SDCC Stuff!!

ironspiderman

Hey, I know this seems a little late (or odd), but I'm just starting to get my SDCC figures in the mail! I didnt want to start this until I could actually contribute. So...

... I just got my Swampthing in the mail!

DSCF4029-2.jpg

DSCF4031.jpg

DSCF4035.jpg

So you guys should post pics of anything cool you got from SDCC!!

I got my SwampThing and DCDirect Zoom in the mail today. Swampy is much bigger than I expected. The verdict is still out on his 'realfeel' skin. I still say it disintegrates in a couple years. I'm amazed at how much wasted space in the packaging there was.

Now that we're getting Zoom in DCUC, I don't know if I'll open this one. The sneering facesculpt is awesome though.

I got my SwampThing and DCDirect Zoom in the mail today. Swampy is much bigger than I expected. The verdict is still out on his 'realfeel' skin. I still say it disintegrates in a couple years. I'm amazed at how much wasted space in the packaging there was.

Now that we're getting Zoom in DCUC, I don't know if I'll open this one. The sneering facesculpt is awesome though.

Hes a lot bigger than I thought he would be. I thought he'd be just has big as the CnC Bane. The skin wont hold out for too long. Maybe if I dont touch it at all... but I love playing with him! :P

I'm still on the fence if I'm getting Zoom or not. I'm holding back because of the DCUC one, but I do love his face! I'll probably buy him and keep him moc aswell.

well so much for a swampthing vs mossman 2pk idea

Would've loved that!!

And Gruntcast, That Lion-o behind Swampthing looks amazing! I totally want one of those! You should post pics of him. Is the SDCC one worth it, or should I just get the normal TRU one?

Cool looking figure!

Dont know much about the character...whats the little pink hand thing?

Cool looking figure!

I dont know much about the character either and I'm not sure what the little guys are.

I do remember the old tv show! One of the reasons why I got him :)

cool figure but i wont get him because of the skin. i could have lived with the size but the skin will break even if you dont touch it. dust is that makes it dry and he will change his colors. i pass. i so wanted one. maybe dc direct will do one later on. we will see. i cant even look at my lotr troll from toybiz :-((

• Like 1

Cool looking figure!

I dont know much about the character either and I'm not sure what the little guys are.

Apparently they are called Un-Men and first appeared in the first two issues of Swamp Thing.

Cranius and Ophidian are their names.

Cool looking figure!

Apparently they are called Un-Men and first appeared in the first two issues of Swamp Thing.

Cranius and Ophidian are their names.

I new they where called Un-Men, but that was about it. Thanks though, I should read those issues!

Well I got my 2nd SDCC figure in the mall today!!

New ML THOR!!!

mms_picture-1.jpg

DSCF4035-1.jpg

All my 6inch Thors.

DSCF4036.jpg

DCUC Scale.

DSCF4038.jpg

I Really like him. Cant wat for the new ML's.

I ordered Swamp Thing but it feels like a waste, I will never open him but I feel I have to have him for the collection. I could of done with Stay Puff and Captain Glenn.

Honestly, I'm more a fan of the Swamp Thing movies and tv show (at least the season with Kari Wuhrer @luv@ ), than I am the earth elemental, guardian of the green, whatever-he-is-this-week version from the comics.

Still, I'd have bought him in a second if it weren't for him being so d@#& big. The body itself seems to be off to. I can't even really describe it, it just seems stiff and featurless. It kinda reminds me of the Swampy-suit from the first movie. Not exactly a winner asthetically, but that's just me.

Maybe Matty or even DCD will sign off on a better scaled/designed version at some point. Until then, the role of Swamp Thing on my shelf will be played by Mr. Ted Sallis.

I agree, I liked the movies as a kid and had some of the toys. He is wayyy out of scale like you mentioned, another factor in the reason why I will never open him. I don't understand why they continue to complain about not being able to make 12 inch BAF but waste so much plastic on making figures who shouldn't be so big (Swamp Thing, Kilowog, Grundy) and leaving us with scale issues in our collection.

I am not much of a fan of the sculpt either, I can seriously do without. I like you prefer the idea of ST from the movie, when you start getting into the whole elemental thing is kind of "off" to me..........seriously he had chemicals thrown on him and fell into the swamp.

The movie and old tv show is the reason why I bought my Swampthing. Never read an issue of him and pretty much the only time I've read something with him in it was in Blackest Night. I think the toys cool looking and since I have him not placed with my DCUC figures, the scale doesnt bother me at all. Overall, I'm glad I bought him, so I guess thats what matters to me :)

I really appreciate Mattel's passion with the packaging designs of exclusives. The Swampthing figure is part of DCUC but the figure itself, packing all stands out greatly from the standard figures. It really is an exclusive.

P1040299.jpg

P1040301.jpg

P1040302.jpg

P1040305.jpg

P1040306.jpg

I really love the way Swampthing was put in there. A lot of extra space in the main box, but its still awesome.

I just got my Voltron in the mail!!! :D

DSCF4039.jpg

Pretty sweet.

DSCF4041.jpg

With DCUC.

DSCF4044.jpg

Where he is for now.

DSCF4047.jpg

I really like him, but he was a b!@#h to take out of the box. Besides that, I cant go wrong with one of my favorite tv shows as a kid.

Now I'm just waiting for Kilowog and Stay Puft!

Voltron looks pretty cool but I really didn't have much use for his scale. I was really amazed by the 23" tall Voltron displayed but then again, don't have the money for it.

I ordered Swamp Thing but it feels like a waste, I will never open him but I feel I have to have him for the collection. I could of done with Stay Puff and Captain Glenn.

Honestly, I'm more a fan of the Swamp Thing movies and tv show (at least the season with Kari Wuhrer @luv@ ), than I am the earth elemental, guardian of the green, whatever-he-is-this-week version from the comics.

Still, I'd have bought him in a second if it weren't for him being so d@#& big. The body itself seems to be off to. I can't even really describe it, it just seems stiff and featurless. It kinda reminds me of the Swampy-suit from the first movie. Not exactly a winner asthetically, but that's just me.

Maybe Matty or even DCD will sign off on a better scaled/designed version at some point. Until then, the role of Swamp Thing on my shelf will be played by Mr. Ted Sallis.

I agree, I liked the movies as a kid and had some of the toys. He is wayyy out of scale like you mentioned, another factor in the reason why I will never open him. I don't understand why they continue to complain about not being able to make 12 inch BAF but waste so much plastic on making figures who shouldn't be so big (Swamp Thing, Kilowog, Grundy) and leaving us with scale issues in our collection.

I am not much of a fan of the sculpt either, I can seriously do without. I like you prefer the idea of ST from the movie, when you start getting into the whole elemental thing is kind of "off" to me..........seriously he had chemicals thrown on him and fell into the swamp.

I think they tried to have Swampthing the size of how he will appear in the new comics. Mattel do work closely with DC Comics.

I'm not too concerned with the size. It works better for my display since the taller guys can stay at the back and still be able to see them.

Open you Swampthing man, you can always pack him back inside the box.

I know this is the DC forum, but zounds, the size of Thor is massive. He's on par with the 7 inch scale Marvel Select figure and dwarfs both the Toy Biz and Hasbro Legends Thors. Wonder if the rest of the reboot will follow suit.

And, looking at Swamp Thing, making the figures gigantic was a multi-company endeavor for the con exclusives.

I know this is the DC forum, but zounds, the size of Thor is massive. He's on par with the 7 inch scale Marvel Select figure and dwarfs both the Toy Biz and Hasbro Legends Thors. Wonder if the rest of the reboot will follow suit.

And, looking at Swamp Thing, making the figures gigantic was a multi-company endeavor for the con exclusives.

I love the size of the Thor. It caught me be surprise when I opened the box. I love the huge con exclusives. I cant wait for Stay Puft!!

Well, I got my last SDCC figure, besides Stay Puft, for awhile...

...Movie Masters Kilowog!!

DSCF4060.jpg

DSCF4064.jpg

Here he is with the CnC.

DSCF4065.jpg

With Hal"s.

DSCF4068.jpg

Hes huge!!! Hes not in movie scale it looks like. Hes got a head or two on the moive one, but he looks really cool with all the others on display. I'll post a pic later on.

I gotta say, out of all my SDCC 2011 figures so far, Voltron is my favorite. I'm gettign Stay Puft and the Gort mask Pred eventually, so maybe it'll change. For now though, Voltron all the way! :D

DSCF4070.jpg