many tickets as Thor and CA..........does that automatically make Thor and Cap better, hell no......Rise of the Apes was a better movie than the both of them all the way around, better than Xmen even but it won't gross as much money. That is fine. Look at all the people who made TF3 a success and it was the worst offender of the year, utter trash and it did better than all on the list so there you go, the worst movie made the most and the best one (outside of ROTA) made the least...........

Ha ha ha you guys make me laugh. No one's gonna change Superpowers mind about CA and Thor so don't try. He did like Xmen First Class which suprised me alot but he hates CA and Thor.

I haven't seen GL yet but I am looking forward to seeing it and forming my own opinion since I've read so many mixed opinions on the movie but I'm not as critical as most of you guys so I'll probably enjoy GL's first theatrical outing.

Ha ha ha you guys make me laugh. No one's gonna change Superpowers mind about CA and Thor so don't try. He did like Xmen First Class which suprised me alot but he hates CA and Thor.

I haven't seen GL yet but I am looking forward to seeing it and forming my own opinion since I've read so many mixed opinions on the movie but I'm not as critical as most of you guys so I'll probably enjoy GL's first theatrical outing.

Foul ball....................typical Marvel fan!!!!

I liked Thor, I especially liked Loki too even though many fanboys did not. Thor was good but the middle part of the movie was boring. The beginning and the end were the best parts unlike GL which was good all the way through. Captain America I did not like, while it grossed a lot more money than I expected it still lived up to the idea that CA is so boring no movie about him could or would be entertaining.

Ok Superpowers I stand corrected about your likes a dislikes. ha ha I like your rants about movies and what not, I find them amusing. You're one tough cookie.

Ok Superpowers I stand corrected about your likes a dislikes. ha ha I like your rants about movies and what not, I find them amusing. You're one tough cookie.

I tell, anything I am into I am deeply into them and will defend them especially if I feel they get a bum rap....DC Comics, Superman, Michael Jackson, Arrested Development, The Office...etc. I honestly thought GL was a great movie and can't understand the critical backlash from critics and fans. I really think they did the best they could do with an origin story of GL, it was entertaining and was paced good. In truth it may of been the most action packed superhero movie this year..........CA falls short because you can only factor in this time as a superhero which was brief in the movie, late middle and end.

"deliver" as in "free"? I can't imagine anyone paying to own it...

Ughhh -- It was better than Thor and Captain America

Best comic movie of the year

Can't wait for it.

In what alternate reality?

Care to explain to me how Captain America was good? Or how Green Lantern was not better than Thor?

Better character development (both Thor and Cap), better villains (parallax was almost as bad as Galactus in ff) and although I really liked sinestro he was not the villain, better fitting to the role leading men and great supporting cast (Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and Tommy lee jones anyone) If that is not enough, the general reception says otherwise (GL almost tanked, even if it irks you and think it is unfair cap and or thor fared better), and while I actually think GL was entertaining, I definitely would not call it best comic movie of the year.

Wrong! Thor had as much character development as what?......he had a weak romance that wasn't really a romance and now he has changed from all his years. No real depth whatsoever, don't ge me wrong I like the movie but the middle was boring. He really had no motivation for such a dramatic change. Cap was a wooden and forced movie, hardly good in any sense whatsoever. It was boring and won't stand the test of time. XMen had more character depth than Thor and Cap combined. Most fanboys have taken their cues just like the general public in trashing GL because he wasn't humbled like all the rest. At the very least Thor was a contender for being better than GL but Cap was the worst, silly, stupid, wooden and boring.

Again most of you are just following the popular census.............weak motivations create weak arguments.

I'm not following popular concensus, and don't think the rest of the guys here are either. I saw these movies too, and am only expressing my opinion, so they are not weak arguments, yours don't sound any better (cap was silly, stupid, wooden !?) that sounds more like angry fanboy talk. In any case, I'd give the comic movie of the year title to X-men first class even with all its flaws.

More malarkey -

Thor was Thor, he made a huge blunderous mistake and was sent to be humbled. Don't mind the situation at all but the romance as a way to learn was forced and didn't hold up, his redemption was too fast and then he saves the world. It overall story arc wasn't bad at all, but it was so fast that it was hollow.

Green Lantern, Hal stuck in a clusterfook of a situation, watching his dad die made him careless and reckless. He has great potential one that the ring can see and through a series of events comes to no longer being afraid or at least facing his situation. He has a real talk about that situation directly and takes some time to build from that. Great movie, period.

Captain America, scrawny kid wants to be a hero, no motivation other than war time propaganda then bam he becomes one, nothing else and nothing more to the story. Bar none!!! Oh wait, yeah he is willing to jump on a bomb to save others and he got a flag from a pole....yup, hero material right there, enough to make for a good movie....yup......uh, no, no it isn't.

Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory !! Hahahahaha, man, you are starting to sound like a 12 year old. You might as well have ended that with Owned!

You didn't even acknowledge the fact I gave the title to x-men, which had a great story (much better than GL), motivation for the main characters (charles and erik) not to mention great chemistry between them, and great action (erik was bad a$$) regardless of the fact the rest of the "first" class (they could have been removed and the movie would still have been great). You also neglected the fact I said Gl was entertaining (but could have been better, mainly the bad guys)so it was not even a competition to prove who was right (hence my laughter at your flawless victory comment). Anyway, as yojoebro put it, it appears that to you anyone who has a bad or not great opinion of the GL movie is Wrong! as you put it earlier (by the way, Lex wants his line back)so seeing as this will go nowhere I'll just say try not to be so childish in your responses, maybe people will take you more seriously.

PS. No matter how enamored of it you are or how much you try to prove people the error of their ways regarding the GL movie, the fact it pretty much tanked at the box office will remain.

I have given Xmen much praise but after a recent conversation with my cousins Xmen is a little down on the list for me and here is why. As a movie it is still better than them all, the only flaw which is a major flaw was the character choices, they were all sooooo loopy and insane that it does knock the movie down a little bit.

My flawless victory comment will stand because it amuses me, and you responded exactly how I expected you too. I don't go around doing that in every convo but I already know how this thread will be.......no one will change their minds but continue to defend their position, so why not have some fun. If you honestly believed it was meant to be serious then the jokes on you.

Trust me, there is no escaping that GL was a total bomb at the box office, that is the ultimate reality.......BUT, not every success is warranted (Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Captain Ameria 2011 movie) and not every failure is deserving (Queen's 1982 album Hot Space, Green Lantern)

You win -- PERFECT

I LOVE how you put Cap among Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, and put your beloved Green Lantern with Queen. I understand you trying to make a point with FACTS, but those facts become harder to see when you muddle it with your overbearing opinions. I find it annoying that this came up AGAIN with you and the other users. If you soooo well know that there is no point to arguing with them to justify your opinion on Cap being a steaming pile of #$## and Green Lantern being the embodiment of the 2nd coming, then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all about it. In MY opinion, Green Lantern was one of the worst films I've seen in my @##@@ life. One of the most poorly written, poorly acted, poorly executed comic films of recent years. I left bitter and full of anger at the 10 bucks I could've had in my pocket. The film's score was forgettable, the dialogue was just plain awful, like a child's interpretation of adults and adult problems, and the effects suffered due to the actor's performances. The worst part about this "film" was that it was a big @##@@ commercial. Why didn't he bust out a catcher's glove to stop the helicopter? Because Mattel owns the rights for Hot Wheels and they can create boxset Green Lantern speedway based off the film, which they did. Characters were on screen just long enough to be recognizable in order to make action figures, nothing REALLY wrong with that one, most comic movies take that route. My point is that every single plotline, idea, character, and spoken word is hollow because it shamelessly takes the GL property for the SOLE reason of capitalizing on it, rushing out EVERYTHING. Nothing else. The filmmakers were seeing green alright, and Hal hadn't even shown up yet. Green Lantern is a wonderful character that deserved so much more. In the end they just squatted down and lay a thick coil of mediocrity on his face. I'm literally jumping in joy at it's bomb at the box office, they deserve it.

Oh yes...

FATALITY

I'm goin to buy the Blu Ray either way, so the DLC Sinestro Batman is just a bonus. All I need is the Steel Book announcement and I'm ready.

Green Lantern might not be the best movie of the year but it's still an enjoyable film. The scale is so much different than most of the comic book adaptations. I really would compare it with Star Wars than Captain America.

I LOVE how you put Cap among Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, and put your beloved Green Lantern with Queen. I understand you trying to make a point with FACTS, but those facts become harder to see when you muddle it with your overbearing opinions. I find it annoying that this came up AGAIN with you and the other users. If you soooo well know that there is no point to arguing with them to justify your opinion on Cap being a steaming pile of #$## and Green Lantern being the embodiment of the 2nd coming, then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all about it. In MY opinion, Green Lantern was one of the worst films I've seen in my @##@@ life. One of the most poorly written, poorly acted, poorly executed comic films of recent years. I left bitter and full of anger at the 10 bucks I could've had in my pocket. The film's score was forgettable, the dialogue was just plain awful, like a child's interpretation of adults and adult problems, and the effects suffered due to the actor's performances. The worst part about this "film" was that it was a big @##@@ commercial. Why didn't he bust out a catcher's glove to stop the helicopter? Because Mattel owns the rights for Hot Wheels and they can create boxset Green Lantern speedway based off the film, which they did. Characters were on screen just long enough to be recognizable in order to make action figures, nothing REALLY wrong with that one, most comic movies take that route. My point is that every single plotline, idea, character, and spoken word is hollow because it shamelessly takes the GL property for the SOLE reason of capitalizing on it, rushing out EVERYTHING. Nothing else. The filmmakers were seeing green alright, and Hal hadn't even shown up yet. Green Lantern is a wonderful character that deserved so much more. In the end they just squatted down and lay a thick coil of mediocrity on his face. I'm literally jumping in joy at it's bomb at the box office, they deserve it.

Oh yes...

FATALITY

You sound insane. You blased me and then went and did the exact same thing..........................lunacy really but ok let's play.

CAP was awful, we will start there and now to GL. GL was one of the best movies of the year, nothing about the dialogue was bad, I don't know what you were expecting, its friggin GL. Sorry you needed something deeper and was looking for an emotional impact. Next time go watch some chick flick where your precious deep seated dialogue can be explored, emotionalized and deepen to the heartwrenching levels you need because apparently a simple action movie with normal action dialogue isn't good enough. I guess the inane dialogue from CAP was better right..........yup, nothing in that movie had roots, even the motivation for CAP was razor thin, GL had more motivation and it was explored more than the stupid CAP movie, I want to be a hero because I just want to be a hero.......stuipid. Ok the score was forgettable.....ok so what. It wasn't great but when was the last action movie score groundbreaking. Tron had a great score but nothing since the 1988 Batman movie was worthy of a heroic soundtrack to these movies. What loon complains that he GL made a speedway track instead of a glove..........dude if this bothers you, you should just go hang yourself now.

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

You are beaten, it is useless to resist, don't let yourself be destroyed as all the CAP defenders did.

Ok enough about Flawless Victory ..this thread was about the movies release on DVD and Blu-Ray not who is better or not better..

Hey man, don't police me for writing Flawless Victory...............it isn't that serious and if some adults on this board can't take it them it says worse about them. Wow, policing over saying flawless victory, while the guy who claims to be the champ is ignored.

Ok enough about Flawless Victory ..this thread was about the movies release on DVD and Blu-Ray not who is better or not better..

Hey man, don't police me for writing Flawless Victory...............it isn't that serious and if some adults on this board can't take it them it says worse about them. Wow, policing over saying flawless victory, while the guy who claims to be the champ is ignored.

I'm making sure this doesn't get out of control

I'm making sure this doesn't get out of control

Even with the TF and the Provoker it was all in good fun.

The only thing that would tempt me to buy that Blu-Ray is that Sinestro Corp Batman skin for Arkham City. However, ~$20 for DLC would be too much for me.

The main reason I think Green Lantern was the weakest movie is that the main villain got so messed up in the translation from comic book to movie.

Comic Parallax

Comic Krona

Movie Parallax

I didn't like how the comic versions of Parallax and Krona, who each should've headlined a movie as the main villain (and had better visual designs), were combined to make a watered-down blob monster in the movie. (I agree with Spidersam that Galactus is the worst comic-to-movie translation of a character, though.)

All the other comic movies had pretty cool villains in comparison (although I admit it was disappointing that Destroyer was beaten way too easily in the Thor movie).

I also thought movie Green Lantern seemed the least like his comic counterpart compared to the other comic book movies. I felt Ryan Reynolds was a little too jokey as Hal (I still think he would've made a great Kyle Rayner), but that's probably more the script's fault, if anything.

I won't get the Blu-Ray or watch Green Lantern again, but I do hope they make a (better) sequel. (I think GL should have at least broken even now if you factor in the world box office results.)

PharmV

I say reboot the damn thing... A sequel to a mediocre movie will just result in more failure... I will never get to see my JLA movie at this rate...

The only thing that would tempt me to buy that Blu-Ray is that Sinestro Corp Batman skin for Arkham City. However, ~$20 for DLC would be too much for me.

The main reason I think Green Lantern was the weakest movie is that the main villain got so messed up in the translation from comic book to movie.

Comic Parallax

Comic Krona

Movie Parallax

I didn't like how the comic versions of Parallax and Krona, who each should've headlined a movie as the main villain (and had better visual designs), were combined to make a watered-down blob monster in the movie. (I agree with Spidersam that Galactus is the worst comic-to-movie translation of a character, though.)

All the other comic movies had pretty cool villains in comparison (although I admit it was disappointing that Destroyer was beaten way too easily in the Thor movie).

I also thought movie Green Lantern seemed the least like his comic counterpart compared to the other comic book movies. I felt Ryan Reynolds was a little too jokey as Hal (I still think he would've made a great Kyle Rayner), but that's probably more the script's fault, if anything.

I won't get the Blu-Ray or watch Green Lantern again, but I do hope they make a (better) sequel. (I think GL should have at least broken even now if you factor in the world box office results.)

PharmV

I say reboot the damn thing... A sequel to a mediocre movie will just result in more failure... I will never get to see my JLA movie at this rate...

It was a great movie and there is no need to reboot. GL2 come on down........in my Rod Roddy voice!!!! Also like what WJ said, when Sinestro is apart of it as the main guy you are going to see some serious ring vs ring action.

I'm sure when you see Sinestro as a bad guy it will thrive

But will the majority of people that felt they wasted time and money on the first GL be back for another?... I say do Flash and maybe WW... Reboot GL when most people have forgotten about this one...

That is a very good question. Its hard for me to answer because I honestly did think the movie was great and really, truly do not understand what people didn't like about it, especially considering the praise of Thor and Cap. I don't know, I think where they are going with it is very good and interesting. I don't think a reboot is in order just make a great follow up. As for Flash, hell throw him a movie too.

no i saw all 3 movies and after the x-men movies i've learned to go in with low expectation therefore i enjoyed all 3 movies, heck i liked the 2nd hulk movie i enjoyed daredevil (minus the black non-super fat kingpin) and most of the others that got horrible reps. probably the only comic movies i haven't liked would of been that last superman movie, batman 3-4, x-men trillogy to include wolverine, and the first hulk movie. now i wish they would've done 6in thor and cap toys and that the gl movie toys hadn't been so skinny also my only minor complaint of the gl movie was that the gl battery fas fugly @puke@