I Scratched One Thing Off My Bucket List This Weekend!

DarthJoe

For those of you who don't know, I've been a pretty big Soundgarden fan for quite a few years. Unfortunately, by the time I was old enough to start venturing off on my own to see concerts and whatnot, Soundgarden had stopped playing live, and eventually broke up. About a year ago, they reunited, and this weekend, they played at the Gorge Amphitheater in Washington, and I got to go!

It was my first trip to the Gorge, and for those of you who've never been there before, I suggest trying to see a concert there, as the setting is absolutely amazing. Here are a few pics I took:

262986_2265142510490_1306344989_32725563_7024075_n.jpg

251401_2267072838747_1306344989_32728797_6447382_n.jpg

The show was sold out, and other than the scorching sun (91 degrees that day) and lack of shade, it was a great concert for the most part. Soundgarden was on point, and Cornell's voice sounded as good as it did twenty years ago, IMO. They played for over two hours, including a three song encore.

Meat Puppets, Mastadon, and Queens of the Stone Age opened for them. QotSA is another band I've wanted to see live, so getting to see them with Soundgarden was like an added bonus. I could have done without Mastadon...sitting through their hour set was akin to getting punched in the face about 100 times...but I guess some people enjoy that type of thing. @lol@

The highlight of the weekend (aside from the concert) was at the campground we stayed at. When we were standing in line for the showers on Saturday morning, there was a little boy around four years old in front of us with his mom. He was a few feet away from her, pointing at a pile of dog cr@p, repeatedly asking "Mom! What's this?" His mom was ignoring him, and after repeating himself a bunch of times, he took it upon himself to investigate by sticking his index finger right down the middle of the pile of poop, and instantly pulled it back out...staring at his finger in disgust. About this same time, his mom took notice of what he was doing, and grabbed his wrist before he could put his finger up to his face, while the little boy kept saying "What is that mom? I've never seen that before." @loll@

All in all, it was an awesome weekend, and I got to see one of my all-time favorite bands play in their home state. :)

I thought you were talking about receiving. Haha

I know you were drunk that night, but you helped me scratch that off my list about eight years back...remember? @smilepunch@

Cool. I haven't gotten my bucket list together yet. Now I will have to.

Well, I don't really have an actual bucket list, but seeing Soundgarden live was one thing I wanted to do before I died. :P

I also scratched one off my bucket list this weekend. The triple kiss.

In a nutshell: bar, beer, bride's maids looking for party bus money, $5.

Between me and my two friends, two of us went for it, the other tried to convince us that we just threw our $5 away. Neither of us regreted it.

Between me and my two friends, two of us went for it, the other tried to convince us that we just threw our $5 away. Neither of us regreted it.

So, if I'm reading this right, you paid one of the bride's maids $5 to do a 3-way kiss with you and your buddy? @smilepunch@ @loll@

So, if I'm reading this right, you paid one of the bride's maids $5 to do a 3-way kiss with you and your buddy? @smilepunch@ @loll@

LOL! No. Two chicks made out with my buddy, then they went for me. They scored $10 total. One was pretty hot, the other so-so.

Typing all this out seems wrong....so wrong.... @loll@

Awww the old triple kiss! I've gotten to do that a few times, congrats man! Ive done that with my wife and two different friends of hers before, it was really awesome, but kinda wish it had been with someone I didn't care about, just because I wouldn't have been worried about hurt feelings later. Still, it always brings a smile to my face.

Congrats DarthJoe! I know how exciting it can be to see a band that you still love from a long time ago that nobody else finds relevant. Looks like it was a good time!

Hmmm. Now there's something I can add to my bucket list. Of course, it would have to be the last thing I do before I die, because if my wife found out, she'd kill me. @loll@

Maybe it's on her list too...

And you have officially become my new best friend with that comment.

A man can hope. He can hope. @loll@

Hmmm. Now there's something I can add to my bucket list. Of course, it would have to be the last thing I do before I die, because if my wife found out, she'd kill me. @loll@

Maybe it's on her list too...

And you have officially become my new best friend with that comment.

A man can hope. He can hope. @loll@

Hey man, they like to get down too, it just takes a little alcohol sometimes