Well my G1 collection is growing again

Mike

So probably about 7 or 8 years ago, I sold off all my G1 Transformers, I had quite a few including a complete Trypticon, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Blaster, Ultra Magnus, and a few more, this was just as the re-issues were starting to make it big, and I did have a few of those, including Jazz, Inferno, Megatron, Optimus, Seekers, Red Alert, etc maybe 20 or 30 nice G1 figures. Then I was dumb and sold them all XD and for reasons I don't even remember haha, guess I was just bored or depressed and wanted money for other things, who knows.

So I've started collecting again the last year or two, and I got a nice display case from Ikea to put them all in. It seems like im always buying and selling newer stuff, I've collected almost everything in the last 10 years, Beast Wars, RID, Cybertron, Animated, movie stuff, but the G1's are still my favorite and except for that one time, I've never sold any of them. So here's what I've accumulated so far.

My display case, with some Star Wars and other toys in and around it.

collection1.jpg

So I moved my bots around a bit, first shelf is first season autobots

IMG_1838.jpg

Second shelf is first season decepticons

IMG_1837.jpg

and the third shelf now is other seasons

IMG_1839.jpg

All in al, its starting to come back together, my main goal is to finish off the sets I need like the Insecticons, and the Dinobots, complete Broadside, then off to buy the ones I had before! like Ultra Magnus, and Metroplex, those dudes were awesome. After all that I'll probably keep workin on getting the original season 1 cast. I still need Megatron, Shockwave and Devastator, and all them. But they will all come along in time.

Congratulations Mike! You sound exactly like me. I used to have an awesome G1 re-issue collection, along with some mint Takara pieces, and I sold every single one of them. I've regretted it ever since, so I've been slowly trying to build back my collection, like you. So I can completely relate my friend. I love how you've displayed everything. That's the kind of display I want to shoot for someday.

My new collection consists of mostly Encore re-issues, with a few odds and ends here and there. I have the Encore Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, Hoist, Trailbreaker, Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx, the Mini-bots set, the Skywarp/Thundercracker set, the Takara Collection Kup, Stepper, and Tracks, Henkei Classics Prime, SDCC Exclusive Alternators Rodimus, THS-02 Hybrid Optimus Prime, Final Edition Masterpiece Optimus Prime, U.S. Masterpiece Skywarp, Premium Movie Megatron, Takara Buster Movie Prime, ROTF Fallen, and a Universe Tracks.

Welcome back to the club and keep those collection growing!

Me, I'm trying to finish the G1 season 1 to season 4 characters so I can retire from TF/collection. But so far, TTomy is not helping me. I need more newer Reissue. Anyhow, here's my collection so far starting from the UMagnus collection to the regular TF collection:

http://reminator.deviantart.com/gallery/

conrates..... and yes i sold my entire collection of g1 a few years ago to buy a winter/work car. ive been slowly building back up myself, but not what it used to be! i miss my dinobots and hound most of all ( and my casttes!!!!!!!!!!!)

Congrates on coming back to the G1 side @loll@ I still have all my ornangl [ms] ones minus Soundwave,Jazz,Sideswipe,Trailbreaker,Hoist & Sideswipe they where the reissue ones my red Bumblebee was the boo boo one that I got from Hasbro but when I let my friend take him home for a little bit his brother thew him out of the car on the freeway. So I had to get a knock off of the red Bumblebee to replace him. I though I have photos of them on my computer but I guess I don't need to take some pics of my G1 Transformers.

Like I said in my original post XD I got it at Ikea :) Or did you guys just look at the pictures :P

I'm guilty I just looked at the pictures and said where'd he get that case

• 2 weeks later...

yep really sucks to get rid of stuff, I guess we all make mistakes XD

And I updatet some of the pics with nicer pics (got a new camera) and a few more bots! I have a devastar in the mail too, hope he shows up this week :)

The blue thing? its a barometer!

And yeah the photo of Wayne Greztky is cool, my grandpa got that for me from Waynes dad Walter, one time when he played golf with him. Both Wayne and Walter autographed it. I got it shortly after my dad passed away, Walter felt sorry and gave me and my brother both personalized photos of his son playing hockey which I thought was pretty cool.

• 4 weeks later...