GI Joe figure/Toy You Wish You Had But Never Got As A Kid?

CaptainPowerWasher

USS Flagg.

Even to this day it eludes me. Had a chance to get one on the cheap on Craigslist. Even in Hawaii! Was so shocked. It was about 10 minutes from my front door. I tried emailing the guy almost every day and got nothing in return. Then, about two weeks later, he reposts it saying his computer had died the day he put it up and didn't know if anyone had tried to contact him about it (because we don't live in a digital age where you can get your email on just about every electronic device you own @grumpy@ ). I immediately sent him another email and he wrote back saying it had already sold. Right through my fingers again. Wife probably would have killed me anyway.

USS Flagg.

Even to this day it eludes me. Had a chance to get one on the cheap on Craigslist. Even in Hawaii! Was so shocked. It was about 10 minutes from my front door. I tried emailing the guy almost every day and got nothing in return. Then, about two weeks later, he reposts it saying his computer had died the day he put it up and didn't know if anyone had tried to contact him about it (because we don't live in a digital age where you can get your email on just about every electronic device you own @grumpy@ ). I immediately sent him another email and he wrote back saying it had already sold. Right through my fingers again. Wife probably would have killed me anyway.

If you don't mind me asking,how much was he selling it for?I would have loved to have one of those as a kid,heck I'd love to have one now.Playsets like that were way out of my league.I usually just got the figures and some smaller vehicles.

According to his ad, it was 'cheap.' I was trying to get pics of it to give him an accurate estimate of what I wanted to pay, but I offered hime $150 up front completely unseen. From his descriptions it was about 90% complete. I could live with that. I can clean stuff up as needed. And just being able to add that piece to my collection would have totally been worth it.

Yes, the U.S.S. FLAGG. Me too. *sigh* I guess it just wasn't meant to be...

I also wanted the Defiant and the Terrordrome. I never got the Defiant, but years later my brother found me a 90% complete Terrordrome at a flea market in great condition, but I sold it a couple of years later for fifty bucks or something stupid.

I have to admit though; I was kinda spoiled when it came to G.I. Joe. I had alot of stuff. I didn't have everything, but I had quite a bit. Among the stuff I didn't have, I always wanted the Mauler, the Wolverine (I ordered the mail-in version, but it never came in the mail.), the VAMP Mark II, the Devilfish...it was alot of smaller-to-medium-sized vehicles like those that I always wanted.

As for figures, I never had Breaker, Grunt, the original Cobra soldier...and just about anything that came out after 1989. If I had to narrow it down to three things like CaptainPowerWasher did, it'd have to be:

U.S.S. FLAGG

VAMP Mark II

Phantom X-19 Stealth Fighter

Speaking of which, funny story...the year it came out, my brother let it slip that I was getting the X-19 for Christmas. I was estatic...but it turned out I didn't get it after all. (lol) I'm not sure how he missed that one. I guess they got me so much other Joe stuff that year, he just thought Mom and Dad grabbed it too, or maybe they meant to and forgot. Oh, what might have been...

As a kid: I always wanted some H.I.S.S. and Fangs for a Cobra army.

I also wanted a Wolverine because I though it looked neat.

As an adult: The Defiant...

I worked at Toys R US and they had one mint in the box on clearance for several months but I wasn't colecting Joes then!

It's funny so many people mention the Flagg. I didn't even realize that it existed until I started collecting as an adult.

For me, it would have to be V1 Storm Shadow. Always wanted him, and never found one. He was the first vintage GI Joe I bought on ebay when I started collecting vintage Joes back around 2003.

USS Flagg.

I had something similar happen when I was a teenager. A guy had an ad for his Joe collection in the local paper. Was about a block from me. Wanted $100 for everything including a Flagg. At the time it sucked to be a teenager with no money.

I never wanted the Flagg that much, but I really wanted the Terror Drome. Unfortunately, I was in junior high by that point, and it was a different time for toy collectors. If you bought or even kept toys after elementary, you risked complete and utter social alienation. The funny thing is, I would occassionally "catch" a friend at the store buying Joes, MASK, He-Man, Visionaries or Dino-Riders.

It was a sad time, really. We all still loved this stuff, but had to act like we didn't care about toys, comics or cartoons anymore, just because we suddenly had lockers, football games, chest hair and tingly feelings around girls.

uss flagg

and guess what is sitting behind me on the floor in my office yep you guessed it now i have it. a friend of mine called me one day and said he found one at an antique shop so i jumped up and ran down there.it cost me 200 bucks but it's nearly complete and in good condition so my childhood dream is fufilled!!!!!!!!!!

I always wanted the Joe Headquarters Command Center. I remember salivating every time the Sears holiday catalog would come out. I was raised in a single parent household plus had other siblings so no major Joe stuff for me, except maybe a single figure here and there. I would occasionally score vehicles & playsets at garage sales but never the Command Center always a Cobra Surveillance Port but never a Bride & most of the accessories would be gone. Oh how I longed to lock up Cobra Commander and Destro only to have Storm Shadow sneak in stab Duke & Clutch & rescue them of course with an hour long battle btween them & Snake eyes & Stalker(that's alot of &'s I know). I tried to build my own with cardboard and styrofoam castaways buttt it was never the same......one of these days I'll find it.....love the hunt

I hear ya about the Joe headquarters. I really lucked out when I got mine a few years ago. I found one on eBay for about $40 and it was 95% complete. Once I put it together, I had to fill it with Joes. I wish I had more room to display it though. And I'm dreading breaking everything down when I have to move, trusting complete strangers to not destroy a box labeled 'toys.'

U.S.S. Flagg & the Night Raven.

I'd always wanted the J.U.M.P., Flash, mark 1 V.A.M.P., v2 Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, & the Skystriker too but i was too young to buy them. I have to say Hasbro has done a pretty awesome job of helping me complete my wishlist and then some.

I never had Zartan as a kid!! I remember being in Dillards many a time and seeing it, just never got him!! Of course I was only grabbing the occassional figure here and there!!

When I really got into GI JOE, he was already gone!! I settled for his sis, but really liked Zandar!!

As far as vehicles go, never grabbed the HAVOK, just really hated Cross Country figure!!? Dumb looking figure, should have got it and thrown him in the unused toy box!! A much better CC came out in the 90's!! :/

I can't think of any particular figures that I wanted as a kid, but never owned. As far as vehicles go, I always wanted the Rolling Thunder to go against the Hammerhead that I had. I never really wanted the Flagg, Defiant, or Terrordrome as a kid (Don't know why, just wasn't on the radar).