Who's at work?

RockthePlank

I work with a couple of women, but my department is predominately male. I haven't seen anyone cry yet, but I can't imagine what I'd do in that situation.

Yeah... its very uncomfortable. The latest was a meeting with my supervisor and two other behind closed doors and my supervisor said something kinda of harsh to one of the girls and she just started crying. like it was so super awkward, then the supervisor tried to make her feel better and she cried harder, I just stood up in the meeting, and walked out of the room and back to my desk....

Another time the department head ( a woman) fired a woman who sat next to me, and the head ask me to help her carry her things to the car. So its me with a box of stuff, the woman who just got fired and is BALLING, and the department head all walking outside together to her car. I just sat it down and walked back...

When I first joined the Army, I was administration (that's what happens to us red/green color blind guys). When I got to my first unit, they put me in my section, and I was the only male. Guess what happened any time there was a heavy lifting detail? Or any other crappy detail for that manner. They were all friends that go together after work and hung out. I was just the hired help.

still at work. i finish in an hour and my weekend can start. cant wait to go home. its pizzanight. cawabonga lol. i just have to decide if i get regular or pizza hut. i let my girl decide. i handle the eating but who is gonna pay? maybe i ask her brother to come along lol lol. i know cheapass but heyyy i have a stay puft to pay on monday lol.

Ahhh, all here in the loneliness of the night job! But I was thinking about something the other day that made me pause. A coworker in my office and I were talking and I said something like "well, we are all different people outside of this place" and she says "not me, what you see is what you get" and that made me pause and think about it. Is everyone being for real and am I the ONLY one who is being fake to everyone? I hate to say it, but to survive the office setting, you need to be able to blend in. It's like watching the first season of Dexter, when he is talking about how important it is for your coworkers to feel like you are one of them, and that you do and say little things to keep up appearances. I'm no cerial killer or anything, but I would say there are parts of my normal life that I have to leave out of the work place, since it would probably get me fired.

Anyhow, anyone else feel like they need to wear this mask? Does anyone else purposely say good morning and the persons name to everyone they pass in the morning? (you must say their name because people like hearing other people say their name) I feel hallow on the inside at the work place, like I just become a drone, a shell of a person, like a part of me dies when I walk in the building and is reborn once I step back outside.

Sorry for the rant, just been thinking about it lately and decided to see whats up, plus its 3:13 am... bordem

oh man i was just like that myself. i had over 15 women around me and i knew them all. ever little thing is a drama and they cry all the time. i knew every solution to their problems. i was the guy to go to if something happens or if something has to be done or to talk. woman love to talk. i worked at a toyshop before and it was a little company with 3 shops for themself. i was the manager at one of them. i was always the kind of guy who cared for everyone and i want people to be happy but when the docs said to me that i had cancer and i had to stay at home for 8 months, i barely had a phoncall from all of these coworkers who act like they were friends and all. after that i became someone who doesnt really cared as much for coworkers. when i came back, i was hollow inside. i did not cared anymore. i was done. the boss decided to close two shops and i had to move to the main shop in the city. i did not cared. i was like "yeah well" if i have to. there was another guy i knew really good who had to come in the city to. my exboss couldnt keep him so he had 2 months to stay before he could leave so he went along. i was lucky that i could keep my job but i did not cared. one day i went to my usual comicshop and the guy told me that he will close because he is in his late 50s and he wanted to go slow on things. i asked what had to be done if the comicshop had to continue? he told me a number and i thought about it. the next day i got yelled at because i did a nice action figure deco with my private collection and she wasnt pleased and told me the guy who worked his ass off for over ten years that i dont know what i have to do. woooow. so i went outside and looked up and i took it as a sign. i called the comicbook guy and we made the deal that i take over the comicbook shop. then i went back in and i asked the guy who worked with me if he wanted my job because i would quit the next day. he said hell no lol lol. that was a funny moment when he said no lol. so i went up to my exboss and quit. she was all speachless because the main guy who knew everything from barbie down to wooden toys will be gone before the huge sale. she tryed to get me back with more money but i told her that i cant stand all of them anymore. after this i cared even less lol. by law i still had to stay for 3 months but since i was the guy who overworkded every day, i had 2 months of vacation left. so after a month i was gone. i felt so good that moment i tell you. my exboss sure asked the other guy to stay but he realy left to. i even talked to him because he had 2 kids and that he should think about it but he realy left. right now i am happy maybe because i work mostly alone and at peace. i love my work and i love coming here all the time, i have a girl who i love and she accepts me who i am. i am in the right place of my life right now and i hope that it continues like this.

• Like 1

Shokker that is a very compelling story, I am glad you pulled through and I hope things have gotten better for you!

I understand that certain level of fakeness we all need to achieve, maybe some are more genuine then others, but I can barely stomach it. I feel like such a fraud sometimes, my friendly and warm exterior I let everyone see is not close to the real me. Yeah I am nice and kind, but to people I want to be. I can't stand when people bring their kids to work. It's the same old crap "wow, your baby is so cute... so amazing... just like her mama!" God could I be any less enthusiastic about it?

Back at work as well... ignoring paperwork instead of doing it. I am so tired of internal politics...

Try the Army some time. Politics are horrible. Here you get to through the rank part into it too.

But whatever. Most people don't know that I'm typing away on these boards in the middle of the day when I should be hard at work on something.

Try the Army some time. Politics are horrible. Here you get to through the rank part into it too.

But whatever. Most people don't know that I'm typing away on these boards in the middle of the day when I should be hard at work on something.

No way I could do Army, just not my thing, but I thank you sir for all your hard work and service!

And yep, you guess it, back at work again. Then tonight I work the night job again, so I am sure I will be haunting these boards as usual since there is NOTHING to do at the night job. FYI, if anyone out there ever wants an incredibly easy night job, try being a night auditor at a hotel. I probably do about an hours worth of work in an 8 hour shift, they rest of the time you try not to fall asleep!

Back at work as well... ignoring paperwork instead of doing it. I am so tired of internal politics...

Somethings never change!

There was lots of politics and issues with rank when I was in and that was awhile ago.

Just coming in to work now. I'll probably waste about 1-2 hours online before I get anything done.

Also, has anyone noticed what an easy way this is of getting posts counted for the giveaway?

Who's at work?

Me.

One more contributing post. @loll@