wave 20

shokker

the best wave ever and sad news the last one too. i am sad right now because i dont believe that dcuc will survive at mattycollector. previous sales werent good enough for them so why should that change? i bet that modern age figures are history to since everyone seems to be into golden age and since the green lantern hype is gone right now, there isnt really much that will come out on that front. guess i will be getting dc direct lanterns i missed out and who i can mix into the group. with marvel legends being as cheap as always and dcuc being as good as dead, i stick to motuc for next year and that will be it i guess. it was a nice ride do.

Have they announced the line-up for 20? And when did they say it was the last wave? I guess it was good while it lasted.

a few minutes ago at sdcc on the matty panel. the lineup will be

-hawk

-dove

-red arrow

-hooded green arrow

-reverse flash

-white lantern sinestro and flash

the line will continue exclusive on mattycollector from next year on.

Have they announced the line-up for 20? And when did they say it was the last wave? I guess it was good while it lasted.

-hawk

-dove

-red arrow

-hooded green arrow

-reverse flash

Wow, that's an awesome wave. It's pretty disappointing it's the last one though.

As I predicted some time ago I knew this would happen eventually.

Rising prices and questionable availability aside, you have to put figures in each wave that the general public would actually buy and the last seven waves have been loaded with characters only hardcore fans would want (or even know) or figures the Four Horseman thought would be cool to make.

They should have thrown in more Superman and Batman. Toy Biz knew this and Hasbro knows it, which is why there was a steady diet of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man and Hulk in the waves.

Don't get me wrong, this series has been a DC fan's dream and I commend Mattel for listening to fan requests and making the obscure of the obscure, but now it's also why you're gonna have to buy a subscription to get Jay Garrick.

There will still be 6" DCUC style figures at retail that "can exist along side your current collection," but what that means is anybody's guess. Maybe they mean Young Justice and Batman Legacy, maybe a new line, who knows.

Which is what they should be doing. As I'm sure you're aware Spider-Man and movie tie-in six inch figures still make it on the shelves.

It's a new world. Collector friendly figures at retail are an endangered species.

This Is an awesome wave and I can't wait for them, but my excitement is tempered by the news that this is the last regular wave. On the flip side, I don't mind spacing out the money I am spending on DCUC figures. This last month kicked me in the rear with Wave 17, 18, and the Batman Legacy Wave 1 all getting shipped to me within three weeks.

For me it is sad and then again not that sad. I was just about out of room for these DCUC figures as you can see from my signurae this is how my shelfs are for my figures. Only have two shelfs and with the add (I hope)of. Bizarro,Apache Chife & Anti-Monitor. Will fill my shelfs up. But for wave 20 the inly two I want is Rev. Flash & Red Aorrow. The sad part is that I will not get to have now Fire & Ice.

Well if 20 is the last wave at retail then its been a good run. Hopefully the subscription service gets support. i could do for a few more figures.

Finish the Metal Men, Doom Patrol, and a few more Legion of Superheroes themed characters after the box set.

And when that ends i'll let out a deep breath of relief knowing that my shelves are complete and i can rearrange everything one last time just the way i want it.

• Like 1

Well if 20 is the last wave at retail then its been a good run. Hopefully the subscription service gets support. i could do for a few more figures.

Finish the Metal Men, Doom Patrol, and a few more Legion of Superheroes themed characters after the box set.

And when that ends i'll let out a deep breath of relief knowing that my shelves are complete and i can rearrange everything one last time just the way i want it.

20 waves IS a good run. And that's on top of the DCSH and Batman series before that. I'm glad it lasted this long and sure I'm bummed its ending at retail, but I'll get a subscription for as long as those last.

Necron is the CnC I think. Im just happy we will see the Legion, really I can stop my DCUC after they hit (unless they do more legion like that starman, then they will have my money). Im getting a sub just for random legion, doom patrol and metal men (and that Metron, jeeze I hope he wins).

As I predicted some time ago I knew this would happen eventually.

Rising prices and questionable availability aside, you have to put figures in each wave that the general public would actually buy and the last seven waves have been loaded with characters only hardcore fans would want (or even know) or figures the Four Horseman thought would be cool to make.

They should have thrown in more Superman and Batman. Toy Biz knew this and Hasbro knows it, which is why there was a steady diet of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man and Hulk in the waves.

Don't get me wrong, this series has been a DC fan's dream and I commend Mattel for listening to fan requests and making the obscure of the obscure, but now it's also why you're gonna have to buy a subscription to get Jay Garrick.

But you don't have to buy a subscription to get him. Just buy him on the day he comes out. I hope enough people do buy subscriptions so Mattel doesn't say "Sorry, the numbers weren't there" and cancel it, but if the service does go as planned, only the poll winner(Metron, most likely) won't be available to non subscribers. If Atrocitus is the only one you want, just buy him that month and you're done. Yeah, yeah, there's shipping, but $15+shipping is less than you would pay on Entertainment Earth, BBTS, etc. And for somebody like me, who would buy the MOTU figures anyways, I can ship it together so it's not as bad.

And going by the con reports, the line itself is not really ending, any more than DCSH "ended" in 2007. There have been multiple Q&As since the DC Comics reboot was announced about the effect on the DCUC line, and their response has been some variant of "It has given us the opportunity to work some of the new looks into the line and refresh key characters. We are actually reworking some of our 2012 line up to take advantage of this! Stay tuned for more at SDCC!" So I think it's still going, they're just rebranding it to take advantage of Jim Lee redesigning so many big name characters. Star Wars does this kind of thing, like, every two years.

It sounds like the Matty stuff will focus more on the collector-friendly characters. And honestly, looking at how much MOTU has expanded since it started on Mattycollector, there are some exciting possibilities with it. MOTU is getting vehicles, giant monsters, army builder sets, crazy obscure characters, and such. Characters who would probably never make it to retail(The Chief, Doc Magnus, Johnny Thunder and T-Bolt, Granny Goodness) might have a chance as Matty exclusives.

I know "Last wave at retail" sounds very doom and gloom, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will turn out okay. NYCC should be interesting, at least.

-hawk

-dove

-red arrow

-hooded green arrow

-reverse flash

From the slide, I think Sinestro will be in his regular yellow Corps outfit, and White Lantern Flash is just a variant of Professor Zoom. I doubt he comes with his own C&C piece.

What they showed of the wave looks really good. Not crazy about Red Arrow's headsculpt, but Reverse Flash has been one of my most wanted since...before the line began, pretty much, and Hawk and Dove are awesome. Hooded Green Arrow is one of those figures that on paper I wouldn't have been excited about, but damn he looks amazing. Nekron looks really good as well. I'm glad they didn't attempt an ab crunch.

I knew the line was ending some what when the sub was leaked. I still think we will get some characters in Batman, Superman etc lines but I have my doubts if we will get some obscure characters and sets like Doom Patrol finished.

Draven

I think this line did well just like what was said earlier 20 waves is nothing to sneeze at, plus getting 2 waves of Green Lantern and a bunch of 2-packs and some 5-packs thats a lot of figures. For me I got my DCUC fill at wave 18 having the Superfriends and Legion of Doom complete was very cool. Will still support the line thru Mattycollector.com but will not be subscribing still hoping for a better Scarecrow and Bizarro figure. I'll still get Red Arrow and the Hooded Green Arrow.

This is how my DC Collection looks like.

DCCOLLECTION1.jpg

101_4639.jpg

DCCOLLECTION2.jpg

So as you can see I really don't have that much room anymore so hearing this news for me is not really sad but in a way it is as well cause I was hoping for a Fire & Ice figures to go with this collection.

just saw the voting and thats all we can vote on??? from so manny batman villains and green lantern characters and fan favorites, we get these 4?? well thats lame. they should have listed a page with 30 to 50 characters to choose from but not this. black lantern swamp thing? should have kept that for next years sdcc exclusive. black and white swamp thing in a two pack. wow 4 choices, realy fan orientated.

just saw the voting and thats all we can vote on??? from so manny batman villains and green lantern characters and fan favorites, we get these 4?? well thats lame. they should have listed a page with 30 to 50 characters to choose from but not this. black lantern swamp thing? should have kept that for next years sdcc exclusive. black and white swamp thing in a two pack. wow 4 choices, realy fan orientated.

Vote for Metron then!

Vote for Metron then!

will do man just for you lol.

ok its done. in a way his chair could be cool for zodac/k lol