RockthePlank

Venture Brothers 3 3/4 line

Looks like they have announced a new 3 3/4 line for The Venture Brothers. Entertainment Earth has them listed

http://www.entertain...er=BBP09100R1AA

http://www.entertain...er=BBP09100R2AA

http://www.entertain...er=BBP09100R3AA

Here are some points on them:

* Never-before-made 3 3/4-inch action figures!

* Based on Adult Swim's animated series The Venture Bros.

* Feature 10 points of articulation and character-specific accessories.

* You'll want every one of these fan-demanded Venture Bros. action figures!

Bif Bang Pow! presents a truly awesome array of never-before-made 3 3/4-inch action figures based on Adult Swim's extremely popular animated series The Venture Bros. These fan-demanded figures are crafted of PVC plastic, feature 10 points of articulation, and come with character-specific accessories. You'll want every one of them in your toy box or Venture Bros. collection!

Series One

1x Hank Venture

1x Dean Venture (Buddy Holly)

1x Dr. Mrs. The Monarch

1x Dr. Venture (Red Speed Suit)

1x Phantom Limb (Season 1)

Series Two

1x Brock Samson (Black Shirt)

1x Monarch

1x Shore Leave (SPHINX)

1x Molotov Cocktease

1x Baron Underbheit (Season 1)

Series Three

1x Dr. Orpheus (Cape)

1x Dr. Henry Killinger

1x Jefferson Twilight

1x Monarch Henchman 1 (The Lepidopterists)

1x HELPER

Each set is list at $50. Anyone else interested in these? I for one am a HUGE venture brothers fan, it's very well written and it shows so much nerd love! Glad to see we are getting some good ones, including Jefferson Twilight, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, and HELPER. I find it odd that Dr Venture comes in a red speed suit, oh well, can't wait to see these!

I love The Venture Brothers, which is why I'm disappointed with figures. I'm not a fan of the vintage style dolls. I was hoping for some really cool figures because of the variety of characters on that show. Hopefully another company will pick up the rights and do it justice. By the way what happened to the show? I miss having new episodes.

I love The Venture Brothers, which is why I'm disappointed with figures. I'm not a fan of the vintage style dolls. I was hoping for some really cool figures because of the variety of characters on that show. Hopefully another company will pick up the rights and do it justice. By the way what happened to the show? I miss having new episodes.

These aren't Mego-style. They're 3-3/4".

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2011/images/sdcc2011_bifbangpow_28.jpg

These aren't Mego-style. They're 3-3/4".

http://www.mwctoys.c...fbangpow_28.jpg

Those look much better. I hadn't seen this version. Might have to get on board with this line.

Damn I never saw those before! They look absolutely awesome! The hover bikes are a nice touch too, Dr Mrs The Monarch looks great too, I'm not into 3 3/4 scale figures, but this line? Yes, absolutely yes.

I don't mind, people already pay $8 bucks or more for one Marvel Universe figure, I can deal with paying $10 for one of these, I love the Venture Brothers!

My wife loves venture brothers, and I think they are cool myself. If nothing else, I would pick up shore leave to put on my joe shelf for a nice laugh. Even liked an animated show i've never been a huge fan of animted toy lines, that look doesn't look right in toy form imo.

My wife loves venture brothers, and I think they are cool myself. If nothing else, I would pick up shore leave to put on my joe shelf for a nice laugh. Even liked an animated show i've never been a huge fan of animted toy lines, that look doesn't look right in toy form imo.

Yes! Shore Leave is too funny, I don't normally like stereotypical "gay" characters that are all in your face about it, but Shore Leave I like. Sphinx!

I registered just so I could voice my support for this line. The Megos don't do anything for me, even though this is probably my favorite show. THESE, however, are completely awesome. I'd prefer a 6" scale, but this is really a pretty great solution to getting SOMETHING.

I'd have to say we are on the same page on this one RobotBacon. I don't care for the mego style at all, not what I grew up with. To me, they look too much like dolls and to be considered for purchase and I don't really collect any smaller lines like 3 3/4 or 4 inch, but for this I can make an acception. I love the show, it's one of a few nerd shows that my wife loves as much as I do. Yeah the price may be a little steep, but this is probably our only Venture Bros figure shot, so I am in!

Ohhhh snaps! Man I'm gonna have to start a ponzi scheme to rustle up some moneys for those sets.....damn I'm so far behind on toy newz, that one shot looked good, if anyone has anymore pics let me know.....

Ohhhh snaps! Man I'm gonna have to start a ponzi scheme to rustle up some moneys for those sets...

I feel the same way. I've never gotten any figures in this size before, but when I saw these I knew I would be getting them, so I've finally broken down the 3 3/4" wall and it's been great. Can't wait for em!

I hear the line is already doomed from scant pre-orders, mannn bummer oh well I think I'm gonna hop on the Voltrain.......man really those figs & lions look saahhhweet........

I hear the line is already doomed from scant pre-orders, mannn bummer oh well I think I'm gonna hop on the Voltrain.......man really those figs & lions look saahhhweet........

Yep I think it is the prices that is doing it

Weird. This line is basically what most Venture fans were hoping the Mego style figures were gonna be, yet those made it into stores without a problem and this line may fail without ever going into production. I guess the Megos are low risk, high reward since there's so little sculpting involved.

I've yet to see any VB Megos at TRU, but I am on a TRU boycott, so whatever. The Megos really offer little appeal to me. I didn't grow up with that, and I have never owned one, so there is no connection for me. Too much of a doll for my taste.

It really is a shame, I hope we get something from this, atleast the first wave!

I seem to remember reading that it was the Venture Bros. creators who wanted to go with with the Megos, for some reason.

Why are you boycotting TRU?

Yeah I think I read that somewhere too. It's their product, so whatever, but I really wanted some plastic figures, hope these make it.

Here's my deal with TRU

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2083258&st=0&p=16729065&fromsearch=1entry16729065

I'm atleast not going there till I hear back from them. Is it petty? Meh, kinda, but I never said I wasn't a petty man.