Why does Superman have muscles.

Starscream49

I was looking at some comics and I noticed Superman always has muscles, but why? If you're that strong due to the sun he wouldn't have to work out. Shouldnt he be the average size man as he was an average size child too?

Well that explains powergirl...yikes.

I guess that was the first funny video I found about steroids the others were Greg Valentino sticking a syringe in his arm over and over again which was just disturbing and surgeons opening up a steroid user's arm...yuck

To fit in as Clark Kent, he has to look cool... and buff... um yea, that doesn't make sense except that all superheroes need to have huge arms and upper bodies.

Shoosh, Pat. Try not to think too much, it's ok. Just accept it for what it is....

i remember seing superman lifting some weights but i dont remember where? i believe it was the animated show no? hm. since he is so fast maybe when he runs he burns a lot of calories. running around the world once bulks him up i guess. like flash, lol. the only thing i never understand in comics is, how come the veins always pop out of the costumes?? they are mostly bullet proof costumes and the veins still pop out?? how come??

i remember seing superman lifting some weights but i dont remember where? i believe it was the animated show no? hm. since he is so fast maybe when he runs he burns a lot of calories. running around the world once bulks him up i guess. like flash, lol. the only thing i never understand in comics is, how come the veins always pop out of the costumes?? they are mostly bullet proof costumes and the veins still pop out?? how come??

It was shown in the Superman mini-series that came out after the original Crisis. John Byrne may have explained more about it during his run.

This is the way I see it. Whether you work out or not, you still have a gene code. In other words, you will look like your father, w/ some of your mother's influence.

The fact that Kal-El is Kryptonian, he will have a body structure of a Kryptonian. He could sit and eat Cheetos and Oreos for all of his life, but the end result is the same. What ever muscles he has are genetic. He does not have to be built, or even remotely attractive. He will be tall and strong looking by nature.

Other than that, he could be a total geek. ...if that is the answer you are looking for.

The original superman from the golden age still looked like a normal person and kept that look all the way into the 80's. It's basically the modern version of heroes that seem to be depicted as body builders or muscle freaks. I remember Bernie Wrightson's drawing on the back of heroes for hunger comic and just about anything by Joe Jusko.

I don't even like a skinny Spider-Man. Super Heroes are suppose to look strong...big muscles looks strong. Just like Superman's outfit and cape....all asthetics and unnecessary.

• Like 2

Would people still continue to admire Captain America if he was still the small weakly Steve Rogers? As Viper Hunter said it best, Super heroes are suppose to be that way.

Here is a question for you guys to ponder: How the heck do Elves, in lord of the rings, age? If they are Immortal, how many years does it take for them to age just one YEAR? Do they reach a certain age then it stops?

Would people still continue to admire Captain America if he was still the small weakly Steve Rogers? As Viper Hunter said it best, Super heroes are suppose to be that way.

Here is a question for you guys to ponder: How the heck do Elves, in lord of the rings, age? If they are Immortal, how many years does it take for them to age just one YEAR? Do they reach a certain age then it stops?

Interesting.

Also, what about immortals in the Highlander series? What a person is an immortal, but they go through life without dying. Do they get old and just die like a mortal or do they get old, die and then come back as an immortal? Are they then so weak that they can't defend themselves and are easily killed by an evil immortal?

Interesting.

Also, what about immortals in the Highlander series? What a person is an immortal, but they go through life without dying. Do they get old and just die like a mortal or do they get old, die and then come back as an immortal? Are they then so weak that they can't defend themselves and are easily killed by an evil immortal?

Immortals in Highlander do not age after dieing and becoming imortal they can only be killed by decapitation if their head remains attached they can live forever I can't remember but I think the winner of the gathering becomes mortal again.as for the elves I remember something about if they leave their land and love a human they will become mortal

Interesting.

Immortals in Highlander do not age after dieing and becoming imortal they can only be killed by decapitation if their head remains attached they can live forever I can't remember but I think the winner of the gathering becomes mortal again.as for the elves I remember something about if they leave their land and love a human they will become mortal

Of course, but I'm talking about what happens if a guy is immortal, but leads a safe life and never dies until the point where he dies of simple old age. Does that count as the dying that triggers immortality or is it too late and the man just stays dead?