DCU Club Subscription @ mattycollector.com

Wolverine042

damn that atrocitus looks awesome. i will get one sub but just because of him and in hope to see greatness next year.

Thats funny because he wasn't the one I was excited for....Starman And Jay Garrick did it for me!

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the price for these, They'll probably be 25.00 with shipping and tax each and then they'll get bumped up next year. I can't believe that people are going to spend over 300.00 just to get a Metron figure... well i hope all the fans vote for a black lantern Swampthing. HAHA

This is mattels solution to the craptastic distribution and high price of the figures... make them even more expensive and produce low quantaties that sell out in less than 30 min, that solves it.

Well i'll be signing up for the sub. I dont want to deal with being online to order and the disappointment if something sells out too fast.

I think its a reasonable deal. Not so many trips to Wal-Mart, 9 regular figures and essentially 3 CnCs. I know i've got one friend who'll probably join me so i can get two subs.

If i can get a few more i could probably make shipping negligible.

Hmm...cant stop thinking about those old civil war chess sets by time life. Vote Metron.

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the price for these, They'll probably be 25.00 with shipping and tax each and then they'll get bumped up next year. I can't believe that people are going to spend over 300.00 just to get a Metron figure... well i hope all the fans vote for a black lantern Swampthing. HAHA

This is mattels solution to the craptastic distribution and high price of the figures... make them even more expensive and produce low quantaties that sell out in less than 30 min, that solves it.

I'm surprised it took more than 12 hours for the "Blame Everything on Mattel," crowd to show up.

First off, the distribution is "craptastic" because Mattel never learned a damn thing from Toy Biz and Hasbro and decided against putting figures in the lineups the majority of people would actually buy.

Secondly, considering the amount of time and gas spent looking for these figures they might as well already be $25.

The Matty Collector Web Site sucks, we'll all give you that, which is why they offer the subscriptions.

This change should have come a long time ago.

Just ordered my two subscriptions....if they go through with them anyways....

Is that thermometer thing on the site legit? If so, it's not looking good for this club. We're three days into this offer and the thermometer hasn't budged out of the twenties! What happens to Flash and Starman (I don't care about Atrocitous!) if this thing doesn't go through?

Just ordered my two subscriptions....if they go through with them anyways....

Is that thermometer thing on the site legit? If so, it's not looking good for this club. We're three days into this offer and the thermometer hasn't budged out of the twenties! What happens to Flash and Starman (I don't care about Atrocitous!) if this thing doesn't go through?

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully everyone's just away for the weekend otherwise DCUC fans are screwed.

I have joined so with that this will crash and burn

so, how much is the sub in total?

Its 9 figures at $15 each.

3 "oversized" figures at $30 each.

And the initial $30 to pay for the sub and exclusive.

I'm wondering how many "oversized" figures they can come up with if that becomes a regular part of the sub?

When I bought my sub they added on the first figure with the sub too. So it was a total of like 57 dollars I think? With tax and shipping for the first figure.

They initially charged me the same amount, then I checked my account and they only charged me for the subscription fee.

When I bought my sub they added on the first figure with the sub too. So it was a total of like 57 dollars I think? With tax and shipping for the first figure.

They initially charged me the same amount, then I checked my account and they only charged me for the subscription fee.

I dont know whats going on with mine. My account says I'm being charged the 30 something for the sub and the 57 amount aswell. I'll have to check it tomorrow to make sure I'm not being double charged.

Well this sub isnt off to a great start for me :/

I hate this hostage-taking Mattel always pulls with their products.

"Hey, Guys! You want 'X?' Well, we need everyone to sign contracts and commit to buying a certain number of 'X' before we decide if it's worth our while to even make it!"

Whatever happened to building your market with good service and a good product?

"Hey, Guys! You want 'X?' Well, we need everyone to sign contracts and commit to buying a certain number of 'X' before we decide if it's worth our while to even make it!"

This is very true, was greatly annoyed when I realized the line was not going away and now I have incurred an extra monthly bill. I came here to write that I hope the subscription thing actually fails so that we can still get figures the standard way.....considering the line isn't moving from retail.

This is very true, was greatly annoyed when I realized the line was not going away and now I have incurred an extra monthly bill. I came here to write that I hope the subscription thing actually fails so that we can still get figures the standard way.....considering the line isn't moving from retail.

What people are not getting is that if the sub fails you won't get the fan requested figures such as the rest of Doom Patrol, Metal Men etc. It's just doesn't make economic sense for Mattel to mass produce this kind of figure for retail just to please the hardened collector.

With no sub there will just be the retail product producing the new universe figures and occasionally the more popular classic characters (Superman, Batman, etc).

They are just trying to give us a way to get the less popular figures while also ensuring that it makes economic sense for them.

The choice is simple; if you want the fan requested figures you'll need to pay a premium and subscribe.

What people are not getting is that if the sub fails you won't get the fan requested figures such as the rest of Doom Patrol, Metal Men etc. It's just doesn't make economic sense for Mattel to mass produce this kind of figure for retail just to please the hardened collector.

With no sub there will just be the retail product producing the new universe figures and occasionally the more popular classic characters (Superman, Batman, etc).

They are just trying to give us a way to get the less popular figures while also ensuring that it makes economic sense for them.

The choice is simple; if you want the fan requested figures you'll need to pay a premium and subscribe.

Thats basicly it in a nutshell, we wont see a Metron unless this sub comes about. And yes I agree that is completly crappy, but hell I have several uncomplete marvel legends teams so it is what it is. I hope the sub comes about, if only to give me my Jay and Starman (and maybe elastic girl, really hoping for an elastic girl).

And matty posted on their facebook that the charges for the first fig will drop, only the sub is being charged right now.