yojoebro82

Talk about the Captain America movie

Hey Superpowers it's all good, I understand you're passionate about DC hence you defend it so much and it makes for some friendly arguments you have your opinion like everyone else and I respect it. I can't find the article now but in SDCC they announced they were gonna make a new Hulk series, Mockingbird series mostly shield/spy stuff(a la Alias) and the Jessica Jones series which may contain appearances by Luke Cage. Actually the Jessica Jones series based on the Alias comic book series has been cooking for a while supposedly one of the reasons Wonder Woman wasn't picked up by one of the networks was that they already had a contract with Marvel for this series. I hear you on the DC criticism it's uncalled for, they have learned to evolve with the times and make some compelling stories. In my opinion DCs problem stems from the fact that they rely on the big 3 too much with good reason since these are obviously the most famous superheroes ever but the downside is that they don't let other lesser known but really good characters share the spotlight and none hardcore fans don't get to know them. For example my main exposure with DC was always TV from Superfriends, Flash tv series(main reason that Barry Allen is my favorite speedster) and the Batman/Superman animated series which were 2 of the best animated series but they always featured the same characters it wasn't until Justice League Unlimited that other characters started appearing. I didn't know who Deadman was until Blackest Night and when I looked him up and read his story I found myself very interested in the character and wanted to read more about him, that's one of the reasons I loved Sinestro Corps war and Blackest Night Superman, Batman and WW took a backseat and other characters had a time to shine. I'm sorry I went :OT:

It's cool. Marvel is the same way though, its all Spiderman, Wolverine, and Hulk.

btw

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/captain-america-movie-review-14132459

Oh don't get me started on the Wolverine overexposure God I hate that character, anyway back on topic and that reviewer once again that's his opinion but he's obviously one of the people that thinks that in order to make a successful they have to pay an "a list" actor a ridiculous amount of money and then let the movie tank by not making back what they invested on the actor alone. It doesn't really matter how many bad reviews you can dig up because at the end of the day the movie was still beloved by many.

Pay no attention to him, guys he's just bitter because between the DC Reboot, Green Lantern movie not doing well and the Matty subscription to get figures it's not a good time to be a DC fan. :D

Captain America was awesome period. As Team America says America F%!*k Yeah!

Isn't it wonderful to live in a day and age when we can experience such great movies like Captain Awerica? I don't know why there are haters out there because Cap was great. I'm not a DC or Marvel person per say I like them both equally so I don't show favortism or hate on the respective opposite side when I'm commenting on thier products like SOME people around here I won't mention names but you know who you are. hahaha

Anyway I can't wait for the next MARVEL or DC movie to come out. With anything they are all not gonna hit the mark with everyone all the time but I do enjoy the effort! ........ now excuse me AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!! and JUSTICE LEAGUE ummmm GO! ( i don't know their battle cry, do they have one?) haha oh well,....I'll use Superman's up up and awaaaaay! Swooosh!

Not fair..........If I hint at disliking ANYTHING Marvel you guys go back to the tried and true method of calling me a Marvel hater or whatever, when I praised the return of Marvel Legends and said I liked both Thor and X-Men movies. FOUL BALL, FOUL BALL!!!!:)

OK OK, that was a little jab at you Superpowers and I take it back. OK?

Now,...with that said. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only take one comic book with you (along with other provisions) and you had 2 to choose from an Avengers comic or a Justice League comic which would you take? I'm just sayin'......hahahaha:)

Pay no attention to him, guys he's just bitter because between the DC Reboot, Green Lantern movie not doing well and the Matty subscription to get figures it's not a good time to be a DC fan. :D

Isn't it wonderful to live in a day and age when we can experience such great movies like Captain Awerica? I don't know why there are haters out there because Cap was great. I'm not a DC or Marvel person per say I like them both equally so I don't show favortism or hate on the respective opposite side when I'm commenting on thier products like SOME people around here I won't mention names but you know who you are. hahaha

Anyway I can't wait for the next MARVEL or DC movie to come out. With anything they are all not gonna hit the mark with everyone all the time but I do enjoy the effort! ........ now excuse me AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!! and JUSTICE LEAGUE ummmm GO! ( i don't know their battle cry, do they have one?) haha oh well,....I'll use Superman's up up and awaaaaay! Swooosh!

Not fair..........If I hint at disliking ANYTHING Marvel you guys go back to the tried and true method of calling me a Marvel hater or whatever, when I praised the return of Marvel Legends and said I liked both Thor and X-Men movies. FOUL BALL, FOUL BALL!!!!:)

Now,...with that said. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only take one comic book with you (along with other provisions) and you had 2 to choose from an Avengers comic or a Justice League comic which would you take? I'm just sayin'......hahahaha:)

The Avengers are fun, but nothing beats the Justice League.........come on they have Superman and Batman, they are the world's finest!!

http://abcnews.go.co...review-14132459

This guy in this review is mean and un patriotic! He sucks and I think he should be audited LOL!

He was mean, but come on, every mainstream movie review has been surupy warm about this film, one attack or rant isn't going to hurt. Heck Green Lantern was attacked on all sides, Cap can stand a little.

The Avengers are fun, but nothing beats the Justice League.........come on they have Superman and Batman, they are the world's finest!!

Yeah... I would have thought it be easier than putting together The Avengers before all this... Obviously I was wrong... They cant even get WW going...

Yeah... I would have thought it be easier than putting together The Avengers before all this... Obviously I was wrong... They cant even get WW going...

Makes me want to put my head in the sand.

great movie except the Red Skull's german accent wasn't very good what's the next Marvel movie before Avengers?

great movie except the Red Skull's german accent wasn't very good what's the next Marvel movie before Avengers?

The next movie is Avengers in May next year with Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 supposedly coming out in 2013.

I can't compare Cap to Thor or Green Lantern or X-Men because I feel like they're all intended for different end results. But since they've all been brought into play in this thread, I will say what I felt about each movie.

Captain America - I enjoyed this movie, but I wasn't "wowed". There was a definitely a wow factor missing from the movie, and I think that's why they featured the vaporizing lazer gun (for visual flare), though it was a one-trick pony. I was never too into the Cap character, but I felt that the movie DID craft his character really well and I walked away feeling like that was the point of the whole movie. Everything was character-shaping, and meant to show the audience WHY he is different from Tony Stark, and Thor, and Nick Fury. Throwing himself on the grenade was a great moment, and I was drawn into the Cap/Carter romance, unfulfilled as it was. It was a completely necessary movie to establish the character and that's what it did. I'm glad they tied in Howard Stark and I really didn't pay enough attention to him to be bothered by his presence, but I guess that means I didn't feel he was intrusive or that too much time was spent on him. And I took it that the cosmic cube was tied to Asgard because I heard mention of Odin in relation to conversation about the cube. So while I have NO idea if that was accurate, I appreciate that it gave Cap ties to the other two of the "big three" in the Avengers. But does that mean Red Skull died or somehow got sucked into Asgard? Weird. Overall, it was a fair movie. I gained appreciation for Cap's integrity, but it did lack a certain "punch". Great supporting characters, Erskine, Arnim Zola, Bucky... Appreciated the Howling Commandos. Was Wolverine missing from that team or am I incorrectly linking him to that backstory?

Thor - I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, generally for its characterization of Thor. Loki was well-portrayed, though not that attractive a villain for me to really care to see him again. Thor's villains never really appealed to me, and I'm sure the inevitable Enchantress will frustrate me also, as Thor villains always seem to be much more bark than bite. But even Thor never really entertained me before the current Avengers cartoon, so the movie portrayal brought me around to liking that character even more. Also a fan of Natalie Portman, and felt like the supporting earth characters were good. I am hard-pressed to remember much action detail outside of the Destroyer scene or the fight with frost giants, but even then my recollections are vague. Again, this movie established where Thor was coming from, as Cap's movie did, but my real interest lies in where they will fit in NOW, in the landscape of the Avengers. Cap and Thor are both characters displaced from their natural environment, and while they touched on this more during the Thor movie, the Avengers movie should have this as a main thread of the movie if it unfolds the way I hope. And I'm sure Tony Stark, who has always been portrayed as the "here and now" character, will likely be the voice of this.

X-Men: First Class - When it comes to action and visual dazzle, the movie gave me that. However I felt this was a weak movie, resulting from poor planning in the original X-Men franchise, with First Class left to react to lots of screwed up character timelines and poor or inaccurate characterizations. I'd much rather have seen First Class as a reboot to the X-Men franchise, rather than the mess it was. For me, knowing what the first class of X-Men really was, who it involved, and walking into this movie, that simply wasn't what played on screen. Havok is older than Cyclops and was an X-Man first? Mystique was Charles Xavier's "adopted" sister from adolescence?! When that wasn't even HINTED at in the first three movies, yet through the Rebecca Romijn cameo and Mystique's makeup they are clearly connecting the dots between these movies. The whole movie came across as sloppy to me. They have wiggle room in the whole Emma Frost character appearing as a young girl in Wolverine Origins and as a full adult in First Class because of Wolverine's slowed aging, but I'm sure if I watched both movies over again I could still poke holes in that between the Havok/Cyclops/Emma ages in each movie. It seemed like since the continuity was already shredded in the first 3 movies, they didn't care when it came to this one, but then they even contradicted some of the established continuity of the first 3, or added things that I would logically have thought would have come up in the earlier movies if it was at all intended at the outset. Anyone going to see X-Men: First Class would walk away with a HELL of a false impression that it was ANYTHING like how it was in the comics. Beast might be the least destroyed character in the franchise. And given that this was a prequel and suffered because it was a prequel to ruined continuity, Marvel really missed an opportunity to ALLOW this movie to be a platform to relaunch the X-Men franchise as a fresh start in the theaters, rather than drown in what was already ruined before. I think if Marvel had the foresight to relaunch X-Men in more of the formula they've been building up to Avengers, they could get 10 movies out of the thing. It should relaunch as First Class/Brotherhood (also establishing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, which could cross-polinate to the Avengers movie franchise), then Wolverine/Weapon X/Alpha Flight (which could even be 2 movies) and Storm/Shadow King movies with Professor X tag scenes after the credits, then something surrounding Giant-Size X-Men, then a Phoenix saga movie, then Dark Phoenix Saga/Hellfire Club movie, and by then your characters are SO rich from all that development that you're off and rolling through 3 or 4 more movies bringing in Rogue, Gambit, Cable, springboard into Age of Apocalypse movie (Magneto's X-Men as a "what if?" concept) or X-Force (Cable/Domino) or X-Factor (Havok/Polaris). If handled right they could be doing 20 years of X-Men movies within one continuity. So First Class COULD have been the launchpad for all that, but it just further drove the previous X-Movies into the ground.

Green Lantern - Having always been more of a Marvel fan but appreciating the Green Lantern universe and the opportunities it holds, I was really satisfied with this movie establishing Hal Jordan. It took its time with it and did it right. I like the setup of a sequel being about Sinestro Corps, and I'm sure that movie will build towards a 3rd movie featuring Star Sapphire. All the ingredients were there and the great thing about GL is that they can do those beats in a trilogy, reboot after that with a John Stewart trilogy, reboot after that with a Kyle Rayner trilogy, and it will STILL be Green Lantern, it will STILL be in continuity, and they can bring it all back together with Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner in some massive Blackest Night or Brightest Day (or both) movie. There's a lot of places to take the franchise, and I really feel like they launched it properly. Looking forward to more! Comics are so serialized and the scripts have been written for decades. It's about time the movie business started really cashing in on this as a money-making opportunity to tell serialized stories and make them epic things that keep drawing people in every few years. Star Wars created that empire with no comic background, so there is so much material to be mined out there.

And...

Avengers - I'm REALLY looking forward to this, and if you can't tell by now, I am thrilled with the slow burn way they've built up to the Avengers movie. The payoff will be better the more invested the audience is from the buildup. The anticipation should be amazing. I'm sure even if the movie is "sub-standard", people will be so dazzled by seeing these characters on-screen together there's no way fans WOULDN'T enjoy it. Each character's had their own movie to establish backstory and character so NOW the fun will be bouncing them all off of each other and the dysfunctionality that makes the Avengers so fun. BUT... my only real gripe so far is that there's been no effort to include the Hank Pym and Wasp characters in the franchise. I can accept that Giant-Man and Wasp aren't the most marketable characters on their own BUT they are integral to a lot of Avengers stories and characters. Without Hank Pym there's no Ultron. Without Ultron there's no Vision. Without Vision there's no love triangle with Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man. There's a lot of story there. And Hank Pym's hero identity was ever changing so we could technically get different heroes from him with each successive movie, so there's not a danger of him getting stale. I'm holding out hope that even if Avengers doesn't introduce those characters (I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now in regards to casting if they were slated to even cameo), that there will be some kind of introduction of Hank Pym through the Iron Man 3 movie as an employee of Stark somehow, so Hank Pym can tie into an Avengers sequel.

• Like 1

I can't compare Cap to Thor or Green Lantern or X-Men because I feel like they're all intended for different end results. But since they've all been brought into play in this thread, I will say what I felt about each movie.

Captain America - I enjoyed this movie, but I wasn't "wowed". There was a definitely a wow factor missing from the movie, and I think that's why they featured the vaporizing lazer gun (for visual flare), though it was a one-trick pony. I was never too into the Cap character, but I felt that the movie DID craft his character really well and I walked away feeling like that was the point of the whole movie. Everything was character-shaping, and meant to show the audience WHY he is different from Tony Stark, and Thor, and Nick Fury. Throwing himself on the grenade was a great moment, and I was drawn into the Cap/Carter romance, unfulfilled as it was. It was a completely necessary movie to establish the character and that's what it did. I'm glad they tied in Howard Stark and I really didn't pay enough attention to him to be bothered by his presence, but I guess that means I didn't feel he was intrusive or that too much time was spent on him. And I took it that the cosmic cube was tied to Asgard because I heard mention of Odin in relation to conversation about the cube. So while I have NO idea if that was accurate, I appreciate that it gave Cap ties to the other two of the "big three" in the Avengers. But does that mean Red Skull died or somehow got sucked into Asgard? Weird. Overall, it was a fair movie. I gained appreciation for Cap's integrity, but it did lack a certain "punch". Great supporting characters, Erskine, Arnim Zola, Bucky... Appreciated the Howling Commandos. Was Wolverine missing from that team or am I incorrectly linking him to that backstory?

Thor - I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, generally for its characterization of Thor. Loki was well-portrayed, though not that attractive a villain for me to really care to see him again. Thor's villains never really appealed to me, and I'm sure the inevitable Enchantress will frustrate me also, as Thor villains always seem to be much more bark than bite. But even Thor never really entertained me before the current Avengers cartoon, so the movie portrayal brought me around to liking that character even more. Also a fan of Natalie Portman, and felt like the supporting earth characters were good. I am hard-pressed to remember much action detail outside of the Destroyer scene or the fight with frost giants, but even then my recollections are vague. Again, this movie established where Thor was coming from, as Cap's movie did, but my real interest lies in where they will fit in NOW, in the landscape of the Avengers. Cap and Thor are both characters displaced from their natural environment, and while they touched on this more during the Thor movie, the Avengers movie should have this as a main thread of the movie if it unfolds the way I hope. And I'm sure Tony Stark, who has always been portrayed as the "here and now" character, will likely be the voice of this.

X-Men: First Class - When it comes to action and visual dazzle, the movie gave me that. However I felt this was a weak movie, resulting from poor planning in the original X-Men franchise, with First Class left to react to lots of screwed up character timelines and poor or inaccurate characterizations. I'd much rather have seen First Class as a reboot to the X-Men franchise, rather than the mess it was. For me, knowing what the first class of X-Men really was, who it involved, and walking into this movie, that simply wasn't what played on screen. Havok is older than Cyclops and was an X-Man first? Mystique was Charles Xavier's "adopted" sister from adolescence?! When that wasn't even HINTED at in the first three movies, yet through the Rebecca Romijn cameo and Mystique's makeup they are clearly connecting the dots between these movies. The whole movie came across as sloppy to me. They have wiggle room in the whole Emma Frost character appearing as a young girl in Wolverine Origins and as a full adult in First Class because of Wolverine's slowed aging, but I'm sure if I watched both movies over again I could still poke holes in that between the Havok/Cyclops/Emma ages in each movie. It seemed like since the continuity was already shredded in the first 3 movies, they didn't care when it came to this one, but then they even contradicted some of the established continuity of the first 3, or added things that I would logically have thought would have come up in the earlier movies if it was at all intended at the outset. Anyone going to see X-Men: First Class would walk away with a HELL of a false impression that it was ANYTHING like how it was in the comics. Beast might be the least destroyed character in the franchise. And given that this was a prequel and suffered because it was a prequel to ruined continuity, Marvel really missed an opportunity to ALLOW this movie to be a platform to relaunch the X-Men franchise as a fresh start in the theaters, rather than drown in what was already ruined before. I think if Marvel had the foresight to relaunch X-Men in more of the formula they've been building up to Avengers, they could get 10 movies out of the thing. It should relaunch as First Class/Brotherhood (also establishing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, which could cross-polinate to the Avengers movie franchise), then Wolverine/Weapon X/Alpha Flight (which could even be 2 movies) and Storm/Shadow King movies with Professor X tag scenes after the credits, then something surrounding Giant-Size X-Men, then a Phoenix saga movie, then Dark Phoenix Saga/Hellfire Club movie, and by then your characters are SO rich from all that development that you're off and rolling through 3 or 4 more movies bringing in Rogue, Gambit, Cable, springboard into Age of Apocalypse movie (Magneto's X-Men as a "what if?" concept) or X-Force (Cable/Domino) or X-Factor (Havok/Polaris). If handled right they could be doing 20 years of X-Men movies within one continuity. So First Class COULD have been the launchpad for all that, but it just further drove the previous X-Movies into the ground.

Green Lantern - Having always been more of a Marvel fan but appreciating the Green Lantern universe and the opportunities it holds, I was really satisfied with this movie establishing Hal Jordan. It took its time with it and did it right. I like the setup of a sequel being about Sinestro Corps, and I'm sure that movie will build towards a 3rd movie featuring Star Sapphire. All the ingredients were there and the great thing about GL is that they can do those beats in a trilogy, reboot after that with a John Stewart trilogy, reboot after that with a Kyle Rayner trilogy, and it will STILL be Green Lantern, it will STILL be in continuity, and they can bring it all back together with Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner in some massive Blackest Night or Brightest Day (or both) movie. There's a lot of places to take the franchise, and I really feel like they launched it properly. Looking forward to more! Comics are so serialized and the scripts have been written for decades. It's about time the movie business started really cashing in on this as a money-making opportunity to tell serialized stories and make them epic things that keep drawing people in every few years. Star Wars created that empire with no comic background, so there is so much material to be mined out there.

And...

Avengers - I'm REALLY looking forward to this, and if you can't tell by now, I am thrilled with the slow burn way they've built up to the Avengers movie. The payoff will be better the more invested the audience is from the buildup. The anticipation should be amazing. I'm sure even if the movie is "sub-standard", people will be so dazzled by seeing these characters on-screen together there's no way fans WOULDN'T enjoy it. Each character's had their own movie to establish backstory and character so NOW the fun will be bouncing them all off of each other and the dysfunctionality that makes the Avengers so fun. BUT... my only real gripe so far is that there's been no effort to include the Hank Pym and Wasp characters in the franchise. I can accept that Giant-Man and Wasp aren't the most marketable characters on their own BUT they are integral to a lot of Avengers stories and characters. Without Hank Pym there's no Ultron. Without Ultron there's no Vision. Without Vision there's no love triangle with Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man. There's a lot of story there. And Hank Pym's hero identity was ever changing so we could technically get different heroes from him with each successive movie, so there's not a danger of him getting stale. I'm holding out hope that even if Avengers doesn't introduce those characters (I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now in regards to casting if they were slated to even cameo), that there will be some kind of introduction of Hank Pym through the Iron Man 3 movie as an employee of Stark somehow, so Hank Pym can tie into an Avengers sequel.

You get it.

• Like 1

I finally got moved and went and saw Cap and it is one of my all time favorite comic book movies!! It was leaps and bounds my fav of the summer comic movies too. I can't wait for Avengers next summer! Adn eager for a Cap 2, to see what happens with Bucky, Zola, Skull etc

Draven

Just saw Cap and we really enjoyed. I've never had a particularly strong connection to the character and it gave a new appreciation for him and his backstory with the mostly WWII-era setting. It was a nice feel-good movie, except for the bittersweet bookend framing storyline. It was all good though, a comic-book movie with heart, just like Thor. Marvel Studios really know what they're doing. Now if they could only get the rights back to X-Men, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, etc.

I really enjoyed cap but as for the best superhero movie for this summer, I'm going to go with first class. Cap is definitely second. Thor was good but I wish it was atleast a bit longer to flesh out some of the characters. As for cap, I thing Chris Evans & the rest of the cast did an excellent job. Red skull however was dissappointing. I'ma big Hugo weaving fan & I don't think he did a great job as the character. This is definitely one of marvel's top movie but it doesnt rank up as high as spiderman 2, x2 etc. This is just my opinion, don't wanna start flame war lol.

Wow, I am truly amazed at both the critics and the reviews here on TNI, easily this was one of the most forgetable movies of the season, and before you guys run away with the hate I thought Thor and X-Men First Class were leaps and bounds above Captain America. It wasn't a terrible movie but it wasn't good either.

Such a boring movie, people talk about boring introduction movies but this one takes the cake. Over an hour before any real decent action. That car scene was typical and had nothing special about it.

The love interest was boring. The love interest in Thor was forced but not nearly as boring as the love interest in Captain America.

The Stan Lee cameo was as good as it is always.

Did not like how advanced Hydra was, sure they should of been technologically superior but not at that level. Remote controlled gun, video monitors.......stupid!!!

Captain America was forced as an individual, he was as boring as Cap really is, who even cares.

Tommy Lee Jones was ok and so was the doctor who assisted the Red Skull

Red Skull was typical, he had no flair....whooooo, whooooo

Did like the escape jet that RS used because that design was real, not sure if the jet was ever made but it was real and unproduced.

The setting really felt like that era, that was really good and important.

The design of RS was good too, at first I didn't like it but the more I watched the more it worked for me.

As for the Hydra salute, all they needed was a double handclap and they could of reenacted Queen's Radio GaGa chorus

The best thing Cap did was when he lifted the Hyrda soldier on the plane and threw him out, that was really cool.

The ending was cool too.

Overall the movie was boring, plain and average. It had no style or real substance, easily the weakest superhero movie of the summer. This is strange but I could stand to watch TF3 over this and TF3 was the worst movie of all........stupid beats out boring in this case. Now I know the negatives and negative comments are going to come because that is all some of you know how to do when I post here but like I said for those who completely read what I wrote, I thought both Thor and X-Men were heads and tails above this movie, I won't even mention Green Lantern, but I am surprised not enough fuss was made about X-Men over this boring movie.

Cap had plenty of substance, easily the best superhero movie of the summer. If a movie full of heart classifies it as a failure, I guess Cap failed miserably. In fact, it had more substance than you're typical superhero movie. It absolutely had style, almost like an action serial of the period. Captain America succeeded in almost every respect these films are typically designed to. I'm not gonna insult you or anything Superpowers, that would be childish, we just have distinctly different tastes it seems. Every point you bring up to convey you're disapproval is something I love the movie for.

The car chase was not typical, it was Cap's first outing as a super soldier, navigating his childhood streets and back alleys he so well knows with remarkable speed to outwit the bad guy. The boy being thrown into the water to give the villain a means of escape only to show the that he could swim [duh, most kids love swimming], shouting to Steve to get the bad guy, incredibly charming. Finally, when Steve gets the guy in the end, the Hydra goon swallows a cyanide pill, ending his own life rather then spilling his guts to the enemy. Displaying Hydra's cutthroat and loyal discipline. That scene was not typical at all.

The love interest was awesome. Peggy fell into the story naturally and had REAL chemistry with Rogers. She was probably the best love interest so far for superhero movies.

I can understand not Liking the advanced technology of Hydra for personal reasons, but calling it stupid is something different all together. It fit into the story perfectly well with Zola backing Hydra's tech, and it made the heroes underdogs in the war. Besides, what did you expect from the trailers?

"Captain America was forced as an individual, he was as boring as Cap really is, who even cares." Really? As boring as Cap really is? So you're gonna hold it against the film that it accurately represented the character as he is in the comics because YOU have a problem with him personally. I'm not even gonna dignify this one with a response.

Tommy Lee Jones and Toby Jones, they were a delight to watch on screen.

Red Skull was as much a treat to the eye as he was compelling. His own ambitions surpassing that of Hitler and converting his division into an independent army to feed that ambition. Absolutely compelling.

The Hydra salute? So what? Two arms in the air, clenched hands, big deal. All it needed was a clear separation from the Nazi salute to make a point. That's all.

The best thing Cap did was BE CAP. He was spot on and enduring.

THIS is personal, but I thought First Class was bad, Thor was fun, and I left Green Lantern pissed off because I wasted time and money on a commercial. First Class was doomed from the beginning because it decided to contain itself in the movie X-Men universe. Thor was a solid fun film, but it could've been longer to better settle each side of the story. Green Lantern is one of the worst movies I've seen in recent years, it insulted me not only as a DC fan, but more so as a fan of film in general. Complete and utter nonsense. The plot had more holes in it than I could think of, The acting was awful and hard to watch, the film had no genuine dialogue, just people opening their mouths while random idiotic phrases would pour out only to drive the pathetic plot along, blah blah blah basically the film was just bad every way a film could be bad. It was an assault on my brain and senses that left me bitter and hateful of what these movies have become. A @##@@ joke. I hate that @##@@ movie. I'm happy it bombed. As for Cap, I hope we take note of it as an audience and applaud it for it's excellence. BUT this is a personal take, not meant to start any flame war with you or anything. It's been a long time since I posted on here and I just got back. Wanted to see the Cap movie love and hate and noticed how your tastes directly polarize my own. It's bizarre and interesting. To each their own my friend. Cheers!

• Like 4

I agree with you just about on every thing you wrote!! Cap was the best of the summer comic movies by far! And did show a lot of heart something that lacks in comic movies at times! Very well written and thought out post! I appluad you sir!

Draven

And did show a lot of heart something that lacks in comic movies at times!

Heart is VERY underrated in these movies, it can make a good movie great... Imagine how much better the Transformers movies would have been if there was just a LITTLE? I agree Cap did have it.

I agree with you just about on every thing you wrote!! Cap was the best of the summer comic movies by far! And did show a lot of heart something that lacks in comic movies at times! Very well written and thought out post! I appluad you sir!

Draven

Thanks, glad to hear someone else shared my view on the movie. Cap was AWESOME.

Draven

Yes it was... I cant wait for the Bluray to see it again...

Draven

Yes it was... I cant wait for the Bluray to see it again...

Once it hits the dollar theater, I'll spend every dollar I've got.

And did show a lot of heart something that lacks in comic movies at times!

Heart is VERY underrated in these movies, it can make a good movie great... Imagine how much better the Transformers movies would have been if there was just a LITTLE?

or with a mentally capable Director

• Like 1