Talk about the Captain America movie

yojoebro82

Captain America was by far the best superhero movie this summer!

Awesome action, and it mixed in the character development and origin story perfectly.

Evans' Cap and Weaving's Red Skull (an awesome villian) were both dead on.

Special effects were great. They were the best kind of FX, the ones that enhance the action rather than making it look like a CGI cartoon.

The 1940's/WWII stuff was handeled really well. I liked the part where Steve starts out as a mascot to sell war bonds.

A lot to like about this movie. I really have no complaints. If you're a comic fan, you'll love it!

• Like 2

Captain America was by far the best superhero movie this summer!

Awesome action, and it mixed in the character development and origin story perfectly.

Evans' Cap and Weaving's Red Skull (an awesome villian) were both dead on.

Special effects were great. They were the best kind of FX, the ones that enhance the action rather than making it look like a CGI cartoon.

The 1940's/WWII stuff was handeled really well. I liked the part where Steve starts out as a mascot to sell war bonds.

A lot to like about this movie. I really have no complaints. If you're a comic fan, you'll love it!

Saw it this afternoon with my wife and completely agree with you. My wife who's a big Harry Potter fan but doesn't really care about superhero stuff was just asking me a lot of stuff after the movie she really got into it which really says a lot about the movie, now she wants to see Thor and First Class . Also the scenes that ties in to the Avengers movie is not forced which is really nice. This is a very good origin story/movie. Tommy Lee Jones is just great in every scene he's in.

In my humble opinion Marvel got a Hat Trick this summer. And yes the after credits was awesome, first time in my experience watching movies that an after credit scene get that kind of applause. And to that all I can say is "Next Summer Some Assembly Required"

I loved Captain America and it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy! haha I loved Tommy Lee Jones and The tie in ending to the Avengers was awesome! Cap's always been one of my favorites and to see the Avengers on screen together gave me chills! I was like Justice League who?! I loved all he shield action in the movie 'PTAAANG!!!" Tony Stark's dad was cool in the movie and funny like Tony is in his movies. The Red Skull looked great and was an excellent villian! I liked how he would just obliterate people at will,.....hilarious!!!

• Like 1

I'd say Captain America was just a step below First Class to me this summer, making it the second best film I've seen this year.

I didn't like how all this advanced weaponry was used by Hydra and Red Skull. It's too fantastical for me, I wanted Cap to be more realistic in the sense that he fought in battles with conventional weapons. Not to mention it seems like Howard Stark discovered the arc reactor design and repulsor technology from the technology Captain America stole. Can any of the Starks think of any major breakthrough on their own? Tony had to use his dad's clues left behind in order to create that new element to save his life in Iron Man 2. I just don't like that.

Overall though, it was a great film. I really, really liked everything from the beginning up to the USO shows. The interaction between Chris Evans and Stanley Tucci was very good.

I loved all he shield action in the movie 'PTAAANG!!!" Tony Stark's dad was cool in the movie and funny like Tony is in his movies. The Red Skull looked great and was an excellent villian! I liked how he would just obliterate people at will

The shield action was very cool.

Stark's dad was also very well done and serves as a neat connection between the two charaters (Cap and Iron Man). There really wasn't a bad character in the movie or one that makes you say "Why is HE there?"

And yes, if it's true that a superhero movie is only as good as the villian, then Red Skull delivers!

Stark's dad was also very well done and serves as a neat connection between the two charaters (Cap and Iron Man). There really wasn't a bad character in the movie or one that makes you say "Why is HE there?"

Really?

At one point I wanted to stand up and say, "All right, we get it. Tony's just like his dad. Ha. Ha. Ha. Can we get back to the movie please?"

• Like 1

Glad to see all the good reviews. Cap is one of my faves. Now I just have to wait for it to release (along with the rest this of this summers super-flicks) on blu-ray!! Ahhh it's killing me, but in a good way! :)

I saw Cap again last night! YaY!! I want his first suit in the movie as a Halloween outfit it would be funny! haha

Last year I was a Predator with a shoulder cannon, digital wrist read out, and a laser eye temple piece. The only thing I was missing was the cool claw razor that comes from the wrist haha. This year I wanna be Captain America!!!! #US1#

Just came back!! Loved it!! Nice mix of humor, action, FX, and epic storytelling, with a bit of romance mixed in!!

Was hesitant when I heard Jonny Storm was gonna be Cap, but he did quite well!!! I can see him leading the Avengers in next year's movie!!!

However they did the scrawny Rogers, they did it perfectly!!!

Great supporting characters too, from Dum Dum to Arnim Zola!!

Only thing that annoyed me was that asinine double hand salute!!! Oi, just use the single hand!! They are part of the Nazi regime!!!

Double hand salute?? Oh, instead of the Hail "Mustache Madman" salute. lol

I saw a piece on how they did the scrawny Rogers -- can't quite remember it now, but it used CGI tech using Evans real body, just stretching/deforming it somehow. Did it look fake?

Saw it again today with a friend its really a good origin movie.Can't wait for next summer.

A toast from his fellow Avengers.

DSC_9509.jpg

It was great. My whole family thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm one of those that didn't like the idea of Evans as Cap. I didn't like them choosing him because he didn't audition for the role, and for the fact that he's already played a Marvel superhero (the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four movies). Get ready to mark this down, I have to admit I was wrong.

Now, we just have to wait for Marvel to reboot the Fantastic Four so we can wipe Evans as the Human Torch from our memories.

Tommy Lee Jones stole the scenes he was in. He had such great lines.

"I'm not kissin' you!"

I liked how he paused in his speech when he first saw Steve in line.

Zola: "What's this?"

Phillips: "Steak."

Zola: "What's in it?"

Phillips: "Cow."

Hydra Soldier: When you cut off one head, two more head will sprout in its place."

*Col. Phillips kills Hydra Soldier*

Phillips: "Let's find some more heads."

Stanley Tucci as Eskine was great.

"People tend to forget the Nazis invaded their own country first."

"We should drink after then... I'm not doing the procedure tomorrow" *Drinks both glasses*

When Steve rescued Bucky:

Rogers: "I thought you were dead."

Bucky: "I thought you were shorter."

Tied in well with Generalissimo Stan Lee's line: "I thought he'd be taller."

The boy that was pushed into the water at the docks: "It's OK, I can swim. Go get that jerk!"

Howard Stark was pretty cool. It was funny how Steve though Stark was fonduing Peggy:

Howard Stark: "Fondue is just cheese and bread."

Rogers: "Really?"

A couple months back my younger son came up to me and asked, "In the movies and tv shows, why does everyone scream the same?" Immediately, I knew what he was talking about and explained the Wilhelm scream to him.

Ever since, when we're watching a show, and he hears it, he giggles. When the Hydra motorcycle driver did the Wilhelm, he laughed out loud, looked at me and whispered, "Wilhelm).

I'm just so proud that he was able to pick that up on his own.

Couple of gripes:

Red-headed SHIELD Agent at the end. I thought that was supposed to be the Black Widow, at first. Then, I realized that it was Amanda Righetti and not Scarlett Johansson. Then, I thought maybe they replaced Scarlett with Amanda, but I've since found out she's still listed as BW for the Avengers movie. Plus, Amanda will also be in it. Rumor is Righetti is playing Sharon Carter. If they're using Sharon Carter in the Avengers, then, they should have used Hayley Atwell to play her, as well, because Peggy and Sharon look alike except for their hair color. Sharon is supposed to be a blonde. Having to redheads might be a little confusing for the audience.

Bucky's fate:

Bucky shouldn't have died so soon.

He shouldn't have fallen from the train into the rapids at the bottom of the mountains.

They should have had him fall off of one of those little aircraft, with the American city names on them, that were held in the bomb bay of the Valkyrie wing-plane. Cap would have had to choose whether to try to fly the one little aircraft down to save him or to go on after the Red Skull on the Valkyrie. That would have fallen a little more in line with the comics.

I mean, how is a Russian sub going to make its way up that creek and retrieve Bucky's body?

I went with my friend who is more of a DC guy. He was asking me all kinds of Cap questions before the movie. He really enjoyed it too and asked me all kinds of follow up questions after the movie was over. I basically filled him in on Bucky's death, and resurrection, and Cap's death, and Bucky's turn as Cap, and Cap's resurrection, and Bucky's death (again)....etc. etc. etc. And had to leave him with a big "I don't know" when he asked why Nick Fury fought in WWII and is still realatively young today. Still, he liked the movie a lot.

As a big Cap fan I was expecting to enjoy the movie at least, imagine my surprise when I was blown away, it was great. I think they handled almost everything nicely and some other stuff was done well under the circumstances. I too was very wary of Evans as Cap at first(for the reasons stated above) but I'm glad I was proven wrong between the flag pole and grenade scenes it was just classic Steve. Red Skull was awesome first Obadiah Stane, then Loki and now Red Skull Marvel is getting some great villain portrayals in their movies. The Howling Commandos oh the Commandos they were one of the highlights of the movie especially Dugan. I absolutely loved how they handled Bucky, at first I was little upset with the difference from the comics but as the movie went on and I saw him in the war I was pleased and I can't wait for a Winter Soldier movie or an appearance in future sequels. All in All I think it was a well balanced movie with the humor,romance, characterization and the action which was one of the best in Marvel Movies. I read people complaining about the Hydra weapons I didn't find it that far fetched I mean in the old Captain America comics Cap fought vampires,supernatural beings and all sorts of weird out of place stuff in WW2. My only gripe with the movie was that I wanted more, more action, more Commandos, more Red Skull and more Nazis, I mean I loved Hydra but this is WW2 would've loved to see Cap hit an actual Nazi soldier with his shield. After credits Avengers teaser was out of this world, Hawkeye in his outfit, Cap's new outfit, Maria Hill, Black Widow and Thor looking like a giant next to Tony awesome stuff. "you got a mean swing". May 4, 2012 cannot get here fast enough. Marvel got another winner on their hands. I know this is out of topic but did anyone catch the Amazing Spider Man trailer??? I saw it and thought it looked kind of cool.

Wow, I am truly amazed at both the critics and the reviews here on TNI, easily this was one of the most forgetable movies of the season, and before you guys run away with the hate I thought Thor and X-Men First Class were leaps and bounds above Captain America. It wasn't a terrible movie but it wasn't good either.

Such a boring movie, people talk about boring introduction movies but this one takes the cake. Over an hour before any real decent action. That car scene was typical and had nothing special about it.

The love interest was boring. The love interest in Thor was forced but not nearly as boring as the love interest in Captain America.

The Stan Lee cameo was as good as it is always.

Did not like how advanced Hydra was, sure they should of been technologically superior but not at that level. Remote controlled gun, video monitors.......stupid!!!

Captain America was forced as an individual, he was as boring as Cap really is, who even cares.

Tommy Lee Jones was ok and so was the doctor who assisted the Red Skull

Red Skull was typical, he had no flair....whooooo, whooooo

Did like the escape jet that RS used because that design was real, not sure if the jet was ever made but it was real and unproduced.

The setting really felt like that era, that was really good and important.

The design of RS was good too, at first I didn't like it but the more I watched the more it worked for me.

As for the Hydra salute, all they needed was a double handclap and they could of reenacted Queen's Radio GaGa chorus

The best thing Cap did was when he lifted the Hyrda soldier on the plane and threw him out, that was really cool.

The ending was cool too.

Overall the movie was boring, plain and average. It had no style or real substance, easily the weakest superhero movie of the summer. This is strange but I could stand to watch TF3 over this and TF3 was the worst movie of all........stupid beats out boring in this case. Now I know the negatives and negative comments are going to come because that is all some of you know how to do when I post here but like I said for those who completely read what I wrote, I thought both Thor and X-Men were heads and tails above this movie, I won't even mention Green Lantern, but I am surprised not enough fuss was made about X-Men over this boring movie.

• Like 1