30th anniversary on card images

yojoebro82

From yojoe.com

http://forums.yojoe.com/news/82467-30th-anniversary-waves-1-2-carded-images-leak.html

Looking good, I like the card art. Never saw Steel Brigade at retail in the POC wave so I may have to get this one. Also looking forward to Hazard Viper and Renegades Duke...but of course, I may just end up getting them all.

That really need to do away with that Stalker figure and get rid of the card art image of him as well. The hair is a joke and the model they picked to sport it, looks NOTHING like what a Vietnam veteran would have been sportin' in 1982. Some things work better under modernization attempts, but the dreadlocks for Stalker and some baby faced Black model with a goatee, who looks more like something that should be on a soap opera called the Bold and the Beautiful is not one of them.

Also, is it just on my computer, or does the Brians Toys pop up ad block part of the Right side of the image? Here they are without the blockage if so...

30anw1w2.jpg

Also, is it just on my computer, or does the Brians Toys pop up ad block part of the Right side of the image?

30anw1w2.jpg

It happened on my computer at work (that I shouldn't be looking at toys on in the first place) but not my computer at home, so I guess it depends.

And yes, that Stalker doesn't scream "Vietnam vet" but I'm guessing there are no Vietnam vets in modern GI Joe. You'll probably want to stick with the 25th one.

Sweet there will be Renagade figures coming out

I hope the put a CC from later in the show where he wears his full face plate

That figure comes with both heads: half and full face plate

That really need to do away with that Stalker figure and get rid of the card art image of him as well. The hair is a joke and the model they picked to sport it, looks NOTHING like what a Vietnam veteran would have been sportin' in 1982.

Er... the modern versions of these characters are no longer Vietnam vets. Stalker and company would be sixty + by now. Just because it's 30th Anniversary doesn't mean it's the same character.

That being said I agree in principle that the dread look doesn't do much for me. I didn't mind the one Resolute version, but I don't really want it to become the norm.

Stalker and company would be sixty + by now. Just because it's 30th Anniversary doesn't mean it's the same character.

Well, I'm sure he's still Lonzo Wilkinson, just stuck in a time warp the way comic book characters and the Simpsons are. I'm sure he's an equally hard @$$ ranger, just a vet of a more recent US tussle. (The face on the box art looks like some sports star...can't put my finger on who...)

That really need to do away with that Stalker figure and get rid of the card art image of him as well. The hair is a joke and the model they picked to sport it, looks NOTHING like what a Vietnam veteran would have been sportin' in 1982.

Er... the modern versions of these characters are no longer Vietnam vets. Stalker and company would be sixty + by now. Just because it's 30th Anniversary doesn't mean it's the same character.

@haha@ Yeah, that wasn't a very good angle or reference to use to make my disdain of Stalkers card art and action figures look. I guess the bottomline is I don't care for the new dreadlocks and the youthful appearance of the character in the card art. Stalker was a more mature character when he was NEW in the 80's and even though this is (apparently) a newer version of him, I think he should still have tenor over the others, as he did before.

That being said I agree in principle that the dread look doesn't do much for me. I didn't mind the one Resolute version, but I don't really want it to become the norm.

Exactly! You've put it much better than what I was attempting to. ;)

The face on the box art looks like some sports star...can't put my finger on who...

Not sure about who the sports star you might be thinking of, but I thought it looked a bit like Boris Kodjoe?

486443138_l.jpg

Just add some dreds of course. ^_^

That really need to do away with that Stalker figure and get rid of the card art image of him as well. The hair is a joke and the model they picked to sport it, looks NOTHING like what a Vietnam veteran would have been sportin' in 1982. Some things work better under modernization attempts, but the dreadlocks for Stalker and some baby faced Black model with a goatee, who looks more like something that should be on a soap opera called the Bold and the Beautiful is not one of them.

Also, is it just on my computer, or does the Brians Toys pop up ad block part of the Right side of the image? Here they are without the blockage if so...

30anw1w2.jpg

Yeah Stalkers card art looks wack!He kind of looks like Ozone from that movie "Brakin"!LOL

Not bad. I may pick some of these up. I'm still pretty set on some of my characters though, so I'll probably pass on guys like Snake Eyes and Duke. I'll give the Stalker a chance since I never got my hands on a Resolute version. I'd be interested in seeing what he looks like in a group pic.

And what's the deal with two different versions of the Cobra Trooper AGAIN. Do we really need a 15th variation of the Cobra Trooper with a three year time span? That is getting old. I'll likely pass on them.

Hazard Viper is OK. I liked the color scheme better as Volcano Viper. I'll be using those instead of buying these.

Really can't tell if I like that Firefly, but I'll give it a shot.

I'd buy the IG stictly for the accessories. Anyone ever wonder why Iron Grenadiers don't have an actual grenadier? Not a single 203 or any other type of grenade launcher for that matter.

I'll have to see CC up close before I decide wether or not I need him.

Steel Brigade is a pick up for me, simply because I haven't been able to get one yet.

Vipers can always be used to flesh out some of the ranks.

And what's the deal with two different versions of the Cobra Trooper AGAIN. Do we really need a 15th variation of the Cobra Trooper with a three year time span? That is getting old. I'll likely pass on them.

I think the only difference (variance) is in the packaging and nothing whatsoever with the figure itself? One packaged Trooper is holding his rifle, the other isn't?

I'm glad to see the Renegades figures are still a go. I kinda liked the toon, and the figures always looked interesting to me in pics.

I'm also glad to be getting another shot at some of those POC Wave 3(?) figures. I found them all in Florida back at the beginning of summer, but I passed on every single one of them. *sigh* I thought I'd find them everywhere later. (lol)

I think the only difference (variance) is in the packaging and nothing whatsoever with the figure itself? One packaged Trooper is holding his rifle, the other isn't?

Yes, these are the same Troopers. They just have a packaging variant just like the Shock Trooper. And ROC Pit Commando

I was thinking he looks like he should be a back-up dancer for Lady Gaga. @lol@

After looking at this pic some more, it occurred to me that we're (once again) getting the same characters in slightly updated molds. Seriously, how many more Cobra Commanders, Dukes, and SEs are we gonna get?

Not to mention, even the Cobra Trooper and Viper are getting old at this point...

I was thinking he looks like he should be a back-up dancer for Lady Gaga. @lol@

@loll@

Nice to see some of the POC figures in the last two waves getting re-released since I never saw them at retail (or at least not the Cobra Trooper, IG or Steel Brigade). As a nice plus to the collectors it means those POC carded figures could be worth a little more some day. Hopefully Hawk and that last CC come out again too.

Anybody know when/how the Variant Croc master and Blowtorch will be released?

Yeah, through this website:

www.ebay.com

@smilepunch@

I'm now thankful for the one and only times I found Hawk, CC, and Crazylegs at retail. Looks like they may be hard to come by (of course, now that I say that, they'll pop up everywhere).