GiJoe 2 movie costumes going to be good or bad?

CLAM

For those of us hoping that the costumes for the new GiJoe movie would be more like traditional GiJoes or at least much better than the ROC garbage, I might have some bad news.

I was looking at who the designers are and what they have worked on, and it seems like we are in for some bad costume designs for the new movie.

One of the designers is Constantine Sekeres. He had a hand in designing some pretty bad costumes in my opinion: Green Lantern, Thor, Incredible Hulk (Abomination, yuck), fantastic Four 1 & 2, X-men 3.... but he has done some more realistic military work also: Jarhead, Terminator . My biggest gripe with him is probably the Green Lantern costumes. I hate them.

The other designer is Christian Cordella. He has also done plenty of costumes that I am not a fan of: Captain America, Thor, GiJoe ROC, and Ironman 2 (WHiplash sucked!).

SO I just really hope that Hasbro steps in this time and does a better job telling them what to do for the costumes. The last toyline should have showed them that those designs weren't a big hit with fans

Well, to be fair I still think the original ROC designs were based on the Sigma 6 look that was pretty popular for a short time right as development of the movie began. Had the movie come out sooner to the height of Sigma 6's popularity, I think it would have made more sense. In my mind too much time had passed between Sigma 6 and the release of ROC.

As far as your list there is concerned CLAM...IMO there's way too many superhero influences for my tastes. Where are the guys that designed the characters from the original Predator film? Granted, there's not much design involved in outfitting realistic military types, but that's what G.I. Joe needs. Yeah, give 'em a hint of ROC black with a patch or something somewhere in or on their uniforms, but c'mon...let's see some individuality that made the original Joes so unique and cool.

ARAH was more like Kelly's Hero's, The Dirty Dozen, A-Team, the Colonial Marines from Aliens and Sgt. Rock and Easy Company all rolled up into one, with eccentric characters in their own costumes, old, new, in between and lasers. I never got that they were super heros that needed spandex and bulky armored suits throughout. ROC even ruined Snake Eyes with that stupid rubber suit.

One of the worst aspects of the first movie was the horrible designs. Clam your more of a purist than I am so not every movie on that list bothers me, I actually liked many of the designs from the Thor and X-men movies... well okay not everyone of the x-men designs but most. ROC even had a few ideas i liked, the blue base uniforms were nice, if they didn't have the logo inside them and as Baroness looked herself, I understood the need for more modern looking glasses and the use of them as tech like in renegades. But Snake-eyes, Stormshadow, CC, all the joes in black, the neo-stargate skull vipers and the star trek and duct tape techno vipers were all unexcusable bad. I could have even stood some liquid type armor if re colored and individualized ( like how poc figs have used them (under beachead's vest and jungle duke comes to mind)

Updated designs can be done in a way to please purists a little and still feel modern and over all Joe like, POC and resolute still have their faults but prove it's true. I of course expect everyone to have at least (heck preferable just one) knee pad! @smilepunch@

One of the best appeals of CC's face plate was the reflecting whoever you are back at you aspect. Maybe it wasn't intentional and silver was just neat etc. But i always saw CC using that to his advantage, tricking others into being sympathic, after if you look into your own face you see your own motive.s

ARAH was more like Kelly's Hero's, The Dirty Dozen, A-Team, the Colonial Marines from Aliens and Sgt. Rock and Easy Company all rolled up into one, with eccentric characters in their own costumes, old, new, in between and lasers. I never got that they were super heros that needed spandex and bulky armored suits throughout. ROC even ruined Snake Eyes with that stupid rubber suit.

im with you on all counts. just make them as real as possible thats all we want well most of us. as roc was just bad the toys sucked and the movie sucked.

One of the best appeals of CC's face plate was the reflecting whoever you are back at you aspect. Maybe it wasn't intentional and silver was just neat etc. But i always saw CC using that to his advantage, tricking others into being sympathic, after if you look into your own face you see your own motive.s

Wow...that's really deep rev. I like it! (lol) Seriously, you're right. CC's original mask was just a cold, emotionless, yet sleek and somehow intimidating look that was just such an iconic image. The ROC version is like a B-slasher-movie boogey-man mask that's almost laughable and not really intimidating at all. I used to really like it, but it's not holding up for me over time suprisingly.

Now I do like how the original POC CC mask combines both looks; you have the stylized, sleek chrome, but then you have the cold, emotionless and intimidating Aztec-ish skull-mask that's cool to me on so many levels.

If Hasbro wants to actually sell movie toys this time, they should have a mandate that each character has a unique costume.

That makes me wonder...did they actually push for a more uniformed look for ROC, because you know how they love to recycle and re-use parts to maximize molds. Hmm...

If Hasbro wants to actually sell movie toys this time, they should have a mandate that each character has a unique costume.

That makes me wonder...did they actually push for a more uniformed look for ROC, because you know how they love to recycle and re-use parts to maximize molds. Hmm...

parts I can see, but they could have splashed it up with color. I think the early poster was right, it was based off of sigma six's more uniform designs. I think one of the "realistic" elements they wanted to add to create a more military feel was the uniforms. I'm sure it saved a ton of money on set as well.

But i honestly wouldn't have thought of that , I woudl think Hasbro would push for neon colors ! :) but you may have a point. Hopefully they have learned this time around.

I think the early poster was right, it was based off of sigma six's more uniform designs. I think one of the "realistic" elements they wanted to add to create a more military feel was the uniforms. I'm sure it saved a ton of money on set as well.

I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't even get into Sigma Six until they started getting away from that "uniformed" look and liked the later additions MUCH better. Not that a "uniformed" military is a bad thing, but the designs they come up with are Fantastic Four-ish or Robo Cop like. Not really what I want to see for G.I.Joe as a whole, maybe just ONE characters specific uniform (like Sci-Fi or Barbecue) but not the whole damn team.