Henry Cavill In The Superman "Man of Steel" Costume Revealed

JayC

I won't repeat the whole thing here, but have any of you watched Kevin Smith talk about his time with Superman and the ridiculous requests of the producer. He kept telling Kevin that he didn't want the costume to be 'gay,' like the costume version and that he had to fight a huge spider. When Superman fell through he went on to produce Wild Wild West. He got his huge spider.

Yeah that was from An Evening with Kevin Smith, right? The guy didn't want Superman to have a cape either, and he didn't want Superman to fly... it was pretty outrageous!

When Superman fell through he went on to produce Wild Wild West. He got his huge spider.

k46s1yvfyeybfves.jpg

Ah, the quiet dignity of the classically trained, Shakespearian actor.

WIKI-WI-WI-WIKI-WI-WILD!

faking an able-bodied actor in a wheelchair while at the same taking a part away from a little person? double-offensive!

@congrats@ Let the healing begin!

I think this is synder more then Nolan ,Nolan is just producer..

If you think Nolan is just sitting around with his hands under his butt you are wrong. Producers actually have more of a hand in this then you might think, after all, they have their own cash invested in the project, and with Nolan's success, I am sure he has his fingers all over the project.

I can't wait to see what Snyder and Nolan come up with. Their films speak for themselves, with the commercial success of the Batman franchise, to the incredibly underrated masterpiece that is Watchmen, I think the film will be enjoyable.

Hm , yeah maybe you are right .

Producers actually have more of a hand in this then you might think, after all, they have their own cash invested in the project, and with Nolan's success, I am sure he has his fingers all over the project.

Here's an example of a moneybag...

rickmccallum-1.jpg

@loll@ Agin you are still a very smart girl.

You can always tell a Marvel fan by their suggestions for DC movies..........Dean Cain really? For all that let's dig up George Reeve's and clone him and have him do Superman, he at least had the stature of Superman, Dean Cain was almost like a parody. The only good thing about that stupid show was Lois and Perry.

Superpowers you make me laugh you're so funny. hahaha

This is NOT Superman! This IS how ever a very cool live action encarnation of Ultra Man. But we all know The Crime Syndicate is not in the picture. So....what oh what is Nolan hideing up his sleeve??? Or, has this debacle gone to far into production that Nolan can't wash his hands of Snyder's cess pool of epic fail??? After the Green Lantern" flame out" i'd think WB would be keeping a much more mindful eye on these directors.

When Superman fell through he went on to produce Wild Wild West. He got his huge spider.

k46s1yvfyeybfves.jpg

Ah, the quiet dignity of the classically trained, Shakespearian actor.

WIKI-WI-WI-WIKI-WI-WILD!

faking an able-bodied actor in a wheelchair while at the same taking a part away from a little person? double-offensive!

@congrats@ Let the healing begin!

He did ended up directing Thor. LOL

This is NOT Superman! This IS how ever a very cool live action encarnation of Ultra Man.

I'm glad someone else has said what I was thinking about this.

I'm underwhelmed. He doesn't really look like Superman to me in this picture, but he's spot-on for Ultraman.

With the blow up picture it confirms how horrible the outfit is and how stupid Henry looks as Superman. Had hopes, I surely did. It seems the more they try to "modernize" they ultimately mean ruin. Seriously he outfit copies Thor's and he looks evil and stumpy.....................

They always have to change things just for the sake of changing them. In superhero movies, it's always the costume. The characters are still dressed in silly, skintight, unrealistic outfits, but they think because they changed the red to maroon or make it all black or add textured material that it's more legit. Kind of annoying.

Hopefully it looks better than it appears in this picture.

As for Cavill as Supes, he appears to have a receding hairline and be on steroids. He doesn't even look like the same guy we saw when it was announced he'd be Superman.

I still need to see more images to really know what I think. This is the only one we have gotten so far, so I will reserve my judgement till I have seen more. I didn't voice my opinion about Batman till we had some more info, and I will do the same here. I am hoping though that Superman will be amazing!

They always have to change things just for the sake of changing them. In superhero movies, it's always the costume. The characters are still dressed in silly, skintight, unrealistic outfits, but they think because they changed the red to maroon or make it all black or add textured material that it's more legit. Kind of annoying.

As for Cavill as Supes, he appears to have a receding hairline and be on steroids. He doesn't even look like the same guy we saw when it was announced he'd be Superman.

You didn't get the memo, red to maroon means 2011 and beyond, red and a simple blue material are so early 1500's fashion

He looks badass & that cape looks epic! Only thing I don't like is the texture being all over his costume. I don't mind it covers the blue area but being all over the red part & his logo seems a little boring. Hopefully they will brighten up the red part too because it looks too much like superman returns. Anyway, I believe in Nolan lol hopefully zack snyder wont ruin the movie like he did with sucker punch. I hope it kicks ass like 300 & watchmen.

• Like 1

You didn't get the memo, red to maroon means 2011 and beyond, red and a simple blue material are so early 1500's fashion

Shame on me for thinking you don't have to change the costume for a movie to be successful! ;)

Plot synopsis from Aintitcoolnews...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50847

"In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question - Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as "Superman," not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves."

Anyone else read Superman: Birthright? Meh. Vegan Superman my ass. "Why am I here?"...I bet we'll be getting a heavy dose of modern mopey emo Supes. Sigh...I miss Pre-crisis Superman...

Where are the trunks.........ahhhhhh that makes me soooooo mad. This isn't Superman, it Ultraman, they literally gave him Ultraman's costume.

earththree1.jpg

You see, Ultraman doesn't have an S curl, Ultraman doesn't wear red trunks, Ultraman wears a body suit, Ultraman has bracelets.

What asshat nuts they are.

• Like 1