Green Lantern on Blu-Ray and DVD.....

Wheeljack35

"deliver" as in "free"? I can't imagine anyone paying to own it...

Ughhh -- It was better than Thor and Captain America

Best comic movie of the year

Can't wait for it.

In what alternate reality?

LOL....that's what i was thinking. Either that or its opposite day and nobody told me.

Can't wait for it.

Care to explain to me how Captain America was good? Or how Green Lantern was not better than Thor?

• Like 1

Can't wait for it.

LOL....that's what i was thinking. Either that or its opposite day and nobody told me.

Ah yes, the yo-yo commitee......Yes it must be opposite day and no one told ya if you think CA and Thor were better than GL.

• Like 1

Oh yay...they threw in another disk. Now we get the 3D disk too :rolleyes: Can we just get ONE freaking disk in our movies? PLEASE???

Anyway, don't know if I'm going to pick this up. I've told myself I'm going to pass on so-so comic book movies. If Iron Man 2 falls in that category then certainly this does too.

Can't wait for it.

Care to explain to me how Captain America was good? Or how Green Lantern was not better than Thor?

Better character development (both Thor and Cap), better villains (parallax was almost as bad as Galactus in ff) and although I really liked sinestro he was not the villain, better fitting to the role leading men and great supporting cast (Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and Tommy lee jones anyone) If that is not enough, the general reception says otherwise (GL almost tanked, even if it irks you and think it is unfair cap and or thor fared better), and while I actually think GL was entertaining, I definitely would not call it best comic movie of the year.

Very well said! Look I liked GL but it was no way in any shape or form as good as Cap. Cap had heart, good story and better acting. GL while I liked it was to CGI ish at times, no real true villian plot. Eh to each is their own though. I liked thor a little better than GL though, why better character development again.

Draven

I agree unless the DVD is 5 bucks I won't get it......on the other hand cap and Thor buying them first day they are out.

Can't wait for it.

Better character development (both Thor and Cap), better villains (parallax was almost as bad as Galactus in ff) and although I really liked sinestro he was not the villain, better fitting to the role leading men and great supporting cast (Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and Tommy lee jones anyone) If that is not enough, the general reception says otherwise (GL almost tanked, even if it irks you and think it is unfair cap and or thor fared better), and while I actually think GL was entertaining, I definitely would not call it best comic movie of the year.

Wrong! Thor had as much character development as what?......he had a weak romance that wasn't really a romance and now he has changed from all his years. No real depth whatsoever, don't ge me wrong I like the movie but the middle was boring. He really had no motivation for such a dramatic change. Cap was a wooden and forced movie, hardly good in any sense whatsoever. It was boring and won't stand the test of time. XMen had more character depth than Thor and Cap combined. Most fanboys have taken their cues just like the general public in trashing GL because he wasn't humbled like all the rest. At the very least Thor was a contender for being better than GL but Cap was the worst, silly, stupid, wooden and boring.

Again most of you are just following the popular census.............weak motivations create weak arguments.

• Like 2

Again most of you are just following the popular census

Every time you play this card I have to laugh out loud. For some reason, out of all the hundreds of opinions posted here every day, posative and negative, about ANY topic, somehow ALL NEGATIVE opinions of this movie are not, in fact, our honest thoughts, but us regurgitating what a critic said. When it comes to this ONE movie, no one is capable if independant thought. Amazing!

You know what, +1 for you SP. I've never given anyone a + or - ever. I think it's silly. But your flag waving for this movie deserves something.

Can't wait for it.

Wrong! Thor had as much character development as what?......he had a weak romance that wasn't really a romance and now he has changed from all his years. No real depth whatsoever, don't ge me wrong I like the movie but the middle was boring. He really had no motivation for such a dramatic change. Cap was a wooden and forced movie, hardly good in any sense whatsoever. It was boring and won't stand the test of time. XMen had more character depth than Thor and Cap combined. Most fanboys have taken their cues just like the general public in trashing GL because he wasn't humbled like all the rest. At the very least Thor was a contender for being better than GL but Cap was the worst, silly, stupid, wooden and boring.

Again most of you are just following the popular census.............weak motivations create weak arguments.

I'm not following popular concensus, and don't think the rest of the guys here are either. I saw these movies too, and am only expressing my opinion, so they are not weak arguments, yours don't sound any better (cap was silly, stupid, wooden !?) that sounds more like angry fanboy talk. In any case, I'd give the comic movie of the year title to X-men first class even with all its flaws.

• Like 1

Can't wait for it.

I'm not following popular concensus, and don't think the rest of the guys here are either. I saw these movies too, and am only expressing my opinion, so they are not weak arguments, yours don't sound any better (cap was silly, stupid, wooden !?) that sounds more like angry fanboy talk. In any case, I'd give the comic movie of the year title to X-men first class even with all its flaws.

More malarkey -

Thor was Thor, he made a huge blunderous mistake and was sent to be humbled. Don't mind the situation at all but the romance as a way to learn was forced and didn't hold up, his redemption was too fast and then he saves the world. It overall story arc wasn't bad at all, but it was so fast that it was hollow.

Green Lantern, Hal stuck in a clusterfook of a situation, watching his dad die made him careless and reckless. He has great potential one that the ring can see and through a series of events comes to no longer being afraid or at least facing his situation. He has a real talk about that situation directly and takes some time to build from that. Great movie, period.

Captain America, scrawny kid wants to be a hero, no motivation other than war time propaganda then bam he becomes one, nothing else and nothing more to the story. Bar none!!! Oh wait, yeah he is willing to jump on a bomb to save others and he got a flag from a pole....yup, hero material right there, enough to make for a good movie....yup......uh, no, no it isn't.

Flawless Victory

Can't wait for it.

More malarkey -

Thor was Thor, he made a huge blunderous mistake and was sent to be humbled. Don't mind the situation at all but the romance as a way to learn was forced and didn't hold up, his redemption was too fast and then he saves the world. It overall story arc wasn't bad at all, but it was so fast that it was hollow.

Green Lantern, Hal stuck in a clusterfook of a situation, watching his dad die made him careless and reckless. He has great potential one that the ring can see and through a series of events comes to no longer being afraid or at least facing his situation. He has a real talk about that situation directly and takes some time to build from that. Great movie, period.

Captain America, scrawny kid wants to be a hero, no motivation other than war time propaganda then bam he becomes one, nothing else and nothing more to the story. Bar none!!! Oh wait, yeah he is willing to jump on a bomb to save others and he got a flag from a pole....yup, hero material right there, enough to make for a good movie....yup......uh, no, no it isn't.

Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory !! Hahahahaha, man, you are starting to sound like a 12 year old. You might as well have ended that with Owned!

You didn't even acknowledge the fact I gave the title to x-men, which had a great story (much better than GL), motivation for the main characters (charles and erik) not to mention great chemistry between them, and great action (erik was bad a$$) regardless of the fact the rest of the "first" class (they could have been removed and the movie would still have been great). You also neglected the fact I said Gl was entertaining (but could have been better, mainly the bad guys)so it was not even a competition to prove who was right (hence my laughter at your flawless victory comment). Anyway, as yojoebro put it, it appears that to you anyone who has a bad or not great opinion of the GL movie is Wrong! as you put it earlier (by the way, Lex wants his line back)so seeing as this will go nowhere I'll just say try not to be so childish in your responses, maybe people will take you more seriously.

PS. No matter how enamored of it you are or how much you try to prove people the error of their ways regarding the GL movie, the fact it pretty much tanked at the box office will remain.

Wow why is it hard to except that people can actually like a movie?

I do get he likes it, a little too much, which is fine by itself, what baffles me is the fact that he can't accept the fact that a lot of people didn't like it that much or like cap a lot more (claiming everyone is just repeating what critics said), that and his obvious discontent with the fact it didn't do to good in the box office and how he bashes cap for doing better, that and his childish answers/reactions to people's comments (flawless victory was just hilarious)

Wow why is it hard to except that people can actually like a movie?

I do get he likes it, a little too much, which is fine by itself, what baffles me is the fact that he can't accept the fact that a lot of people didn't like it that much or like cap a lot more (claiming everyone is just repeating what critics said), that and his obvious discontent with the fact it didn't do to good in the box office and how he bashes cap for doing better, that and his childish answers/reactions to people's comments (flawless victory was just hilarious)

True if you like Captain America its your opinion and if he didn't like it there shouldn't be bashing about it

The only thing that would tempt me to buy that Blu-Ray is that Sinestro Corp Batman skin for Arkham City. However, ~$20 for DLC would be too much for me.

The main reason I think Green Lantern was the weakest movie is that the main villain got so messed up in the translation from comic book to movie.

Comic Parallax

Comic Krona

Movie Parallax

I didn't like how the comic versions of Parallax and Krona, who each should've headlined a movie as the main villain (and had better visual designs), were combined to make a watered-down blob monster in the movie. (I agree with Spidersam that Galactus is the worst comic-to-movie translation of a character, though.)

All the other comic movies had pretty cool villains in comparison (although I admit it was disappointing that Destroyer was beaten way too easily in the Thor movie).

I also thought movie Green Lantern seemed the least like his comic counterpart compared to the other comic book movies. I felt Ryan Reynolds was a little too jokey as Hal (I still think he would've made a great Kyle Rayner), but that's probably more the script's fault, if anything.

I won't get the Blu-Ray or watch Green Lantern again, but I do hope they make a (better) sequel. (I think GL should have at least broken even now if you factor in the world box office results.)

PharmV