Henry Cavill In The Superman "Man of Steel" Costume Revealed

JayC

His hair looks stupid with or without the S curl, seriously why does he not have a somewhat modern hair style and avoiding the S curl is terrible. His arms are too short or appear to be. The face is fine for Superman and the buffness is alright but that outfit is terrible. They haven't learned anything. I can't figure this movie out either, why is he fighting in Smallville? Everything I have seen or read about with this movie puts an extremely sour taste in my mouth, people just don't know what to do with these movies AT ALL, then on top of it the stupid movie is being filmed now only to be released in 2013..........STUPID

Just admit you're filled with hatred for anything that's not Christopher Reeve Supes :D

That isn't true, I love of those movies of course but you can't have Chris forever right? I am ready for a new Superman, just one done right. The problem is people seeing problems that don't exist like the need for a costume update or the lack of an S curl. The traditional outfit isn't outdated and neither is the S curl. If a man can run around in spider pajamas then we can have the regular Superman outfit. I am not sorry but Donner just did it right with respect in all areas. Like what was mentioned, do they really need to mute the colors that heavy, or give him that silly outfit?

His hair looks stupid with or without the S curl, seriously why does he not have a somewhat modern hair style and avoiding the S curl is terrible. His arms are too short or appear to be. The face is fine for Superman and the buffness is alright but that outfit is terrible. They haven't learned anything. I can't figure this movie out either, why is he fighting in Smallville? Everything I have seen or read about with this movie puts an extremely sour taste in my mouth, people just don't know what to do with these movies AT ALL, then on top of it the stupid movie is being filmed now only to be released in 2013..........STUPID

Just admit you're filled with hatred for anything that's not Christopher Reeve Supes :D

That isn't true, I love of those movies of course but you can't have Chris forever right? I am ready for a new Superman, just one done right. The problem is people seeing problems that don't exist like the need for a costume update or the lack of an S curl. The traditional outfit isn't outdated and neither is the S curl. If a man can run around in spider pajamas then we can have the regular Superman outfit. I am not sorry but Donner just did it right with respect in all areas. Like what was mentioned, do they really need to mute the colors that heavy, or give him that silly outfit?

I'm quite late to this conversation. We still don't know if this is Superman done right yet. Right now it's the costume we're debating. It's important to note that the Spider-Man 'pajamas' have been updated a bit since he made it to the movies. The most recent costume's sparking it's own debate, though I love it. Still don't know how a kid with little income can put this stuff together, but I can suspend belief a bit.

Batman's gone through several changes himself and the most recent, Dark Knight, is one of my favorites. Why should Superman be restricted from change, too?

It's also important to note that many of my non comic friends that go to the movies think that the classic Superman look is really silly. I don't always agree, but I know the point of the DC reboot and, I suppose, the new looks of heroes in movies like Superman (Green Lantern is a pretty dramatic departure in film) are aimed to reach these new viewers too. Spider-man can get away with pajamas because he's a kid from Queens and no money that decided to accept the responsibility of his great powers, but Superman is a man from the stars and has technology in his Fortress of Solitude that is vastly superior to our own. Why does he need to remain in the tights and briefs momma made from his blankets in the beginning? I'm excited to see this new look in action.

01.jpg

This image makes me want a Slurpee....

is that supposed to be Zod in the black suit?

That's Faora (is that how you spell it), Zod's female accomplice.

There's a debate whether or not the man in pre-CG outfit is Zod.

EDIT: Someone beat me to this.

Check out this video.

http://enewsi.com/ne...90&itemid=20915

This thing looks worse and worse with each new pic shown. It's definitely drifting into Matrix/ X-Men territory with the molded dark look. Maybe stupid kids who don't know any better will like this.

I want to see it in action via a trailer or what not before I make my whole judgment, but I'd be lying if I said I hated it. I don't get the Matrix vibe, but I do feel like this Superman outfit would blend perfectly with the ones the latter heroes in Watchmen wore. That, of course, makes sense because of the director.

Check out this video.

This thing looks worse and worse with each new pic shown. It's definitely drifting into Matrix/ X-Men territory with the molded dark look. Maybe stupid kids who don't know any better will like this.

I want to see it in action via a trailer or what not before I make my whole judgment...

A lot of people say this "I have to wait and see before I can judge.." nonsense. If they trotted out a Superman suit that was pink with bunny ears, some people would still say, "I need to wait and see..." before allowing themselves an honest "Nah. It stinks."

All the action in the world ain't gonna brighten up that dingy blue, grow a pair of red trunks and remove those needless seems.

• Like 1

Check out this video.

I want to see it in action via a trailer or what not before I make my whole judgment...

A lot of people say this "I have to wait and see before I can judge.." nonsense. If they trotted out a Superman suit that was pink with bunny ears, some people would still say, "I need to wait and see..." before allowing themselves an honest "Nah. It stinks."

All the action in the world ain't gonna brighten up that dingy blue, grow a pair of red trunks and remove those needless seems.

To be fair, if the suit was pink with bunny ears I would pass a full judgement it would be highly negative. I cannot help but judge the costume now, but the full one is hard to make until I see it in action and surrounded by the color pallet used throughout the rest of the film. My initial judgement is that I like it... a lot actually, but I'm also a fan of the reboot suits. But at the end of the day an opinion only matters to the ones who share it.

I cannot help but judge the costume now, but the full one is hard to make until I see it in action and surrounded by the color pallet used throughout the rest of the film.

The best super hero designs work regardless of the background context. I never had to look at the Christopher Reeve Superman or the Robert Downey Iron Man and say, "Well, this looks stupid now, but once it's moving around on screen, it'll look really cool!"

• Like 1

A lot of people say this "I have to wait and see before I can judge.." nonsense.

Yeah, what kind of crap is that? I passed on reading a lot of books in my day. I just knew they'd be crappy.

If those books had a picture of Superman on the cover in an unfortunate, ill-conceived and over-thought design with muddy drab coloring, then you probably made a smart choice.

You don't really have to eat dog poop before you can safely allow yourself to confidently state that you don't like the taste of dog poop, do you?

• Like 1

A lot of people say this "I have to wait and see before I can judge.." nonsense.

Yeah, what kind of crap is that? I passed on reading a lot of books in my day. I just knew they'd be crappy.

If those books had a picture of Superman on the cover in an unfortunate, ill-conceived and over-thought design with muddy drab coloring, then you probably made a smart choice.

You don't really have to eat dog poop before you can safely allow yourself to confidently state that you don't like the taste of dog poop, do you?

You know I thought that, too, but then I ate dog poop and found out it tastes an awful lot like rocky road ice cream. I hate rocky road ice cream, though, and therefore did not actually like the taste of dog poop. Everything's full circle now and I've been staring at a computer screen for too long.

Just out of curiosity, do those of you who dislike the movie design dislike the DC Reboot design, too? The colors are not the same between the two, but there are those armor lines, a lack of briefs and the different colored belt.

Also, is it safe to assume that there is no belt at all on the Man of Steel suit or is it simply missing from recent stills like the cape?

Me personally, no I'm not a fan of the DCnU idea. Although some character's new looks don't really alter the characters iconic look completely ie The Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and The Flash... I think that it matters when it comes to Superman and Wonder Woman, because their looks are iconic and timeless. But these are just my opinions, I have no control over what will go on at DC Comics.

P.s. What's with the Flash, and the chin guard?? I guess he must be a "chin toucher", like Robert Barone....

I think there will be no belt... The yellow might be too bright for the rest of the suit...

I hate the muted colors in general, but I really dont get the yellow agenda. Even the reboot Supes has the yellow shield on the back of the cape. And reboot has a prominent red belt...not yellow but at least something there to keep him from looking naked as naked as the movie duds

I think there will be no belt... The yellow might be too bright for the rest of the suit...

I hate the muted colors in general, but I really dont get the yellow agenda. Even the reboot Supes has the yellow shield on the back of the cape. And reboot has a prominent red belt...not yellow but at least something there to keep him from looking naked as naked as the movie duds

It would help the suit from looking like a one piece...

I love this thread, I really do. Im down with this new suit, I don't mind that things had to be changed, like stated earlier, noncomic fans find his outfit to be a little silly. Batman looks cool no matter what era (maybe not so much Adam West era) but Superman... eh. I know I'll get blasted for that, but I am so fine with muted colors and no underwear. Infact, did anyone even bat en eye when Batman stopped wearing his? As long as the spirit of the character is captured and you can look at the screen and say "hey it's Superman" then I am happy. I don't need my X-Men, Batman, Thor, or Captain America to have 100% comic accurate costumes, why should I hold such a high standard for Superman? If anything, I am cutting Superman extra slack since I feel like there is a lot of negativity going into it from fans. I'll admit I am not the biggest Superman fan, but I was a kid that had the pajamas and yes, I did wear my own underoos on the outside, so I am a fan from a young age. I want to see an awesome Superman movie as much as anyone else, so I am still going to reserve final judgement till I see the actual film or atleast some footage and not still shots taken out of context.

In a very rare instance I actually agree with everything Masterjailer has said............this has happened before so lightning does strike twice, or maybe even three times.

He made an awesome point about how when people watch the Superman films, people don't say, "oh man that outfit sure looks outdated" even in the comics people don't say that. It's only in the idea of these ass movies that a few step up with that nonsense.................yo joe...........................Changing his look is stupid and pathetic.

Oh and my reference to Spiderman wasn't a jab at Spiderman. In the Spiderman movies they kept the outfit the same, only changed the texture of the suit and it worked. They didn't try to reinvent the wheel on this one, they simply changed the texture in the suit and the lines on the suit. First they made Superman a metro-homosexual in Superman Returns in the almost the gayest outfit possible, he was two seconds away from putting on lipstick and prancing around to YMCA. Now in this one he looks like a total ass if Thor and the Matrix smacked dead into each other.

Oh and my reference to Spiderman wasn't a jab at Spiderman. In the Spiderman movies they kept the outfit the same, only changed the texture of the suit and it worked. They didn't try to reinvent the wheel on this one, they simply changed the texture in the suit and the lines on the suit. First they made Superman a metro-homosexual in Superman Returns in the almost the gayest outfit possible, he was two seconds away from putting on lipstick and prancing around to YMCA.

HAHA! Well if that's true, then I don't think that the kid was really his... Unless Lois was just a surrogate...

• Like 1

Oh and my reference to Spiderman wasn't a jab at Spiderman. In the Spiderman movies they kept the outfit the same, only changed the texture of the suit and it worked. They didn't try to reinvent the wheel on this one, they simply changed the texture in the suit and the lines on the suit. First they made Superman a metro-homosexual in Superman Returns in the almost the gayest outfit possible, he was two seconds away from putting on lipstick and prancing around to YMCA.

HAHA! Well if that's true, then I don't think that the kid was really his... Unless Lois was just a surrogate...

What really happened

gay_superman_spiderman.jpg

What really happened

Man it doesn't surprise me at all... I'm just glad that Spidey didn't use any webbing, on Supes in that picture....There seems to be a spike, in macho guys coming out...

Just check the you tube videos below...

WARNING! If anyone is offended by crude humor, then please DO NOT watch the you tube clips below.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Now it makes perfect sense why they choose to "whack"...

• Like 1

What really happened

Man it doesn't surprise me at all... I'm just glad that Spidey didn't use any webbing, on Supes in that picture....There seems to be a spike, in macho guys coming out...

Just check the you tube videos below...

WARNING! If anyone is offended by crude humor, then please DO NOT watch the you tube clips below.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Now it makes perfect sense why they choose to "whack"...

Aww man, those were hilarious and nasty at the same time........hahahahha

Oh I must have missed the new pics of pink Superman with bunny ears... wait that ISN'T the case? Well atleast this movie is giving off actual odors... oh wait it's NOT doing that either? Common now, we are not talking about such extreme's.

What's wrong with waiting to see more before making call? If you already know in your head it will suck, that is great! You've got sight beyond sight! If you aren't sure of something right off the bat though, you wait till you have more information before forming an opinion. I'm not a follower and I'm not going to jump on the "I hate Snyder, Superman will suck" band wagon, that's not my bag. A well formed opinion is a good thing, be it an opinion you agree with or not. Is there a chance that Man of Steel will be horrible? You bet! Is there a chance that Man of Steel will be great? You bet! It is ignorant to form opinions based solely on the opinions of others. I'm excited for this movie, moreso then I was for Green Lantern (and I like GL as a character moreso then Superman). I DON'T think the costume looks bad at all. And yes, the color pallet of the main character DOES matter to what the director is visually trying to achieve. Muted colors! Muted! Colors! I am interested to see how it plays out against the usually sunny backdrop of Metropolis.

It's no secret that they are trying to setup this to be a franchise similar to Batman. There are many people with their fingers in the pie, but the film looks to be headed in the dark and brooding direction. Is this the best choice for a character who embodies good and warmth? Eh, maybe not, but you can't hear two notes of a song and decide if it's good or not, and you can't see two brush strokes on a painting and say that it sucks. Film is art, plain and simple. Ask any artist how they feel about showing incomplete work, most will tell you how much they hate it because of judgement calls based on something that isn't complete.