Opening Your Action Figure

Sometimes I wait a couple of days and I use a blade to open it so I don't destroy the backer card

Yeah i do the same.It's been a couple weeks or so since i picked up my Captain America Movie Figure and i don't think i can hold out much longer .I may open that bad boy tonight......or not.

I have stuff I haven't opened in 20 years....

were you ever tempted to open something that you've had in it's original packaging for so long?I know it would probably decrease the value.I open everything.I can't help it.I keep all the boxes though.

It just depends with me. I'm usually a MOC/MISB collector, but from time to time I'll open a random figure if it's not one I care to keep packaged, or if it's a double of one I do have in mint packaging and I want a second one to open and appreciate in-hand. But sometimes it may take a few days if I'm real busy. Then other times I just get a wild hair and open something just to open it and enjoy it loose. But again if I have something in mint packaging I leave it alone. When I was a kid though, and I collected G.I. Joe figures, man...those things didn't even make it home from the store usually. (lol) Keeping figures in their packaging was a foreign concept to me then, although I was still very careful and gentle with them.

I'm very Jekyll/Hyde when opening figures. I'm a firm believer in freeing toys from their plastic prisons. MOST of the time I open them within ten minutes of getting home. But often I don't have room to display everything I get and end up leaving some figures on cards to be opened at a later date (which, ironically, I realize takes up more space). Looking around my room right now, I have ALL the Ghostbusters still on card, Masterpiece Grimlock and Skywarp, GoldenAge DCUC Robin, a second GreenLantern DCUC Manhunter, an Infinite Heroes Deathstroke, a Movie Master Two-Face, and a couple of those Multi-Pack Superhero Squad sets. Oh, and MovoeMaster GreenMan is still in the WhiteBox. And, uhmmm, I got about a half dozen LEGO sets in my trunk or the garage that haven't been opened yet. And I'm pretty sure there's some Palisades Muppets figures, i still haven't gotten around to opening. And some LOTR. And a bunch of Star Wars vehicles stored in the basement. And some Marvel Legends Variants. And that Rare HTF Cobra Commander from SDCC a few years ago. And that statue King Greyskull. And I think the Stan Lee Spider-Man.

But other than THOSE dammit, I open EVERYTHING!!!

depends on the figure some times i dont open them... If its one i buy with plans to display open I generally open it as soon as i can when i get home .... I wait till I get home & double check the package for parts so i don't have any go missing on me

anybody know how to take the bubble off without screwing up the card? I have all the 25th and POC joes and I want to open some of them up, but be able to reattach the bubble later... so how can I get the glue to come unsticky??

one time I had a 25th crimson guard in my trunk for a month or so.. and the bubble just fell off by itself!

anybody know how to take the bubble off without screwing up the card? I have all the 25th and POC joes and I want to open some of them up, but be able to reattach the bubble later... so how can I get the glue to come unsticky??

one time I had a 25th crimson guard in my trunk for a month or so.. and the bubble just fell off by itself!

Possibly heat? Maybe a hair dryer?

i open everything. if i intend to keep one in package then i buy double lol. i have all the motuc packaged and open. also i keep all the arnold schwarzenegger figures in package. then with wwe difining moments, i open them but i keep the boxes. they are good looking.

i open everything. if i intend to keep one in package then i buy double lol. i have all the motuc packaged and open. also i keep all the arnold schwarzenegger figures in package. then with wwe difining moments, i open them but i keep the boxes. they are good looking.

That's my problem,i can't bring myself to buy doubles or even triples(like some do) of the same figure.Although these Captain America movie figs look so cool in their packaging that i may,for the first time double up on them.

I don't keep anything in the box, to me it's like having a Christmas present you are never allowed to open. I do thank the MIB collectors for eventually selling their stuff since I would rather buy something still in the box from ebay. Honestly, I would usually open them in the car if I bought it in store (which hasn't happened in a bit) and if I get it by mail it doesn't last for more then a few seconds after I get home. Unless the packaging is amazing, I have little interest, there's no point in keeping an empty box to me.

I say, free all figures from their plastic prisons!

I don't keep anything in the box, to me it's like having a Christmas present you are never allowed to open. I do thank the MIB collectors for eventually selling their stuff since I would rather buy something still in the box from ebay. Honestly, I would usually open them in the car if I bought it in store (which hasn't happened in a bit) and if I get it by mail it doesn't last for more then a few seconds after I get home. Unless the packaging is amazing, I have little interest, there's no point in keeping an empty box to me.

I say, free all figures from their plastic prisons!

I am the same way until recently... I been running out of room for display so most of my new stuff goes into file boxes... Hopefully I will buy a house soon and dedicated a whole room to this hobby...

I used to be a semi MISB collector... I remember those days standing in the toy aisle for a damn long time looking for the best card/box and the toy inside...

nope, it doesn't work... unless you have to hold it there for DAYS

I have stuff I haven't opened in 20 years....

were you ever tempted to open something that you've had in it's original packaging for so long?I know it would probably decrease the value.I open everything.I can't help it.I keep all the boxes though.

Not really, I always buy two of an item so I can open one.

But most of my collection has both items MISP....

I will admit, I mainly like to keep toys that come in retro-style packaging, like the Star Wars Vintage Collection figures, 25th Anniversary Joes, and Encore Transformers, MOC or MISB. And occaisionally, if there's a cool 3-3/4" line I like, I'll usually collect a MOMC set of them since I'm such a sucker for that scale. But when it comes to other lines, like NECA's Predators and Terminator 2 figures, I don't care to keep them packaged so much. I have no emotional or nostalgic connection to the packaging, and the figures are amazing works of art that must be displayed loose. (lol) So when it comes to stuff like that, I like to open a few for display. But space is the main reason I don't open more, like others have alluded to. My man-cave is a finished building out back, and although it's really nice, it's rather small, so I'm limited as to what and how I display. I did have to open a few of my Gentle Giant Star Wars statues a few years ago because I found a leak in one of my walls and some of the boxes had gotten wet. So they're on display, but most everything else is stored away in boxes and totes. So I guess I straddle the fence as it were when it comes to the question of whether stuff should be opened or loose. I completely understand and can make points for both sides of the debate.

nope, it doesn't work... unless you have to hold it there for DAYS

Once its open its open no going back just rip the sucker