Sign in to follow this  
MatchesxMalone

Save DCUC

The sub's already failed once. If I were one of the people who signed up (especially the ones who signed on for 4 or 5 subs), the only think I'd vote for is a refund.

But that's just me.

let this be a way to build Lois, Jimmy, Perry too.

Yeah that's weird, a cnc Lois...we all know that someone's gonna be left saying "what am i going to do with a lois leg?"

Yeah that's weird, a cnc Lois...we all know that someone's gonna be left saying "what am i going to do with a lois leg?"

Ugh, don't remind me. I'm still explaining the disembodied Giganta parts.

Yup. I meant BAF Lois.............ummm, how about NO. Building the figures period, no where did I mention a BAF. Another excuse for horrid sarcasm.

From The ask Matty forum:

Toyguru

Collector Supreme

Posted August 24, 2011 11:32 AM

If the DC sub goes through it will be at the advertised price.

However, we are exploring the possibilty of higher prices for non sub holders who buy product day of (i.e. cherry pickers). This is similar to how magazines cost more at a news stand vs. having a subscription. This is only one of many options we are exploring based on the subscription numbers we got 60%-62% (less then the needed 100%) and is not at all the direction we are for sure going in. Right now we are just exploring many options to see if anything is possible to keep the sub alive based on the lower then expected sub interest.

But for those who bought a sub, if the sub goes forward you are locked in to the advertised prices even if maybe possibly day of prices goes up slightly (1 or 2 dollars).

If the sub is canceled, yes of course full refunds will be given for any charges!

As a "Cherry picker" (not real happy with this labeling), this plan works for me. I'll pay 2-3 dollars more for the one or two figures I want a year.

• Like 1

As a "Cherry picker" (not real happy with this labeling), this plan works for me. I'll pay 2-3 dollars more for the one or two figures I want a year.

All things considered, it's still a better deal than the subscibers will get, even with the rediculous shipping.

If I do cherry pick however I'll be real selective about which ones I stick in my basket.

Oh, and for what its worth, I consider myself a Selective Consumer. Much classier than cherry picker.

You'll see me cherry picking when Wild Dog ever comes to figure form!! Oh and to complete my teams as well!!

• Like 1

If I do cherry pick however I'll be real selective about which ones I stick in my basket.

Oh, and for what its worth, I consider myself a Selective Consumer. Much classier than cherry picker.

Selective consumer is good....or Mattel could have just said "raise the price a few bucks on day-of sales" and not push nerd elitism.

from Matty's facebook page

Benjamin Burnaugh "I do think that there should be a bit of a bigger reward for the blind faith dcuc subscribers. More than 1or 2 dollars anyways."

Up yours, Ben and all those alike.

• Like 2

I didn't subscribe because Mattel never convinced me to. You see, two can play the blame game Mattel.

The retail line was constantly plagued by quality control issues and it was overpriced WITH collect and connect pieces. With those issues in mind, why would I commit to pay around $25 (with shipping) each month for figures that I'm not even sure I would want?

Furthermore, the whole DC relaunch has had me not wanting to support any DC products. I was already pissed that they shut down Wildstorm, and now they've done this crap. And to add insult to injury, they rebooted my favorite books and intermingled characters into their new universe, likely negating all of the history those books had established. It's like I wasted all my money. None of what I know matters anymore, and none of that talented writers like Christos Gage, Ed Brubaker, Alan Moore, Mark Miller, and Chuck Dixon did for Wildstorm's characters matter either.

• Like 1

I dont support getting rid of DC's history and reinventing basically the same stories... I still dont understand Crisis from 1986 eventhough i started collecting in 1991. It seems like they're making an "all star" continuity feel but getting rid of the regular one. I remember being furious when Marvel ended the original Fantastic Four, Avengers, Cap, Spiderman ect. series before hero reborn. I bought heroes reborn but when they started back at number 1's again I stopped reading Marvel. DC wasn't putting out anything I liked for a couple of years so I dropped them too and just bought back issues. When GI Joe came back, I picked it up because of the continuity but when ddp lost the rights and they rebooted that I stopped reading.

I don't mind DC bringing in Wildstorm into the same universe as other DC characters. They did the same for Capt Marvel and the fawcett characters. In the 80's Marvel and DC would sometimes make references to each other in the comic books..there are a couple things like clark kent cameo and such. I guess that's why cross company comics were so cool but hated that they usually existed outside continuity.

I still don't understand why people are so upset at the New DCU line, I regard it as an "ultimates" type of thing, Toybiz has incorporated Ultimates and even heroes reborn figures in the Marvel Legends line alongside classic figures. I think Mattel is looking to do the same thing.

These DCUC subbers are starting to sound like hardcore He-Man fans that don't believe in the existence of the other toylines besides the vintage line.

So anyone else still not convinced the stupid meter was nothing but a scam to force people into buying subs?

Thankfully, all "true fans" will finally end their campaign and stop bashing us "cherry pickers" :P

• Like 1

So anyone else still not convinced the stupid meter was nothing but a scam to force people into buying subs?

Thankfully, all "true fans" will finally end their campaign and stop bashing us "cherry pickers" :P

Estoy de acuerdo contigo, en todo eso.

• Like 1

Estoy de acuerdo contigo, en todo eso.

:) Otro miembro bilingüe, saludos!

stop bashing cherry pickers? maybe...but they've upped their "smug" and try to hide it behind excitement and praise like this douche:

Brandon, king of blind faith, picker-basher, writes on Matty's Facebook wall:

"Woohoo! Thanks to Toy Guru, Fangirl, and everyone at Mattycollector who got this going. Thanks to all the DCUC fans who signed up (even at the last minute) and got the word out wherever they went! And a special thanks to all the toy-related sites who spread the word--you've earned a reader!"

mattyheadlogotrans.png

why would anyone kiss this things ass?!

stop bashing cherry pickers? maybe...but they've upped their "smug" like this douche:

Brandon, a blind faith, picker-basher, writes on Matty's Facebook wall:

"Woohoo! Thanks to Toy Guru, Fangirl, and everyone at Mattycollector who got this going. Thanks to all the DCUC fans who signed up (even at the last minute) and got the word out wherever they went! And a special thanks to all the toy-related sites who spread the word--you've earned a reader!"

mattyheadlogotrans.png

why would anyone kiss this things ass?!

Damned if I know!

another misguided putz:

Rick writes:

"thanks for your hard work on DC infinite earths Matty! and thanks to management for green lighting this. i know it's not a priority, so this shows us fans the respect we deserve. thanks all! :)"

hard work? in delivering us the biggest clusterf**k of a subscription yet and shifting the blame away from yourself by turning fans against one another

and yet another sap:

John writes

"Matty, you guys made my week! I was having the crapiest day at work, but to hear my favorite toyline is going to continue and I'll be getting them all for the year, more than makes up for the day I am having!!! Thanks Matty, you guys rock!!!"

you guys rock? Rock?! Really?!

another misguided putz:

Rick writes:

"thanks for your hard work on DC infinite earths Matty! and thanks to management for green lighting this. i know it's not a priority, so this shows us fans the respect we deserve. thanks all! :)"

hard work? in delivering us the biggest clusterf**k of a subscription yet and shifting the blame away from yourself by turning fans against one another

and yet another sap:

John writes

"Matty, you guys made my week! I was having the crapiest day at work, but to hear my favorite toyline is going to continue and I'll be getting them all for the year, more than makes up for the day I am having!!! Thanks Matty, you guys rock!!!"

Man, with so much a$$ kissing it's no wonder Mattel thinks they can take a piss at people and not have consequences. :S

While this thing is a go, Mattel surely has lost a huge fan base by making day of sales more expensive than before. Even though I support this new change I think it was all a scam and a bad way of doing business. What total asses........we all knew this was going to happen anyway

Oh Spidersam, no one bashed you cherry pickers......keep on with keeping the fight going, Mattel makes great figs but runs a shitty operation

another misguided putz:

Rick writes:

and yet another sap:

John writes

Anybody else smell Mattel stationary?

While this thing is a go, Mattel surely has lost a huge fan base by making day of sales more expensive than before. Even though I support this new change I think it was all a scam and a bad way of doing business. What total asses........we all knew this was going to happen anyway

Oh Spidersam, no one bashed you cherry pickers......keep on with keeping the fight going, Mattel makes great figs but runs a shitty operation

I know you didn´t but the whole "not real fans" calling does sound like bashing. And I'm going to agree a 100% with you on this, Mattel does run a shitty operation (thankfully they didn't get their hands on the Thundercats franchise)

I know you didn´t but the whole "not real fans" calling does sound like bashing. And I'm going to agree a 100% with you on this, Mattel does run a shitty operation (thankfully they didn't get their hands on the Thundercats franchise)

Highly agree. Los tipos de Matty, son unos pendejos mamones...

• Like 1