Henry Cavill In The Superman "Man of Steel" Costume Revealed

JayC

His costume looks cool to me its just that he doesn't look the part

He looks like a detective dressed in a costume

Are we talking about the actor or the costume? I haven't seen enough pics to really make a call one way or another, if hes right to play the part or not. Man of Steel is looking to be a different Superman movie then we have had so far.

It is a nit pick really.

What is? The costume? The actor?

Both, this is really an adaptation they are going to be difference form the source including the actor not looking like the character in the books.That what I hate about fanboys .If the actor can act and is good in the role I fine with it not really looking like the character in the book.

Too the large audience out there that they want to draw into the theaters the general public know Superman with a certain look.This guy as I said looks like he is going to a costume party he doesn't fit in.

Hell could you imagine if they hired Steve Bushemi to play him? Acting or not Superman should look like he always has looked like..Sure there will tweaks to the suit but the actor should look a certain way

I think the only character out there that can change appearances for people to except without going nuts would be Dr Who

But anyways Henry Cavill is there let him prove me wrong

Maybe but hey it is coming out in two years ,these might be just test shots.

I wonder if they're gonna make Superman a creepy stalker like in the last movie? Floating outside of people's window and what not haha.

I wonder if he's gonna be able to lift a mountain of kryptonite like he did last time?

I wonder if they're gonna have thap sappy love mess in the movie between him and Lois?

I wish James Cameron and Micheal Bay were doing this movie. Then the special effects and explosions would be awesome! haha but they're not so it's probably gonna suck. :( sad face

I've lowered my expectations to ZERO so it's any good I'll be pleased. :)

Wow you are seriously crazy if you want a Micheal Bay Superman,Transformers is awful.

I saw a close-up at Cool Toy Review. He looks like the evil Superman from Superman III. Apologies if that's a repeat of someone else.

One thing that bothers me is this interest in seeing a "brawling" Superman. I'd hate for this to be all action with no substance.

Another thing that irks me is there seems to be no Luthor in this film. Personally I think he's too important not to have at least a presence.

I saw a close-up at Cool Toy Review. He looks like the evil Superman from Superman III. Apologies if that's a repeat of someone else.

One thing that bothers me is this interest in seeing a "brawling" Superman. I'd hate for this to be all action with no substance.

Another thing that irks me is there seems to be no Luthor in this film. Personally I think he's too important not to have at least a presence.

That is the fault of the fanboys they wanted Superman to hit people and they also got sick and tired of lex luthor being in every movie with his whole real estate skim.Even thought the get what they want ,some still nit pick on certain things.

Also yes t his is the internet but people focus on the trival but it get way to overblown.

Welcome to the forum! Where people can exchange idea's and thoughts, and believe it or not, they won't always be positive and will most likely be very trivial.

Also are you really going to tell Toysniper to shut up just because he has a different opinion? Or are you just padding your post numbers? You seem to have pretty thin skin, first a superman wheelchair joke was over the line, and now toysniper saying the movie is going to suck is over the line. Should we all just only post positive things you agree with?

@smilepunch@ yeah ,really I like when someone says something will suck without seeing it.Also people over the age of 18 should not use the word suck.

If he said ,I do not think I will like this movie and he is gone then I would be fine but he keeps on saying it and saying it.

Welcome to the forum! Where people can exchange idea's and thoughts, and believe it or not, they won't always be positive and will most likely be very trivial.

Best quote ever to use in defense from those complaining about complaining! (Have your daily dose of Irony!)

@loll@ You are a very smart girl.

Best quote ever to use in defense from those complaining about complaining! (Have your daily dose of Irony!)

featofstrength, YOU JUST GOT F'd IN THE A!

YouGotFdintheA01.jpg

featofstrength, YOU JUST GOT F'd IN THE A!

YouGotFdintheA01.jpg

THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK...TIL I GIVE EM THIS!

i GOTTA DANCE BACK!

Also yes t his is the internet but people focus on the trival but it get way to overblown.

Also are you really going to tell Toysniper to shut up just because he has a different opinion? Or are you just padding your post numbers? You seem to have pretty thin skin, first a superman wheelchair joke was over the line, and now toysniper saying the movie is going to suck is over the line. Should we all just only post positive things you agree with?

Thanks for having my back Plank, I just ignore silly people because everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how rude and simple they choose to conduct themselves. :)

P.S. It's gonna be a deplorable theatrical event! Is that better? hahaha :P @poke2@ @lol@

• Like 1

Thanks for having my back Plank, I just ignore silly people because everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how rude and simple they choose to conduct themselves. :)

P.S. It's gonna be a deplorable theatrical event! Is that better? hahaha :P @poke2@ @lol@

@hmmm@

I'm very excited about this movie. I usually like Zack's movies and with Nolan in it, it should be good. You guys shouldnt bash his movies like everyone else does. But hey, I'm a demon for slow-motion. Remember Watchmen? Zach directed that and I loved that movie! SuckerPunch? Had good fights, but everything else was kinda a hit miss. Now if it could be something like Watchmen and Suckerpunch, 300, etc. combined, that would be so awesome. I'm trying to look on the brighter side of things. Although I do think he looks toned down, and in that perspective he looks like he had frankenstine hair, but I'm still excited. I dont have high or low hopes for this movie, but I'm eagar to see it.

• Like 2

I don't know what I am seeing I don't like. Of course it is only one still shot but that doesn't mean that what you see hear will be good, remember the reveal for Superman Returns, turns out what you see (horribly) turns out to be true for the movie.

1. From what I can see of his head, he doesn't look very Superman to me. He does look evil and is missing the S curl...not cool at all

2. Buff arms but he looks scrawny, tiny legs

3. Outfit is too dark, Superman has no elements that are dark enough to pull off the dark or muted colors

4. Don't like the cape, it seems CGI and too big, Superman never needs a CGI cape, it never works or looks real. Physical or material special effects aren't bad, put some mechanics in the cape and make it move how you like it .

I come back from a horrid vacation only to deal with this garbage....ugh

I was wondering why you didn't jump right on this thread when it started.

I was expecting more criticism from you so that I could pick it apart, "garbage" seems tame for some reason. It is, after all not Christopher Reeve @smilepunch@

• Like 1

I was wondering why you didn't jump right on this thread when it started.

I was expecting more criticism from you so that I could pick it apart, "garbage" seems tame for some reason. It is, after all not Christopher Reeve @smilepunch@

Yup I was on vacation and had a horrible time, only to come home to a horrible still shot of Superman. Modern movie making as many abilities we never had before yet at the same time are hampered with this new style of movie making that isn't so good or universal. Actually the whole leather/latex look will become as dated as the fashion of the 70's. Seriously Superman has to have integrity as a character and in how he is placed on screen. When they revealed Chris Reeve you knew it was serious business, I don't know how to take this except for he looks like a mobster dressed as Superman, better yet he looks like Ultraman.

Heck does anyone know what Dean Caine is doing? I'd rather see him as Supes than this guy. hahaha I hope they have better stuff instore for the future.

You can always tell a Marvel fan by their suggestions for DC movies..........Dean Cain really? For all that let's dig up George Reeve's and clone him and have him do Superman, he at least had the stature of Superman, Dean Cain was almost like a parody. The only good thing about that stupid show was Lois and Perry.

I like the look of the costume and I think the cape looks fantastic. I've always been a fan of Superman's cape looking huge in the shoulder area and billowing out in comics and animation. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Superman in The Batman. Still curious about the briefs and the belt. I personally don't care if he has briefs or not. Also really like the huge 'S'. All in all, the picture is taken in a very dark setting which could explain the costume's darkness. Maybe it would look different if he was, say, flying in a brightly lit setting outside.

Can't wait to see more.

• Like 1

I think this is synder more then Nolan ,Nolan is just producer..

If you think Nolan is just sitting around with his hands under his butt you are wrong. Producers actually have more of a hand in this then you might think, after all, they have their own cash invested in the project, and with Nolan's success, I am sure he has his fingers all over the project.

I can't wait to see what Snyder and Nolan come up with. Their films speak for themselves, with the commercial success of the Batman franchise, to the incredibly underrated masterpiece that is Watchmen, I think the film will be enjoyable.

I think this is synder more then Nolan ,Nolan is just producer..

If you think Nolan is just sitting around with his hands under his butt you are wrong. Producers actually have more of a hand in this then you might think, after all, they have their own cash invested in the project, and with Nolan's success, I am sure he has his fingers all over the project.

I can't wait to see what Snyder and Nolan come up with. Their films speak for themselves, with the commercial success of the Batman franchise, to the incredibly underrated masterpiece that is Watchmen, I think the film will be enjoyable.

I won't repeat the whole thing here, but have any of you watched Kevin Smith talk about his time with Superman and the ridiculous requests of the producer. He kept telling Kevin that he didn't want the costume to be 'gay,' like the costume version and that he had to fight a huge spider. When Superman fell through he went on to produce Wild Wild West. He got his huge spider.