DCU Club Subscription @ mattycollector.com

Wolverine042

Well I got an email today saying that their extending the subs another week. 71% behind what they want. So far its not looking good. Hopefully we'll get atleast 50%, so they can consider given us what we were offered.

Too me the worst sub out there is the MOTUC sub

I have said many times they make you buy all the figures

Who wants all the figures? I sure as hell don't want them I only want a selected few and only can afford a selected few..I swear they should consider the times we are in and stop being pigheaded fools

Well I got an email today saying that their extending the subs another week. 71% behind what they want. So far its not looking good. Hopefully we'll get atleast 50%, so they can consider given us what we were offered.

Who wants all the figures? I sure as hell don't want them I only want a selected few and only can afford a selected few..I swear they should consider the times we are in and stop being pigheaded fools

Yeah... The stock market just took another dive... I doubt they care though since people are still subbing and that is all that matters...

This would be a shame for DC collectors... RIP DC Universe...

This happened a few years ago with MOTU and they extended the sub and said things were bleak and then boom we are doing the sub @loll@

Draven

Thats good to know. I'm fine either way this ends up. I'll either be focusing a little more on other interests or looking forward to continuing this one. As they say its

"the waiting thats the hardest part"

This happened a few years ago with MOTU and they extended the sub and said things were bleak and then boom we are doing the sub @loll@

Draven

That's the spirit!

Yes, I hope thats the case.

I want this sub to go through.

In 2008, this would have gone through the roof. But at these prices now, Quality Control, and the fact that most of the bigger names are already out.....it's just not as, shall I say, "KAPOW!"

Not even a "Wham" atleast?

Apparently quite a few people given how successful the subscription has been and how coveted the line continues to be on the secondary market. Of course, one should also bear in mind that without the subscription there'd likely be no MotUC at all.

"You can only afford a selected few?" If the price of 1-3 figures a month breaks you, then you have financial worries that should preclude you collecting toys at all. They don't charge you for the whole subscription at once, and added up across the whole year it's probably only a fraction of what many collectors spend per year on toys.

Now, if it's a matter of prioritizing your collecting, then yeah...that's fine. You like some things better than others (IE You'd rather buy Marvel stuff over DC, or Transformers over G.I. Joe) and if there's not enough money left over for a subscription, that's cool. Then you just run the risk of not getting the "select few" you want, or having to pay secondary market prices for them. That's the nature of collecting. Even if the sub didn't exist there'd be a good chance the figures would sell out every month before you could get them, especially the "select few" you probably want (the main characters, most likely). Either way you're stuck going back to the secondary market.

I have seen VERY few, if any complaints about the subscription from people that are actually subscribed, much less serious complaints. Figures they don't want? Sell or trade them...there's almost always interested buyers/traders.

• Like 1

Apparently quite a few people given how successful the subscription has been and how coveted the line continues to be on the secondary market. Of course, one should also bear in mind that without the subscription there'd likely be no MotUC at all.

"You can only afford a selected few?" If the price of 1-3 figures a month breaks you, then you have financial worries that should preclude you collecting toys at all. They don't charge you for the whole subscription at once, and added up across the whole year it's probably only a fraction of what many collectors spend per year on toys.

Now, if it's a matter of prioritizing your collecting, then yeah...that's fine. You like some things better than others (IE You'd rather buy Marvel stuff over DC, or Transformers over G.I. Joe) and if there's not enough money left over for a subscription, that's cool. Then you just run the risk of not getting the "select few" you want, or having to pay secondary market prices for them. That's the nature of collecting. Even if the sub didn't exist there'd be a good chance the figures would sell out every month before you could get them, especially the "select few" you probably want (the main characters, most likely). Either way you're stuck going back to the secondary market.

I have seen VERY few, if any complaints about the subscription from people that are actually subscribed, much less serious complaints. Figures they don't want? Sell or trade them...there's almost always interested buyers/traders.

Did you ever think the people who are subscribing have good jobs make good money where this wasn't an issue? I'm sorry there are people who don't want all the figures that's why they get on each month and complain about the WSOD and i'm very sure they outnumber the people with Subs.

Even if I had the money I still don't need figures of characters I never heard of.

I think the line would go on even without subscriptions. Make it so people can order them later in the day .People get subs because they work and cannot be online all the time.Or another idea is let people pick and choose what they want with the subs.

Believe me I wanted to buy a sub but to hear in Jan I would have to buy a 3 piece set for $60 and the Sorceress for another $20 before shipping and handling charges?

Thats near $100 I can't do that I live on a budget I no longer have my own paycheck to use on toys.It's a wonder to me how people are still able to to do this with the price of gas skyrocketing and jobs loss get higher.

From my pov I have a right to be pissed I wanted Shadow Weaver...But is real tough right now So my main argument is not to push figures on me I don't want.If you guys want them all I don't care but they should let us make a choice on what we want each month and not force us to buy it

This man is a genius! I love him!

• Like 1

Did you ever think the people who are subscribing have good jobs make good money where this wasn't an issue? I'm sorry there are people who don't want all the figures that's why they get on each month and complain about the WSOD and i'm very sure they outnumber the people with Subs.

Even if I had the money I still don't need figures of characters I never heard of.

I think the line would go on even without subscriptions. Make it so people can order them later in the day .People get subs because they work and cannot be online all the time.Or another idea is let people pick and choose what they want with the subs.

Believe me I wanted to buy a sub but to hear in Jan I would have to buy a 3 piece set for $60 and the Sorceress for another $20 before shipping and handling charges?

Thats near $100 I can't do that I live on a budget I no longer have my own paycheck to use on toys.It's a wonder to me how people are still able to to do this with the price of gas skyrocketing and jobs loss get higher.

From my pov I have a right to be pissed I wanted Shadow Weaver...But is real tough right now So my main argument is not to push figures on me I don't want.If you guys want them all I don't care but they should let us make a choice on what we want each month and not force us to buy it

And once again...if you're that broke, or you don't have a job, you probably shouldn't be collecting toys at all. Toys are a luxury item no matter how you slice it. Certainly you should not get a subscription, and should probably focus your time on getting a good/better job so you can take care of yourself and/or your family and (hopefully) start buying all the toys you like again.

If it's not a matter of being broke or jobless, but a matter of your toy collecting budget being spent on other things, then like I said that's your choice, and you deal with the consequences (both good and bad) like everyone else. Again...if you spend $20 on a figure you don't want in the MotUC line, there's about a 99 percent chance SOMEONE out there will pay you cost+shipping for that figure, so you get your money back either way. Hell, most of them you could sell at a modest profit and actually bring some money in to collect more stuff. Or trade for items you want from other lines so you're saving money that way. But I guess that's too complicated for some folks.

I'm not trying to get anyone to buy a subscription to anything. That's your choice. I chose not to get a MotUC subscription the first two years it was offered, and instead picked up those "select few" that I wanted in re-releases and the regular online sales. However once I realized that I had bought 9 out of the 12 monthly figures and several of the additional items, I figured buying a subscription was worth it for me. Even the ones I didn't buy I wouldn't mind having (in most cases) and I know that I'll have no trouble selling or trading anything I really don't want (particularly if I do so at cost).

All I'm pointing out is that the "it's too expensive!" argument is generally bullshit. Most active collectors spend considerably more per month than the cost of a subscription, and if they don't because they don't have a job or are "on a budget" then refer back to my first statement in this post.

PS: "Hangers on" don't outnumber the subs by a long shot, and in fact most of the people I see complaining about the WSOD are actually subscribers buying extras or out-of-subscription items.

• Like 1

And once again...if you're that broke, or you don't have a job, you probably shouldn't be collecting toys at all. Toys are a luxury item no matter how you slice it. Certainly you should not get a subscription, and should probably focus your time on getting a good/better job so you can take care of yourself and/or your family and (hopefully) start buying all the toys you like again.

I don't appreciate your judging my sitaution I know it better then you..

Look even when I had a job I couldn't afford the sub and do not tell me how to run my life.You don't know my situation and I don't care for you critisizing it either.

I have a small budget I can afford and no matter what you say I will always think this is unfair until they let you pick what you want and NOT what they want to send you.If they did it like that I could afford it..$20-$40 won't kill me

So if you can afford it then move on,nothing I say should mean anything to somebody who has the money and wants all the figures no matter how obscure they are.This is my opinion..

Look even when I had a job I couldn't afford the sub and do not tell me how to run my life.You don't know my situation and I don't care for you critisizing it either.

I have a small budget I can afford and no matter what you say I will always think this is unfair until they let you pick what you want and NOT what they want to send you.If they did it like that I could afford it..$20-$40 won't kill me

So if you can afford it then move on,nothing I say should mean anything to somebody who has the money and wants all the figures no matter how obscure they are.This is my opinion..

I agree 100%. I think this is the heart of it, If we all had tons of money then it wouldn't be an issue. Conversely if these were all as inexpensive as they used to be just 10 years ago, the subsciption would not be a big deal. I dont remember getting my pay raised double to keep up with the doubling cost of the same figure. There is certainly nothing fun about buying 5 figures to get the baf you really wanted to begin with, same for the subscription...last time i checked this should be a fun thing.

regards

the champ

• Like 1

He's not talking about you specifically.

A lot of people here complain about the price of figures but still buy them.

They buy one toy line, then another, then another and so on.

Next thing you know they're broke. And they're blaming it on Mattel.

Just speaking on financial terms, it would be nice if this club didnt go through. Just so I could have more money in my wallet. I honestly really want it to go through though. I bought it the sub first day and I cant wait for those figures! It'll be hard to get all my money together to make sure I can be billed right away from them, but hopefully it will work. I really want the sub to go through, so it can be something like the MOTU and GB Subs. I have the GB sub and since thats every other month, that works great. So I hope it all works :D

I buy from a lot of different toy lines and when I'm broke, I dont blame Mattel. I blame them for making such awesome things I want though! :P But honestly, how can you blame a toy company for making you broke? You bought them.

Not here to judge or critic anyone though.

So I figured out that I don't have to join this so called "club" now.

I didn't read the fine print, and all the figures, with the exception of the club exclusive, will be available on the 15th of each month.

Now don't get me wrong, I wanted to join but have been on the fence since I live in Canada and have to pay extra for shipping and brokerage fees. EG. 2 Color of Fear boxsets cost me $33.00 extra in brokerage fees when they were sent here.

So with shipping they cost me about $50.00 each.

I have a po box in Detroit and Mattel won't ship to a PO box since my shipping address has to be the same as my billing address.

I just looked at BBTS and when they had this particular 2 pack it was 45.00. So why would I bother ordering from Mattel? BBTS ships to po boxes! Their Ghostbuster's figures are only $34.99 that's exactly what it will cost me to order 1 figure from Mattel. Or be on their Columbia house scam as I am now calling it. At least Columbia House let you send a card back to say whether you wanted the disc or not. These guys are just straight up making you buy every one.

Which brings me to another problem, 2 of the figures I know about I'm already happy with from DC Direct.

The sculpt on Atrocitus' face is nothing compared to DCD's and I'm happy with the Alex Ross Starman, even if he is a little tall.

All I ever here about is articulation this and pose that. The truth of the matter is that I have rarely ever seen anyone who has all their figures in crazy Kung Fu poses all the time. What I see the most is figures standing next to each other on woodgrain shelving units or people's dining room tables. It appears to be that 15 minutes of playtime and photo taking the majority of us are worried about.

The only figure I'm interested in is the Flash just because he looks old and decrepit the way he is supposed to. So i will just order it elsewhere.

I don't know what else to say other than, Mattel I'm not jumping on board,

good luck.

I'm going to have to pass on the subscription. My interest in the line was already winding down, and now the figures are going to be even more expensive. $15 plus tax and shipping no longer seems worth it to me -- and yes, I can afford it. I guess I'd just rather spend my money elsewhere now. For the price of the subscription + tax and shipping, I can probably afford a couple Hot Toys figures, which will be much more impressive on the shelf.

So I figured out that I don't have to join this so called "club" now.

I didn't read the fine print, and all the figures, with the exception of the club exclusive, will be available on the 15th of each month.

Now don't get me wrong, I wanted to join but have been on the fence since I live in Canada and have to pay extra for shipping and brokerage fees. EG. 2 Color of Fear boxsets cost me $33.00 extra in brokerage fees when they were sent here.

So with shipping they cost me about $50.00 each.

I have a po box in Detroit and Mattel won't ship to a PO box since my shipping address has to be the same as my billing address.

I just looked at BBTS and when they had this particular 2 pack it was 45.00. So why would I bother ordering from Mattel? BBTS ships to po boxes! Their Ghostbuster's figures are only $34.99 that's exactly what it will cost me to order 1 figure from Mattel. Or be on their Columbia house scam as I am now calling it. At least Columbia House let you send a card back to say whether you wanted the disc or not. These guys are just straight up making you buy every one.

Which brings me to another problem, 2 of the figures I know about I'm already happy with from DC Direct.

The sculpt on Atrocitus' face is nothing compared to DCD's and I'm happy with the Alex Ross Starman, even if he is a little tall.

All I ever here about is articulation this and pose that. The truth of the matter is that I have rarely ever seen anyone who has all their figures in crazy Kung Fu poses all the time. What I see the most is figures standing next to each other on woodgrain shelving units or people's dining room tables. It appears to be that 15 minutes of playtime and photo taking the majority of us are worried about.

The only figure I'm interested in is the Flash just because he looks old and decrepit the way he is supposed to. So i will just order it elsewhere.

I don't know what else to say other than, Mattel I'm not jumping on board,

good luck.

You're missing a key detail:

If the Subscription does not go through, these figures are NOT going to be offered on Matty's "sale days" because they're not going to be produced. Matty has said that there's a chance they could start slotting "some" of the figures (read: The ones that fit into the "new" DCU, so the JSA is out) into the "rebranded" line starting in 2013 or 2014...if DCUC survives that long, but they are not going to be produced in 2012 if the subscription doesn't happen. So the "I'll just order from BBTS" scenario falls through.

But if you prefer statues, that's your business.

• Like 1