Refresh, Refresh, Refresh

RobbieDigital

That is a long email just to say "tough sh*t"

Yep. And like I said earlier, why should Hasbro care? All they know is that they sold everything they produced. Who cares if some collectors didn't get what they wanted?

I still can't believe that something so ordinary as Ultimate Optimus Prime sold out. It's the same toy that's going to be sold in stores, only in different packaging. At least the Transformers Prime preview toy has very unique packaging and a different paint job from the one that will be sold at retail.

It's only been a couple days...are there any Zaranas left? Cause it's a female figure and Hasbro said they don't sell well. And she's a dreadnok...and they don't have all that many fans. Checking...gone? Oh that's right...ebay! God love ebay ...

Ebay...getting freaks out of basements and into the sun on their way to the post office!

And thanks Hasbro for continuously giving it to us dry!

• Like 1

I was at Work all day Tuesday.if anyone has an extra Starscream Skystriker.Hook me up?I tried to order it from my I phone which was running out of charge.We aren't suppose to have our phones out while working.Needless to say I missed out.To all you guys that got what you wanted lucky you.I wished the damn stuff was on sale on Monday.Thanks for nothing HTS.After this Matty's site is much better.

That, and quite frankly, it's impossible to please fanboys, so it's a wonder why they even bother trying.

I have no idea what you mean. A few years ago the SDCC exclusive was a movie Destro and the fanboys pissed and moaned because it wasn't an item worthy of an exclusive and stayed in stock on site for quite some time. And the last two years well wanted items have become exclusives. And... fanboys pissed and moaned because there wasn't enough of a con exclusive to go around.

Maybe you're on to something...

But, to be fair, a laggy site did not diminish the quantity of stock. A vast majority were still going to leave empty handed whether the site moved lightning fast or slow as molasses.

I've been watching the Zarana's on eBay all week and last weekend during the Con......at any time there has been around 250 different auctions with Zarana/Cold Slither Zarana/Skystriker...or just one of each of the Zarana's or both. I don't know how many they sold or how many they made but that doesn't seem like a huge amount to me.....

That's still around 200 people that could have a Zarana that wanted one, but I don't think the "scalper" element is as big as we make it out to be sometime.

Also there were other exclusives yesterday other than just the Joe ones. My buddy was online at the same time trying to get the Muggs and ran into problems checking out, you had Transfans/Joe Fans/Marvel Fans/Star Wars fans all on there at the same time when they hit.

You know, Amazon has some Zarana's for right around twice the retail price. Still, that's not that bad. I thought about getting it, but I have a sneaky feeling we'll get another version of her down the road. I don't see Hasbro not using this mold ever again, and there really isn't much else it could be used for. Maybe a comic pack version some day. I'll take my chances.

It's only been a couple days...are there any Zaranas left? Cause it's a female figure and Hasbro said they don't sell well. And she's a dreadnok...and they don't have all that many fans. Checking...gone? Oh that's right...ebay! God love ebay ...

Ebay...getting freaks out of basements and into the sun on their way to the post office!

I remember you from last year Triple T Slaughter ordeal... It would have been the same thing all over again...

Yeah...I came home and got some lunch...what a week after? The triple T version was in stock! I grabbed it. I still have it. Damn thing is going for like a hundred bucks. There is no way I would ever sell it ...wouldn't feel right. Anyone that bought Zarana on HTS or at SDCC just to sell on ebay is scum. Buy to collect....or to help a friend out. I HATE exclusives!! Oh...it's the only way to get certain figures. Horse's arse...

Actually, with Priority Mail you don't even have to leave the house.

That, and quite frankly, it's impossible to please fanboys, so it's a wonder why they even bother trying.

I have no idea what you mean. A few years ago the SDCC exclusive was a movie Destro and the fanboys pissed and moaned because it wasn't an item worthy of an exclusive and stayed in stock on site for quite some time. And the last two years well wanted items have become exclusives. And... fanboys pissed and moaned because there wasn't enough of a con exclusive to go around.

Maybe you're on to something...

I know. God forbid should these companies make an exclusive that will actually sell.

I'm not an Internet traffic expert but yesterday seemed extraordinarily bad.

Here's why...

bag_of_money_md_wht.gif

Here's why...

bag_of_money_md_wht.gif

Last time I checked, with all the bitching and moaning those exclusives sold out. Fanboys always think their the center of the universe.

And the funny thing is it's just gonna happen again next year.

Here's why...

bag_of_money_md_wht.gif

Last time I checked, with all the bitching and moaning those exclusives sold out. Fanboys always think their the center of the universe.

And the funny thing is it's just gonna happen again next year.

Nature of the beast my friend...nature of the beast. ^_^

Collectors (aka.."fanboys") are inherently obsessive compulsive to begin with, and should something interfere with that obsessive compulsive desire to possess what they're obsessing over, of course the sh@# is going to hit the fan. Now just you watch and see...if these Zaranna "exclusives" ever hit mass market at retail, these cocky fanboys that managed/planned/prepared/pre-ordered/went to the Con and got them....will be the ones screaming bloody murder about it, because their precious, high priced, and limited production "exclusive" will no longer be an investment, but just another action figure in the collection of thousands already owned by them...no added "value" for that possible retirement fund whatsoever.

I learned a long time ago that this toy collecting hobby has it's fair share of nutcases and anal retentive blowhards, and I might as well join the crowd, because it ain't EVER changing. ;)

It's a shame that something that is intended to be a fun hobby (we all undertook at some reckoning or calling in our lives) has to be something of a competition between us. To have something others don't and to pay more for it, than what is reasonable, just for that bragging right sucks the fun out of collecting for a lot of people. I didn't start collecting these toys back in 1983 (or so) as a competition against other collectors, hell I didn't even know I had company until the invention of eBay and the bidding wars started, in trying to snag a few missed items or added troops for the "armies".

I have no shame in admitting that "exclusives" are a bit beyond my expendable income or allowance, and while I'm never heartbroken or tortured over not having EVERY one of'em...there are times where it would be nice to have a particular item to compliment the collection. Anymore....it's ALL out of range for my budget, so the entire hobby is losing it's "fun" for me, but I guess at the end of the day, the ones with the most-est WIN? <_<

Anybody here eat wild morel mushrooms in the Spring? Talk about some crazy people GUARDING their hunting spots and showing off their prize stash at the end of the day. @haha@ Just sayin'...every hobby has it's quirks and jerks. Now I have to go do some edging and trimming in the yard, so my lawn looks better than the neighbors. ;)

I really think we're going to see that Zarana again. Regardless of what Hasbro says about female figures (which I honestly don't ever remember seeing a comment about, but I could have missed it), I highly doubt they would have gone through the trouble of making this mold without the intent of using it again down the road. Making a mold solely for an exclusive pretty much goes against the norm for Hasbro from what I've seen. Especially being a Marvel fan. Almost every SDCC exclusive for the MU line has found a way to work itself into the normal line in some form or another. It just doesn't make good business sense. Especially given the cheap cost of the figures at the point of purchase.

And really, I don't care if the fanboys cry about it. They can have their 'exclusives'. I just want a Zarana to go with my Noks. I can see Hasbro easily doing a Zandar/Zarana comic pack. They'll be produced in the normal comic pack numbers which means they will eventually be pegwarmers and fanboys everywhere will cry their eyes out because there will be so many Zarana comic packs clogging the shelves that we can't get any new product.

None of us will ever be happy with what we're given. We'll find a way to complain about something with the line. And ultimately, it's always Hasbro's fault no matter what they do to try to please us.

I'm about ready to just give up on Joes for good. Maybe I'll use my RAH collection to help finance my vacation when I get home on R&R.

I managed not to get a single one of the Hasbro SDCC exclusives I wanted and I'm sure I'll miss out on all of the Mattel ones on Monday.

And I couldn't care less...I have plenty of others things I can buy if something strikes my fancy.

Everything can be had eventually if one is patience enough to wait till its available.

I really think we're going to see that Zarana again. Regardless of what Hasbro says about female figures (which I honestly don't ever remember seeing a comment about, but I could have missed it),

Well, I took a shot at it, and couldn't find an actual quote, by any Hasbro rep at a Q&A session, to link to for you but the controversy over the popularity of female action figures and how well they sell, or don't sell, is something that has been kicked around, discussed and rumored about for a long time.

I'm about ready to just give up on Joes for good. Maybe I'll use my RAH collection to help finance my vacation when I get home on R&R.

I'm just about there with ya. Rising costs and low distribution along with collectors and scalpers quickly grabbing up what product IS out there...has sucked the joy right out of what use to be a casual, fun and entertaining hobby. The "competition" aspect of it has never been for me. For me...it was almost more enjoyable back in the 80's when it was CHEAP and done so in a vacuum.

I've been thinking of ending my G.I. Joe collecting anyway. I'm not even going to buy the new Sky Striker or any of the new figures that are to be released in the future. Figures like Sgt. Slaughter and Zarana just make me tired of collecting. They're both such simple figures and yet they had to be SDCC exclusives. Why have Sgt. Slaughter and Zarana in the POC line when we can have a repaint of Croc Master and the same Blowtorch with a few more accessories?

• Like 1

I've been thinking of ending my G.I. Joe collecting anyway. I'm not even going to buy the new Sky Striker or any of the new figures that are to be released in the future. Figures like Sgt. Slaughter and Zarana just make me tired of collecting. They're both such simple figures and yet they had to be SDCC exclusives. Why have Sgt. Slaughter and Zarana in the POC line when we can have a repaint of Croc Master and the same Blowtorch with a few more accessories?

Don't forget a dozen more Dukes, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commanders, Destro and various conglomerations of some "trooper" they can pump out and throw at us at a dime a dozen?

Aww ya buncha nancy-boy quitters!! (lol)

Just kidding guys. I too have found myself uninterested at times due to lack of availability and overall push from Hasbro. But then I see figures like Zarana, and then some of the classic ones like Sci-Fi and the Techno Viper, and I'm excited all over again. I really don't mind the sporatic nature of G.I. Joe actually, since there's just enough stuff floating around out there somewhere to keep me a little excited and interested, but not so much that I wonder how I'm gonna keep up as a collector, and it allows me to be able to afford other things I want in-between releases.