Who's at work?

RockthePlank

guilty, never before getting this state job though! My last shift a week is 16 hours and I have a lot of late time for paperwork... i get distracted.

I do, sometimes, when I do have time, which hasn't been much lately. I don't think I'm supposed to though... :unsure:<_<

I only access the internet at work. 3-4 hours of work and 4-5 hours of surfing. Great job.

Here I be! @smilepunch@

I got another 45 minutes... Hopefully by the time I come in HTS exclusives hasnt sold out...

damn! any idea on what time?

No... They just saying tomorrow morning... Hopefully its not like Rodimus who sold out at 4am (Central)...

Im just after a stupid pony... it shouldn't be too bad... right?

I got another 45 minutes... Hopefully by the time I come in HTS exclusives hasnt sold out...

damn! any idea on what time?

No... They just saying tomorrow morning... Hopefully its not like Rodimus who sold out at 4am (Central)...

Im just after a stupid pony... it shouldn't be too bad... right?

For the wife?... I think the pony should be safe... They havent started the sale yet and there is no hint on their website that they even have exclusives...

Ahhh, all here in the loneliness of the night job! But I was thinking about something the other day that made me pause. A coworker in my office and I were talking and I said something like "well, we are all different people outside of this place" and she says "not me, what you see is what you get" and that made me pause and think about it. Is everyone being for real and am I the ONLY one who is being fake to everyone? I hate to say it, but to survive the office setting, you need to be able to blend in. It's like watching the first season of Dexter, when he is talking about how important it is for your coworkers to feel like you are one of them, and that you do and say little things to keep up appearances. I'm no cerial killer or anything, but I would say there are parts of my normal life that I have to leave out of the work place, since it would probably get me fired.

Anyhow, anyone else feel like they need to wear this mask? Does anyone else purposely say good morning and the persons name to everyone they pass in the morning? (you must say their name because people like hearing other people say their name) I feel hallow on the inside at the work place, like I just become a drone, a shell of a person, like a part of me dies when I walk in the building and is reborn once I step back outside.

Sorry for the rant, just been thinking about it lately and decided to see whats up, plus its 3:13 am... bordem

Ahhh, all here in the loneliness of the night job! But I was thinking about something the other day that made me pause. A coworker in my office and I were talking and I said something like "well, we are all different people outside of this place" and she says "not me, what you see is what you get" and that made me pause and think about it. Is everyone being for real and am I the ONLY one who is being fake to everyone? I hate to say it, but to survive the office setting, you need to be able to blend in. It's like watching the first season of Dexter, when he is talking about how important it is for your coworkers to feel like you are one of them, and that you do and say little things to keep up appearances. I'm no cerial killer or anything, but I would say there are parts of my normal life that I have to leave out of the work place, since it would probably get me fired.

Anyhow, anyone else feel like they need to wear this mask? Does anyone else purposely say good morning and the persons name to everyone they pass in the morning? (you must say their name because people like hearing other people say their name) I feel hallow on the inside at the work place, like I just become a drone, a shell of a person, like a part of me dies when I walk in the building and is reborn once I step back outside.

Sorry for the rant, just been thinking about it lately and decided to see whats up, plus its 3:13 am... bordem

I work 8-5 in an office setting (that's when I'm most active here so I guess I'm outting my self as posting during working hours) and I also act different than the way I really act. I'll act like myself with a couple of guys I've gotten to know well, but to everyone else I'll be polite and that's it.

I work 8-5 in an office setting (that's when I'm most active here so I guess I'm outting my self as posting during working hours) and I also act different than the way I really act. I'll act like myself with a couple of guys I've gotten to know well, but to everyone else I'll be polite and that's it.

I guess part of the deal is that I am the ONLY MAN in my department. Out of the 15 or so people that work in my area, they are all women, as are most people in the building where I work (all the guys mostly work in the IT department) There used to be another guy here who sat next to me, it was alot more tollerable then, just being able to relate to another guy makes a really big difference (I've seen almost every woman here cry atleast once in my 5 years)

I'm telling your boss BigBot for stealing company time!