Henry Cavill In The Superman "Man of Steel" Costume Revealed

JayC

You know, that's funny, because when I first saw the picture I was thinking Bill Paxton.

chris%20isaak2.jpg

Ah man I wish the Chris Isaak show was still on ,even thought I am a metalhead I did enjoy that show.

Let's just face it now,.....SUPERMAN's gonna suuuuuuck!!!

We all just need to buy some Deloreans and go back in time to enjoy the opening days of Superman and SupermanII. Those will be the only good Superman movies we'll experience in our lifetimes.

We all just need to buy some Deloreans and go back in time to enjoy the opening days of Superman and SupermanII. Those will be the only good Superman movies we'll experience in our lifetimes.

DUDE SHUT UP IT IS GOING TO BE GOOD OK

• Like 1

Except for the Superman II part. That movie is awful. Anybody who says different has the rose colored nostalgia glasses on.

Let´s face it!!! He´s an alien, and it´s a live action movie set in the real world, would you think Superman would use just tights?? I see this as an "alien tech" suit,or formal kryptionian battle suit, as Vegeta once said in a movie when he was asked why he was always dressed like that.

I like the costume, I wish it was a bit brighter though, and I hope they just ditched the underpants, element which worked well in the early days, but became a mocking motive later. Superman deserves some respect. Oh, and they ditched the curly S, finally!!!

I would imagine that the new Superman will look like however DC is rebooting him to look in the comics.

Which is a dumb idea because Billions know his origional way nit a rebooted way

Yes and no. The new costume isn't incredibly different so that you wouldn't know that it was Superman. The idea, more or less, is that they want people to be able to go and see the movie, then be able to buy the comic book and it be close to what they just saw. Just a way to drive the sales. I could be totally wrong and it may be the classic look we all know and love.

I would imagine that the new Superman will look like however DC is rebooting him to look in the comics.

Which is a dumb idea because Billions know his origional way nit a rebooted way

Yes and no. The new costume isn't incredibly different so that you wouldn't know that it was Superman. The idea, more or less, is that they want people to be able to go and see the movie, then be able to buy the comic book and it be close to what they just saw. Just a way to drive the sales. I could be totally wrong and it may be the classic look we all know and love.

His costume looks cool to me its just that he doesn't look the part

He looks like a detective dressed in a costume

Are we talking about the actor or the costume? I haven't seen enough pics to really make a call one way or another, if hes right to play the part or not. Man of Steel is looking to be a different Superman movie then we have had so far.

Are we talking about the actor or the costume? I haven't seen enough pics to really make a call one way or another, if hes right to play the part or not. Man of Steel is looking to be a different Superman movie then we have had so far.

It is a nit pick really.

It is a nit pick really.

What is? The costume? The actor?

It is a nit pick really.

Both, this is really an adaptation they are going to be difference form the source including the actor not looking like the character in the books.That what I hate about fanboys .If the actor can act and is good in the role I fine with it not really looking like the character in the book.

Both, this is really an adaptation they are going to be difference form the source including the actor not looking like the character in the books.That what I hate about fanboys .If the actor can act and is good in the role I fine with it not really looking like the character in the book.

Would you be fine with a Superman with Blond hair? We all realize it is an adaptation, and no, he doesn't need to look like him exactily (there have been countless interpretations for what Clark/Superman's face looks like from thousands of artists) It's not easy taking something drawn and bringing 3D real life into it. Nobody expects it to be exactily like the comic beat for beat, but there are certain aspects of Superman that are universal (the hair color, the costume, etc) You can look at the picture and say "Hey, that is Superman" and that is good enough for me.

I agree that to pick apart the actors looks and costume are trivial, but hey, this is the internet, where the most trivial things, are the most important!

Superman with blonde hair? isn't that the Sentry? HAHA

Did I mention the Man of Steal is gonna suck? Yes I said Man of "Steal' because he's gonna steal all of your money with another disappointing movie! Except SuperPowers 'cause he gets to see movies for free. haha

Superman with blonde hair? isn't that the Sentry? HAHA

Did I mention the Man of Steal is gonna suck? Yes I said Man of "Steal' because he's gonna steal all of your money with another disappointing movie! Except SuperPowers 'cause he gets to see movies for free. haha

AGAIN SHUT UP.

• Like 1

Would you be fine with a Superman with Blond hair? We all realize it is an adaptation, and no, he doesn't need to look like him exactily (there have been countless interpretations for what Clark/Superman's face looks like from thousands of artists) It's not easy taking something drawn and bringing 3D real life into it. Nobody expects it to be exactily like the comic beat for beat, but there are certain aspects of Superman that are universal (the hair color, the costume, etc) You can look at the picture and say "Hey, that is Superman" and that is good enough for me.

I agree that to pick apart the actors looks and costume are trivial, but hey, this is the internet, where the most trivial things, are the most important!

Sure but what if it is a good film anyway,because really if there is a few esense oft the character is there fine .Also yes t his is the internet but people focus on the trival but it get way to overblown.

Also yes t his is the internet but people focus on the trival but it get way to overblown.

Welcome to the forum! Where people can exchange idea's and thoughts, and believe it or not, they won't always be positive and will most likely be very trivial.

Also are you really going to tell Toysniper to shut up just because he has a different opinion? Or are you just padding your post numbers? You seem to have pretty thin skin, first a superman wheelchair joke was over the line, and now toysniper saying the movie is going to suck is over the line. Should we all just only post positive things you agree with?

• Like 1

The actor, the costume looks cool the actor looks like some guy who threw it of for a costume party

It is a nit pick really.

Too the large audience out there that they want to draw into the theaters the general public know Superman with a certain look.This guy as I said looks like he is going to a costume party he doesn't fit in.

Hell could you imagine if they hired Steve Bushemi to play him? Acting or not Superman should look like he always has looked like..Sure there will tweaks to the suit but the actor should look a certain way

I think the only character out there that can change appearances for people to except without going nuts would be Dr Who

But anyways Henry Cavill is there let him prove me wrong

I wonder if they're gonna make Superman a creepy stalker like in the last movie? Floating outside of people's window and what not haha.

I wonder if he's gonna be able to lift a mountain of kryptonite like he did last time?

I wonder if they're gonna have thap sappy love mess in the movie between him and Lois?

I wish James Cameron and Micheal Bay were doing this movie. Then the special effects and explosions would be awesome! haha but they're not so it's probably gonna suck. :( sad face

I've lowered my expectations to ZERO so it's any good I'll be pleased. :)

• Like 1