Rise of the Apes

Superpowers1980

I saw it last night and man it was good. I was too young to enjoy the original movies but I am aware of their story and I love how they tied everything together. This was an interesting and excellent movie, easily one of the best movies of the year.

I want to go see it real bad, but a new baby's keeping me from the theaters. The fact that I have not seen Captain America yet is heresy.

I saw the original with Charleston Heston. It is a great film.

I saw it last night and man it was good. I was too young to enjoy the original movies but I am aware of their story and I love how they tied everything together. This was an interesting and excellent movie, easily one of the best movies of the year.

I want to go see it real bad, but a new baby's keeping me from the theaters. The fact that I have not seen Captain America yet is heresy.

If you enjoyed the original movie then you should really enjoy this one. Captain America was boring IMO, but this one here is really good. Understandable about the baby, again, can't wait to see how you guys dress him or her up for Halloween.

This isn't a remake of the Charlton Heston version...

This is more of the remake of another one where Cornelious and Zera's son Ceaser grew up and eventually led the Ape uprising

I know. Just wanted to distance the original from the Tim Burton remake. Liked it as a kid, but watched it again grown up and it's not very good at all.

If you enjoyed the original movie then you should really enjoy this one. Captain America was boring IMO, but this one here is really good. Understandable about the baby, again, can't wait to see how you guys dress him or her up for Halloween.

So far the little guy will either be some form of Ghostbuster/ghost, or maybe even a Green Lantern. We should make him Bzzzd.

Sorry to hear you didn't like Captain America. My family and friends have said it's outstanding and it's made it hard to wait. My list is getting bigger and bigger of movies I have to see. Apes and Harry Potter are also on that list.

I know two people who fell asleep on CA, it wasn't so much bad as it is boring. I think the general census is just happy to have the movie than to take an honest look of it.

Rise of the Apes is good and is one I believe you will enjoy. I also saw Cowboys vs Aliens and that was ok, I would wait for the DVD release on that one.

So far the little guy will either be some form of Ghostbuster/ghost, or maybe even a Green Lantern. We should make him Bzzzd.

Sorry to hear you didn't like Captain America. My family and friends have said it's outstanding and it's made it hard to wait. My list is getting bigger and bigger of movies I have to see. Apes and Harry Potter are also on that list.

I put Captain America up there with Iron Man... Its a must see...

Haven't seen it yet and not sure yet of whether or not I'm going to like the CGI crap for it? Kinda hard to be a fan of the original Heston flicks, and then assume this all transpired between Escape from the Planet of the Apes and Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and how they went from this....

rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes.jpg?w=600&h=335

a real life looking chimpanzee created with a computer, to THIS....

planet-of-the-apes-196811.jpg

a cool ass looking man/ape of the future after the apocalypse and created with awesome make-up and real humans underneath?

I'm a big fan of the original flicks (grew up with'em) and Burtons version was a joke and incredibly boring and typical of Hollywood these days to create characters we couldn't care less about, but this one looks good in preview, so I'll probably wait till it gets to the $1.50 seats and catch it then. Hell, I just finally got around to seeing Thor and waiting on Captain America, which all I've heard has been great...so far.

• Like 1

I hear it doesn't mesh well into past continuity. I've seen all of the classics except the last one, which i hear was garbage sadly. I want to re-watch them because of this though, and that alone is probably a reason to like this movie. Maybe this is the original path that started the Apes? before the time travel ordeal? Just a thought. I'll probably have to wait for Blu Ray for this one. It's been a very busy time.

I'm glad people are liking this movie. I like the original quite a bit, and the previews for this new one make it look really good.

As far as the CGI apes go, I think they look really good. The way they were able to do the facial expressions, and make them look intelligent/sentient in the previews gave me the chills.

It reminds me of those stupid looking monkeys in Jumanji....not very impressive compared to the full sized apes and gorillas in the originals. I have yet to see it though, so I'll have to wait till then to give a final thumbs up or thumbs down.

my Parents went to see it in my town's crappy theater I'm waiting for a DVD release instead of paying over 20 bucks to go see it it a below average theater where a pop is 5.75 after an admission price of 12 bucks overall I thought it was best to save my money for Conan

I hear it doesn't mesh well into past continuity. Maybe this is the original path that started the Apes? before the time travel ordeal? Just a thought.

Going by the original storyline, Ceasar was the son of Zira and Cornelius in the 3rd movie (Return of the Planet of the Apes) and they switched their baby with the baby Chimpanzee of a monkey at a zoo that was run by Richardo Montalban, which was a good thing, because they all three (Zira, Cornelius and the zoo's chimpanzee baby) were gunned down by a nut who found out they eventually take over the world. You realized Zira made the switch at the zoo, at the end of the movie, when they show Richardo standing beside it in the cage and mentions something about how smart his parents were, and the little chimp was already saying "mama...mama".

This new version obviously takes a different storyline in how it all gets started, which when you think about it, makes more sense than the confusing perpetual time continuum theory (apes come from future Earth, to give birth to ape that starts the whole thing and one big clusterf@#k of loop) that they went with in the originals....which would mean that loop would be constant on ongoing thru time. @haha@

my Parents went to see it in my town's crappy theater I'm waiting for a DVD release instead of paying over 20 bucks to go see it it a below average theater where a pop is 5.75 after an admission price of 12 bucks overall I thought it was best to save my money for Conan

I wonder what city/state you are from. It is always funny to hear people refer to soda as "pop". I live in Philly and its always been soda, referring a soda to "pop" is almost like speaking French....lol

Planet of the Apes is the best movie of the year so far.

I wonder what city/state you are from. It is always funny to hear people refer to soda as "pop". I live in Philly and its always been soda, referring a soda to "pop" is almost like speaking French....lol

Planet of the Apes is the best movie of the year so far.

I'm from Canada we've called it Pop for as long as I can remeber

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It was a good movie. I like the update of the ape's origin using modern science. I like the old movies and the novel from which they were based, but the brain enhancement/genetic manipulation makes so much more sense than the simple learned behavior that was used before.

• 1 month later...

I hear it doesn't mesh well into past continuity. Maybe this is the original path that started the Apes? before the time travel ordeal? Just a thought.

Going by the original storyline, Ceasar was the son of Zira and Cornelius in the 3rd movie (Return of the Planet of the Apes) and they switched their baby with the baby Chimpanzee of a monkey at a zoo that was run by Richardo Montalban, which was a good thing, because they all three (Zira, Cornelius and the zoo's chimpanzee baby) were gunned down by a nut who found out they eventually take over the world. You realized Zira made the switch at the zoo, at the end of the movie, when they show Richardo standing beside it in the cage and mentions something about how smart his parents were, and the little chimp was already saying "mama...mama".

This new version obviously takes a different storyline in how it all gets started, which when you think about it, makes more sense than the confusing perpetual time continuum theory (apes come from future Earth, to give birth to ape that starts the whole thing and one big clusterf@#k of loop) that they went with in the originals....which would mean that loop would be constant on ongoing thru time. @haha@

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. The astronauts from the originals landed in this timeline from the new movie, when the Zira and the like went back they started a separate one, which we know as the classic timeline.