Refresh, Refresh, Refresh

RobbieDigital

Didn't they say we were going to see Sgt. Slaughter again at some point? Its been over a year now and I haven't seen any plans to get a Sarge anytime soon? (I have one from last years con that I got off ebay, but still) I don't trust Hasbro when they say we'll see a figure again.

Didn't they say we were going to see Sgt. Slaughter again at some point? Its been over a year now and I haven't seen any plans to get a Sarge anytime soon? (I have one from last years con that I got off ebay, but still) I don't trust Hasbro when they say we'll see a figure again.

Like Zaranna...the rumor is that Hasbro doesn't feel a Sgt Slaughter will sell well enough at retail, but just well enough to sell off an entire short production run for a Con exclusive? @haha@ It's very hard to figure out what's rumor and what's fact. I couldn't even snag a Build & Brawl Slaughter figure, let alone the high priced Con versions, and yet Slaughter has always recieved a lot of negative feedback from many fans as being either extremely hated or somewhat loved. Either way...he was quickly scooped up buy SOMEONE?

After reading through this thread, I'm glad I didn't want Zarana and don't have room for the Skystriker.

I get fed up enough dealing with mattycollector...I probably would've had a broken laptop if I had to go through what some of you did with hasbrotoyshop to try to get these exclusives. @lol@

After reading through this thread, I'm glad I didn't want Zarana and don't have room for the Skystriker.

I get fed up enough dealing with mattycollector...I probably would've had a broken laptop if I had to go through what some of you did with hasbrotoyshop to try to get these exclusives. @lol@

True, but it would still have been easier than trying to go to San Diego and get them that way.

As for the belief that these won't sell at retail, I can imagine with Hasbro's horrible case distribution, they'd probably pack whole cases of Zarana and then blame the full pegs of her on the fact that women figures don't sell.

And that idea that the women figures don't sell is pure crap to me. It's more like crappy figures that just so happen to be women don't sell very well. I've rarely seen a decent looking female figure. And the ones that I have seen have sold just as well, if not better than other male figures. And I don't think this line of thinking is a good basis for designing future figures anyway. Here's a clue: Duke, Destro, and 40 different variations of Snake Eyes don't sell very well, but that doesn't stop Hasbro from throwing them in every wave over and over.

Here's a clue: Duke, Destro, and 40 different variations of Snake Eyes don't sell very well, but that doesn't stop Hasbro from throwing them in every wave over and over.

Here's to betting all future GI Joe lines will have at least 3 versions of all of the characters you listed too, along with Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander. @lol@

Like Zaranna...the rumor is that Hasbro doesn't feel a Sgt Slaughter will sell well enough at retail, but just well enough to sell off an entire short production run for a Con exclusive? @haha@ It's very hard to figure out what's rumor and what's fact. I couldn't even snag a Build & Brawl Slaughter figure, let alone the high priced Con versions, and yet Slaughter has always recieved a lot of negative feedback from many fans as being either extremely hated or somewhat loved. Either way...he was quickly scooped up buy SOMEONE?

No. Hasbro has flat out said they will never be able to do more Sgt Slaughters.

They've made no claims yet about Zarana at all though I bet we'll see lots of questions on this next round of Q/As.

No. Hasbro has flat out said they will never be able to do more Sgt Slaughters.

Maybe if the real sergeant's contract ends with WWE you will, but don't hold your breath.

Yeah, I'm sure the real Sarge is going to do everything he can to keep that WWE contract going. That's his golden ticket. I hate it that it means we won't be getting a Sarge, but I guess I can live with it since his sculpt was far too realistic this time around. I wanted muscle bound Sarge, not tubby Sarge.

well i had some defaculties wiyh my computer but after it was all said and done i was able to get a starscream sky striker and it arrived today. i was upset though i thought the decals were already supposed to be on the vehicle so now i have to do that it'll take awhile if i screw them up no replacements!