DCU Club Subscription @ mattycollector.com

Wolverine042

Any details on how this works?

Probably just like the MOTU sub. If enough people subscribe then every month a figure (which if MOTU is an indication you won't know the entire line up when you sign up) a figure will be shipped to you for X amount of money. Once you subscribe you will be on board for every month's figure whether you want it or not and, again I reiterate, there is a slim-to-none chance of knowing the entire lineup when you sign up.

Its all fan poll based according to what I read. That is one reason why no names have been dropped yet. I am not sure how I feel about this. Could be cool or could be a sign that DCUC are starting to die at retail all together.

Draven

Its all fan poll based according to what I read. That is one reason why no names have been dropped yet. I am not sure how I feel about this. Could be cool or could be a sign that DCUC are starting to die at retail all together.

Draven

I think its safe to say DCUC might be cooling at retail. They hardly ever offer A-List characters anymore. While I enjoy and get excited by the prospect of getting some obscure C-Listers, I can see how retail chains might be MEH on the line as a whole if its not turning over like it used to. So if they have to drop down to a matty only line part of me is cool with that. that way I'm only dropping money on a select few figures a year.

I think this is how they should have been doing DCUC all along. I get tired of seeing figures that kids don't want clogging the aisle at Walmart. Mattel produces those figures because adult fans want them. Then they dont sale and retailers stop ordering them. They should have the figures all kids know at retail and have the more obscure but in demand figures available on Mattycollector.

I think this is how they should have been doing DCUC all along. I get tired of seeing figures that kids don't want clogging the aisle at Walmart. Mattel produces those figures because adult fans want them. Then they dont sale and retailers stop ordering them. They should have the figures all kids know at retail and have the more obscure but in demand figures available on Mattycollector.

The problem with 1 figure a month, plus a sub exclusive figure, is only 13 figures a year. That's great for MOTU which didn't have 70+ years worth of stories, characters, costumes, and variations to pull from.

The problem with 1 figure a month, plus a sub exclusive figure, is only 13 figures a year. That's great for MOTU which didn't have 70+ years worth of stories, characters, costumes, and variations to pull from.

Then that means the subscription service and DC Universe classics could have a very long life. A longer life than the way they do it now by selling figures at retail kids dont want therefore killing the line before we get all those 70 years of figures. It would also take care of all those distribution issues.

Well hopefully they'll maintain retail product and use the subscription for the more difficult stuff to market at brick and mortars.

Hopefully they consider doing two or three packs vs one figure per month. It would ease my dislike of shipping costs.

I think this will give us a chance to complete some of our teams that we probably couldn't through retail, such as Doom Patrol, Metal Men, and JSA. Honestly, how well would a Platinum or Johnny Thunder figure do at retail?

"While you'll still find 6" figures at retail, MattyCollector.com will be the only place to get the most fan-demanded and true collector characters!!"

"figures offered in the subscription will only be available at Mattycollector.com"

Does that mean the figures will be able to be purchased on the site individually?

I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A SUB. JUST TO GET JAY GARRICK FLASH!

Well, I got my subscription and I hope enough people sign up so that they will move forward with the service. Jay Garrick Flash looks awesome and the Starman looks great. On a side note, I hope that everyone votes for Metron and his Möbius Chair.

I wouldnt worry if you dont want the sub (although I will be getting one, a metron is way to important for my new gods). They will sell the figs online every month, just not the exclusive.

This is ridiculous I live in Canada and whenever I've ordered anything MattyCollector they ship Ups or Fedex and CustomS slaps a brokerage fee on it.

If something cost me $70.00 it's almost a $30.00 brokerage fee!

I DESPISE YOU MATTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT I STILL WANT THE TOYS YAARGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!