DC Club Infinite Earths: Why are we blowing our chance?

TOYMAN65

That is a nice little write up. I got the DCUC line when it first came out, then there was some horrible distrubtion and they the price hike, I just sold off my DCUC figures and quit, Im a bigger Marvel fan anyway, but if I was still in the line, I would probably get the subscription. I hope for the people that want it, that they can get enough people to sign up for the sub service.

Now it all makes sense. It's almost like that guy was talking to some of the members here.

Wait, what? cjflan32 has been saying all this for a week and a half and all he got was heat from fanboys who don't have a clue how business works?

Oh, well now that a guy who takes pictures of JLU figures in his spare time has written a blog about it the issue now has validity.

• Like 4

This really puts it all into perspective.

http://dchallofjustice.com/news/?p=7346

Wow what a whiney op-ed! Am I supposed to be persuaded by the rehashing of every websites thread on the subject?

I'm actually starting to really enjoy how desperate the sub people are getting. Also, What is the problem with DCUC rebranding? We're still going to get classic characters at retail, so who cares? I won't be able to complete the Metal Men or that other rip off Xmen group? They're so forgettable i can't even remember the name... o yeah Doom Patrol, Yeah I'll be crying over that.

Well I actually believe the sub WILL go through, and i think Mattel is just trying to create anxiety to get a couple more people to join the scam.

What was the point on of seperate thread? Seems like it'll be just like the other.

The Champ has SPOKEN!!

• Like 1

http://dchallofjusti...om/news/?p=7346

Wow what a whiney op-ed! Am I supposed to be persuaded by the rehashing of every websites thread on the subject?

I'm actually starting to really enjoy how desperate the sub people are getting. Also, What is the problem with DCUC rebranding? We're still going to get classic characters at retail, so who cares? I won't be able to complete the Metal Men or that other rip off Xmen group? They're so forgettable i can't even remember the name... o yeah Doom Patrol, Yeah I'll be crying over that.

Well I actually believe the sub WILL go through, and i think Mattel is just trying to create anxiety to get a couple more people to join the scam.

What was the point on of seperate thread? Seems like it'll be just like the other.

The Champ has SPOKEN!!

"How about the fact that the CnC plan is out the window and the height restrictions went with them? Think about that for a second. How much did everyone complain about the height of the Anti Monitor CnC? How many people STILL don't have a complete Giganta? How many people wanted an Atom Smasher but did not want Camo Aquaman? Those problems would be gone. Mattel is trying to give us exactly what we want but no one can clear their head and see past their "Mattel screws everything up" bias."

Sound familiar "Champ?"

You'll also notice "The Champ of selective reading" refuses to admit the DCnU reboot will have a negative effect on this line.

And if/ when it happens I guarantee "The Champ" will be the first one on the crybaby block.

• Like 4

Through all his denial of DC's involvement in this, his inability to explain how the BAF and subscription concepts are unlawful practices, and his numerous lies either through laziness or lack of intelligence, to cap it all off Flounnderr has provided us with this:

I won't be able to complete the Metal Men or that other rip off Xmen group? They're so forgettable i can't even remember the name... o yeah Doom Patrol, Yeah I'll be crying over that.

In other words, "The Champ" is saying "make what I want you to make and sell it the way I want you to sell it or got to hell."

The greatest thing about DCUC was their fondness of going deep into the well. Metal Men. Doom Patrol. The Super Friends. Killer Moth.

mako, you were right when you said we all supposedly adults. Flounnderr just proved he isn't.

• Like 4

Now it all makes sense. It's almost like that guy was talking to some of the members here.

Wait, what? cjflan32 has been saying all this for a week and a half and all he got was heat from fanboys who don't have a clue how business works?

Oh, well now that a guy who takes pictures of JLU figures in his spare time has written a blog about it the issue now has validity.

Maybe that should tell you something. @hmmm@

Yeah, it tells me I was right.

Tell me mako, did you actually read this article or did you just ignore the facts with this guy like you did with me and Jmacq1?

Oh wait, you "went out on a limb" and said the sub was for financial reasons so you're out of that camp. Good call...

• Like 2

Tell me mako, did you actually read this article or did you just ignore the facts with this guy like you did with me and Jmacq1?

Oh wait, you "went out on a limb" and said the sub was for financial reasons so you're out of that camp. Good call...

That depends, did YOU read the article? Or did you just roll in here last week and decide to argue with everyone who expressed an opinion about anything?

Again, opinions are invalid when your facts are wrong. Funny how you still don't want to talk about that.

As for the people I'm arguing with? Maybe you should tell them to stop lying, piling on hypocrisy, and leveling me with real insults. Not a one of you has been able to legitimately (or illegitimately for that matter) prove me wrong. You want to blame Mattel for all your problems regarding DCUC instead of looking at the retailers, the property that granted them the license and, in some instances, your own personal financial situations.

But not you. It took you a while but you finally figured out that Mattel wants to make a profit, which means they need X amount of subscriptions to justify production. Cookies for you.

• Like 2

Maybe that should tell you something. @hmmm@

That depends, did YOU read the article? Or did you just roll in here last week and decide to pick a fight with everyone who expressed an opinion about anything?

Great, mission accomplished. Now let the grown-ups talk. I'm sure Nickelodeon has a forum. They probably have something more your speed to douche about.

Yeah, sometimes i read the comments and laugh...but actually now im not sure if its funny to laugh at his expense. Sometimes i actually feel sad for someone who feels the need to respond line by line to everything.

Still dont understand the need for a new thread... its not like the blog is actually newsworthy.

I also still believe that the sub will happen anyway, and that this is all some pr campaign to pressure fans into a yearly sub.

Regards,

the Champ!

Great, mission accomplished. Now let the grown-ups talk. I'm sure Nickelodeon has a forum. They probably have something more your speed to douche about.

Nice edit job friend!

Tell me, do grown ups say, "WHAAA! He called me a name!" when their arguments get slammed down like you did?

Do grown ups say "Mattel sucks because they make toys I'm not interested in and make me buy them" like Flounnderr?

Do grown ups start insulting and trolling when a person explains to them they made a mistake in their argument like others have done?

I'm right about this and if this re-branding goes the way I think it is I'll be right again.

I'm not alone, I'm just vocal about it. There's like four of you either playing or actually are ignorant about this situation.

Jmacq1 is right once again: Collector's are their own worst enemy.

• Like 2

Yeah, sometimes i read the comments and laugh...but actually now im not sure if its funny to laugh at his expense. Sometimes i actually feel sad for someone who feels the need to respond line by line to everything.

Funny how you don't seem to care about that when others do it to enhance an opinion you agree with. Another hypocrite.

Anyway, you know what's sad? You're the epitome of what I'm talking about. Sorry I have to go line-by-line through people's comments. Unlike some people I try to read them. In your case I'm just astonished that you can say so many lies and ignorant comments in such a small space.

mako, if you're still here, this is what I'm talking about. Flounnderr would rather go after me instead of explaining why Mattel is "scamming" collector's, why he said some figures shouldn't be made because he doesn't care for them, and most importantly, own up to his own lies and ignorance.

• Like 1

http://dchallofjustice.com/news/?p=7346

The Champ has SPOKEN!!

Ummm The Doom Patrol was actually published before X-Men if only by a few months....not really a ripoff of the X-Men....

• Like 1

http://dchallofjusti...om/news/?p=7346

The Champ has SPOKEN!!

Ummm The Doom Patrol was actually published before X-Men if only by a few months....not really a ripoff of the X-Men....

The Doom Patrol debuted in June 1963.

The X-Men debuted in September 1963.

Once again the The Champ has SPOKEN... AND HE STILL DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!

• Like 1

Here's my 2 cent:

I don't Mattel is making fans worrying on purpose with their new subscription plan. Whether you agree or not, the DCUC line looks like it is on its last legs; it is very rare for a toyline to last for a long time without any innovation or reformating of the line. Even the great Transformers line went through a lot of rebrandings.

With that said, I think fans has a legitiment reason to fear. First of all, not all DCUC fans buy every figure made. A lot of us cherry pick. Therefore, a character like The Shade might be what hardcore fans want, the causal fans might skip him. this causes the toy to peg warm the isles, hence hurting toy sales; some places do not restock if their previous shipment doesn't sell out.

Also, the toyline is collector driven, which is quite risky. The DCJLU line lasted as long as it did because of fan demand. However, with poor sales, Mattel has to cancel most of the figures, andput the more in demand figures as either exclusives or online only products.

A subscription would mean that any fan who subscribes is forced to buy every figure made. This is good for the hardcore fans who wants every figure out and is also beneficial for causal fans who want to cherry pick. This also helps Mattel to clear their stocks quicker. However, there is a flaw to this system though. It prevents the nitpicky fans to inspect every figure they want. for casuals, it means that they will not get every figure made, including a figure they really desire - it might end up as a sub exclusive. It also means going online and dealing with Digital River.

Also, regardless of what the Champ says, Mattel have said that they are ending the dCUC line, but that doesn't mean they are ending DC figures that are compatable with the line at retail. I suspect that this means that they are ending the DCUC in favor for their Batman and Young Jusstice 6 inch lines. We might see a DCUC figure here and there at retail, but it might be like how we see MOTU at retail. Do fans really want to buy a two pack of one reissue fig and one new fig?

As for support not matter, anyone recalls how Sota did something similar with the DarkStalkers line? they couldn't get enough preorders, so they cancelled the entire DS line despite having the prototypes already made.

It is all about business. If Mattel cannot make a profit from selling DCUC toys, why would they continue? Even though I am not going to buy a sub for financial reasons, I urge other ppl who are still supporting the line to continue.

• Like 1

Also, regardless of what the Champ says, Mattel have said that they are ending the dCUC line, but that doesn't mean they are ending DC figures that are compatable with the line at retail. I suspect that this means that they are ending the DCUC in favor for their Batman and Young Jusstice 6 inch lines.

From the Hall of Justice blog:

"The new retail line will be a mix of the DCnU and some classic figures but this new subscription program was announced to get collectors the figures we really wanted for our collections. Figures that just wouldn't work out in their new retail program."

Jay C and The Fwoosh reported this as well. From a marketing pov it's brilliant. The reboot is aimed at younger readers and it's logical to tie this in with the comics.

From the collector's pov? This is trash. The overall reaction is resoundingly negative and considering it takes a long time to put together new figures it's a safe bet the first few waves of this "rebranding" will more than likely consist of repacks and quick retools. One of the reasons DCUC is better than Marvel Legends is because they didn't go nuts with Batman and Superman but it's also the reason why it's vanishing from retail stores.

If collector's want to put their faith in this "rebranding" that's fine. But don't expect to see too many collector friendly figures.

• Like 1

Also, regardless of what the Champ says, Mattel have said that they are ending the dCUC line, but that doesn't mean they are ending DC figures that are compatable with the line at retail. I suspect that this means that they are ending the DCUC in favor for their Batman and Young Jusstice 6 inch lines.

From the Hall of Justice blog:

"The new retail line will be a mix of the DCnU and some classic figures but this new subscription program was announced to get collectors the figures we really wanted for our collections. Figures that just wouldn't work out in their new retail program."

Jay C and The Fwoosh reported this as well. From a marketing pov it's brilliant. The reboot is aimed at younger readers and it's logical to tie this in with the comics.

From the collector's pov? This is trash. The overall reaction is resoundingly negative and considering it takes a long time to put together new figures it's a safe bet the first few waves of this "rebranding" will more than likely consist of repacks and quick retools. One of the reasons DCUC is better than Marvel Legends is because they didn't go nuts with Batman and Superman but it's also the reason why it's vanishing from retail stores.

If collector's want to put their faith in this "rebranding" that's fine. But don't expect to see too many collector friendly figures.

Oh, okay. So I am a bit confused. Wave 20 isn't the last wave? It is just a new wave one after that?

Oh, okay. So I am a bit confused. Wave 20 isn't the last wave? It is just a new wave one after that?

Wave 20 is the last wave before this "rebranding" nonsense starts. Though I suspect you'll be able to pick up Batman Legacy and Young Justice figures as well.

• Like 1

Wave 20 is the last wave before this "rebranding" nonsense starts. Though I suspect you'll be able to pick up Batman Legacy and Young Justice figures as well.

Ah. thanks for the clarification; when I first read reports, ppl were saying that they were ending the line at retail. I didn't know they are simply just starting over with the new uni figs. That makes sense in a market stand point since the kids who buy the toys will want to read the comics. Better for them to go to the comicshop and see the comics of their toy chars still being made

• Like 1

Here's my 2 cent:

I don't Mattel is making fans worrying on purpose with their new subscription plan. Whether you agree or not, the DCUC line looks like it is on its last legs; it is very rare for a toyline to last for a long time without any innovation or reformating of the line. Even the great Transformers line went through a lot of rebrandings.

With that said, I think fans has a legitiment reason to fear. First of all, not all DCUC fans buy every figure made. A lot of us cherry pick. Therefore, a character like The Shade might be what hardcore fans want, the causal fans might skip him. this causes the toy to peg warm the isles, hence hurting toy sales; some places do not restock if their previous shipment doesn't sell out.

Also, the toyline is collector driven, which is quite risky. The DCJLU line lasted as long as it did because of fan demand. However, with poor sales, Mattel has to cancel most of the figures, andput the more in demand figures as either exclusives or online only products.

A subscription would mean that any fan who subscribes is forced to buy every figure made. This is good for the hardcore fans who wants every figure out and is also beneficial for causal fans who want to cherry pick. This also helps Mattel to clear their stocks quicker. However, there is a flaw to this system though. It prevents the nitpicky fans to inspect every figure they want. for casuals, it means that they will not get every figure made, including a figure they really desire - it might end up as a sub exclusive. It also means going online and dealing with Digital River.

Also, regardless of what the Champ says, Mattel have said that they are ending the dCUC line, but that doesn't mean they are ending DC figures that are compatable with the line at retail. I suspect that this means that they are ending the DCUC in favor for their Batman and Young Jusstice 6 inch lines. We might see a DCUC figure here and there at retail, but it might be like how we see MOTU at retail. Do fans really want to buy a two pack of one reissue fig and one new fig?

As for support not matter, anyone recalls how Sota did something similar with the DarkStalkers line? they couldn't get enough preorders, so they cancelled the entire DS line despite having the prototypes already made.

It is all about business. If Mattel cannot make a profit from selling DCUC toys, why would they continue? Even though I am not going to buy a sub for financial reasons, I urge other ppl who are still supporting the line to continue.

Hi, I'll start by saying I'm one of those fans who doesn't get all the figures (while I do own a good 60% of the DCUC that have been produced so far) and that I agree with most of what you have said, including that Mattel is first and foremost doing business; heck I also agree that the sub (which I'm not getting) is the only real option for obscure and classic non superman or batman related pre DCnU figures to be delivered to fans, but I also think that hijacking figures like Poison Ivy (who could and should by all accounts have gone in the batman legacy subline) is insulting and a low blow for non-completist who also support the line (even if to a lesser degree than completists).

And before someone says that she could not be offered outside the sub, I'll use Catman as a counter argument. As much as he is a fan favorite I'm willing to bet he has nowhere near the mainstream and general public recognition Poison Ivy has, and if someone says she might not be succesful as a single figure (like power girl) I'll say most bat villains sell well (Harley anyone) or you could even put her in one of the legacy 2 packs alongside any given batman variation and she would be a much easier sell to retailers. I get mattel is desperate to get the people into buying subs, at least they sound like it with "threats" like the poison Ivy one, but this attitude will most likely push away people who are not hardcore completists who might have considered buying one.

So bottom line, while I don't think Mattel should be crucified for trying to get the sub going, I do think their methods are questionable, I also don't think that people against it should get such a bad rap for it.