Netflix rocks!!!

Lady Jaye

I just saw today that Star Trek the Next Gen is available on Netflix!!! Sweet!! Now I can relive the entire series whenever and wherever I want with no commercials!!

And for you old timers, the orinal series is available too!!!

I wonder when and if the other series will become available?? Maybe they are and just haven't looked!!! LOL

i may finally give voyager a second chance.... maybe. but they have twin peaks too so i do have priorities.

I can finally check out the last episode of Enterprise. I hear it's terrible, but as a ST fan I should at least be able to say I've seen the episode that put the nail in ST's coffin.

Now I have TNG, Enterprise, Power Rangers, and the X Men and Avenger's cartoons to keep me busy. Thank you Netflix!

We may have all spoke too soon here. Like all things that people like a lot, the price has gone UP

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/12/7069809-thousands-threaten-to-quit-netflix?gt1=43001

I'll just be getting the streaming package for $8 a month. I've only had netflix deliver a DVD to me once, don't like having to wait to get it in the mail. I'll go Redbox if I can't find it there. If the price goes up anymore I'll just drop it, no biggie.

We just had the streaming for a while, but my wife kept saying she wanted to watch new Dexter's, so I got the disc... three months ago, it still hasn't been watched all the way through.

Honestly it's a great service, I feel kind of like a chump for owning all the American Dad's, South Park's, and a bunch of others that are kinda pointless to have on disc. Seems like they are adding shows all the time, that can't be cheap. I am not surprised by this move, honestly I thought it was a steal at 8 bucks. It's like being your own cable company, you decide whats on, how many episodes you want to watch. Sure it's not new primetime stuff, but as the old saying going, if I haven't seen, it's new to me.

watching a TV show on a phone is idiotic

Yeah that my opinion

While I agree that the notion of watching TV on your phone may be idiotic if there is a perfectly good tv right in front of you, however there are times when it is useful. I work a boring night job, where 90% of the time I do nothing because I am there just incase someone needs me, so a majority of my time is spent online and just killing time in general. I usually resort to watching youtube videos on my phone because the computers are ancient and there are no speakers. If I had an iphone, I would be more then happy to have netflix to watch to help break up the monotony of a boring job.

At jobs I have worked you couldn't get away with watching anything on a little device

Oh I know it's a cake job, but I am the only employee at a hotel with 200 hundred guests on a busy night. There's no real work per se so while it isn't allowed, there also isn't anyone else there but me. I can go 5 hours without seeing another person so if I don't keep myself occupied, I go stir crazy.

We just had the streaming for a while, but my wife kept saying she wanted to watch new Dexter's, so I got the disc... three months ago, it still hasn't been watched all the way through.

Honestly it's a great service, I feel kind of like a chump for owning all the American Dad's, South Park's, and a bunch of others that are kinda pointless to have on disc. Seems like they are adding shows all the time, that can't be cheap. I am not surprised by this move, honestly I thought it was a steal at 8 bucks. It's like being your own cable company, you decide whats on, how many episodes you want to watch. Sure it's not new primetime stuff, but as the old saying going, if I haven't seen, it's new to me.

That is so funny because that is the exact same thing that happened to me. The wife was all about watching Dexter, so now we have the one DVD at a time plan along with the streaming.

I just watched all of the Star Trek Voyager series and before Seven of Nine joined it was kinda boring. Seven made that show and those body suits Jeri Ryan wore wear very nice. I loved watching the other actors looking at her ass when they weren't suppose too. haha Watching the episodes back to back you catch all their mistakes or inconsistencies.

For example they encountered a pilot from the 29th century and several times throughout the series that same ship'sbackground was used with totally different alien species. I would chuckle when the same background would pop up for different encounters haha.

My favorite episodes and more interesting episodes were the ones where they focused on Seven of Nine. So if you decide to watch the series you can skip the first few seasons with no big lose because they dont meet her til like season 3 or 4. haha

I just watched all of the Star Trek Voyager series and before Seven of Nine joined it was kinda boring. Seven made that show and those body suits Jeri Ryan wore wear very nice. I loved watching the other actors looking at her ass when they weren't suppose too. haha Watching the episodes back to back you catch all their mistakes or inconsistencies.

For example they encountered a pilot from the 29th century and several times throughout the series that same ship'sbackground was used with totally different alien species. I would chuckle when the same background would pop up for different encounters haha.

My favorite episodes and more interesting episodes were the ones where they focused on Seven of Nine. So if you decide to watch the series you can skip the first few seasons with no big lose because they dont meet her til like season 3 or 4. haha

Yeah I watched all of them when they originally aired and Kes always felt like a weak character. Neelix was good enough but Kes was so dull. It really is a good example of one character change that actually benefits the show instead of hurting it. I was much younger then, but I really like Seven but didn't understand quite why till I was a little older. It's kinda funny how blatant it really is "let's replace this boring, average looking character with a top heavy borg chick in a skin tight outfit" I do believe she saved the show.

Another thing that would get old was them constantly running into themselves in the first few seasons. Like when the ship was duplicated by those aliens, or when it was split in two, or whatever else there was. It seemed like a thin plot device. Another episode that made me cringe was the one with those borg kids. It kinda felt like "Borg Babies" in the vein of Muppet Babies. I didn't care much for the Tom Paris episodes either, I felt like his character was supposed to be more of a rebel then he turned out to be.

Some of the highlights though include that two part story of the Nazi's and WWII with the ship being turned into a giant holodeck. I think at the time it was the most expensive episode of Star Trek ever made. Tuvok stories were good, and the doctor was interesting to me, but Seven always took the cake. Interesting character + easy on the eyes = Ratings.

Yeah I watched all of them when they originally aired and Kes always felt like a weak character. Neelix was good enough but Kes was so dull. It really is a good example of one character change that actually benefits the show instead of hurting it. I was much younger then, but I really like Seven but didn't understand quite why till I was a little older. It's kinda funny how blatant it really is "let's replace this boring, average looking character with a top heavy borg chick in a skin tight outfit" I do believe she saved the show.

Another thing that would get old was them constantly running into themselves in the first few seasons. Like when the ship was duplicated by those aliens, or when it was split in two, or whatever else there was. It seemed like a thin plot device. Another episode that made me cringe was the one with those borg kids. It kinda felt like "Borg Babies" in the vein of Muppet Babies. I didn't care much for the Tom Paris episodes either, I felt like his character was supposed to be more of a rebel then he turned out to be.

Some of the highlights though include that two part story of the Nazi's and WWII with the ship being turned into a giant holodeck. I think at the time it was the most expensive episode of Star Trek ever made. Tuvok stories were good, and the doctor was interesting to me, but Seven always took the cake. Interesting character + easy on the eyes = Ratings.

Seven'sepisodes were by far the best episodes, the Torres episodes were not very interesting to me she was a boring klingon not cool like Worf. I agree Kes was a very dull character and was glad they got rid of her. The Borg episodes were always good but the Borg kids episode was kinda awkward.

I liked the hunter race alot at first they reminded me of their version of the Predators but as the series went on they seem like they made them weaker and weaker. They seem to even get smaller. When Janeway gave them the holo-tech that turned out to be a major mistake.

The ending for the series was pretty cool and they ended it with a Borg episode. I always get excited when they have to get into it with the Borg. I wonder why they never got a movie deal like the Next Generation cast did? They coulda made a movie and had to fight species 8472 from fluidic space they were an interresting adversary also. I like how Voyager used Borg tech to help defeat the fluidic space aliens.

So far I'm up to episode 23!!! I gotta say, the first 2 seasons had a lip of episodes dealing with different crew members questioning their reality!!! Whether it coming from an outside alien presence, or a malfunction from within. There's just way too many "is this real and I don't belong here!!" episodes????

So far I'm up to episode 23!!! I gotta say, the first 2 seasons had a lip of episodes dealing with different crew members questioning their reality!!! Whether it coming from an outside alien presence, or a malfunction from within. There's just way too many "is this real and I don't belong here!!" episodes????

Just skip ahead to season 3 and watchout for reoccuring scenery like the time ship too funny. Oh and background props change too like the Batlif in the background of Torres's courters.

There is even an actor who plays two different aliens at two different times, I don't remember the actors name or the episodes, but it's the guy who played Elane from Seinfeld's old boss Mr Pitt. I heart Voyager.

Really I missed that one hahahaaaa

• 1 month later...

I'm on epusode 112 I think!! Man can't believe I've watched that many!!!

I agree, Seven of Nine really added to the show!!

Last episode I watched was with George Costanza played that douche alien!! :P

Just finished the epusode wher. The Doctor daydreams himself in command!! Hilarious!! Loved the entire episode from start to finishe!! The ending kiss and remark from Seven, perfect!!!

Can't wait to switch to iphone when my contract ends. iphone 5 here I come baby! I used to be a security guard so the Netflix on the phone would have been great on the late night shift. Yes it was a cake job, but it still sucked.

There is even an actor who plays two different aliens at two different times, I don't remember the actors name or the episodes, but it's the guy who played Elane from Seinfeld's old boss Mr Pitt. I heart Voyager.

Really I missed that one hahahaaaa

Your MK banner slows down my loading time.893Grumpy-thumb.gif