Joe Mazzello Joins The Ranks Of G.I. Joe 2

Wheeljack35

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Joe-Mazzello-Joins-The-Ranks-Of-G-I-Joe-2-25917.html

Joe_Mazzello_25917.jpg

In some ways you have to feel sorry for Joe Mazzello. Sure, he is one of the few child actors to successfully make a career in the profession, but even if he only makes movies as good as The Social Network and television shows as good as The Pacific for the rest of his life we will always recognize him first as the talktative little Tim from Jurassic Park. But perhaps I'm not giving him enough credit. Maybe he's gearing up for a role that will change how everyone in the world sees him. Maybe that role will be in G.I. Joe 2.

Deadline has learned that Mazzello has signed on to play Mouse in the Jon Chu-directed sequel to the 2009 summer blockbuster. The character originated as a part of the Sgt. Savage and Screaming Eagles series and, according to What's Playing earlier this month, it's "a huge role for a young up-and-comer." The film also stars Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Lee Byung-hun, who will be the only three returning from the first film, and newcomers to the series include Ray Stevenson, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Elodie Yung, RZA and D.J. Cotrona. G.I. Joe 2 is scheduled to begin filming later this summer and is on track to hi theaters on August 10, 2012.

While I doubt that this is the chance for Mazzello to earn his first Academy Award nomination, I will laugh so incredibly hard if this movie turns him into the next big action star. Seriously: if Adrien Brody did it in Predators, why can't he? Still, I'm not sure anything will make me forget "vegesaurus" or how far he flew off of that electric fence. Classic.

I think I like this. Of course, he's not that little kid from JP anymore...

4941047_339951t.jpg

but he couldn't do any worse than Joseph Gordon Levitt as Cobra Commander.

we will always recognize him first as the talktative little Tim from Jurassic Park.

"Recognize" may be the wrong word. I saw JP 20 years ago just like everyone else and I still didn't know who he was. Now he will play a Joe that we've never seen before this movie...

Oh well, it neither strengthens or diminishes my hopes for GI Joe 2.

Wasn't there a recruit named mouse that was killed in action in the comic series. I can't remember which one in the marvel run though, somewhere between 89 and 106. I think there were two story lines about new recruits and i think out of maybe six recruits only one or two survived.

Wasn't there a recruit named mouse that was killed in action in the comic series. I can't remember which one in the marvel run though, somewhere between 89 and 106. I think there were two story lines about new recruits and i think out of maybe six recruits only one or two survived.

are thinking of mangler?

Had you not mentioned that he was the kid from JP, I never would have known. I would have thought him to be just another no namer. Which really, he's barely above that now. However....

I have an idea about where this character might be going, though. Maybe not so much a mouse, but more like a Rat. @hmmm@