Ray Stevenson Cast As 'Firefly' In 'G.I. Joe 2'

The Wire

Well, that's not bad, but he seems too big for Firefly. I would have preferred Jason Statham. Stevenson would have made a better Destro.

I like it.

• Like 9

combine this with the whole attack in the night idea thrown out via twitter and I can see some awesome things happening. I'm way more positive going into this one than the last... could that be a bad thing?

I'm digging it!With all due respect to Firefly(one of my favorite Cobras)this will be the closest we'll ever come to seeing Snake Eyes go up against The Punisher!Picture Stevenson doing everything he did in the Punisher movie, but dressed as Firefly. They got this one 100% right IMO.

I'm digging it!With all due respect to Firefly(one of my favorite Cobras)this will be the closest we'll ever come to seeing Snake Eyes go up against The Punisher!Picture Stevenson doing everything he did in the Punisher movie, but dressed as Firefly. They got this one 100% right IMO.

If you want any kind of respect for the Stevenson choice, it's best to forget Punisher all together.

I like Firefly, but he's never been one of the Big Characters for me, I've never seen anything Stevenson has done, so I have no opinion on his casting whatsoever. Just looking forward to seeing the new movie.

Stevenson was bad A#% in Punisher Warzone.The movie wasn't amazing but the action and gore was non-stop.This guy was hanging off of chandeliers while spinning and emptying some serious clippage!

punisher warzone was a bad movie to me but stevenon was just looking perfect for the role and he did a good job. the rest around was just poor. gore and action made no real sense. it was fun to watch but in no way taking seriously.

I donno... he seems kinda big and oafy... not exactly the stealthy and agile Firefly I have always imagined.

I think Stevenson only looked that big cause of the body armor. Yea, we can compare Firefly to the Punisher but we see how Stevenson handles himself with weapons so you know he has to have a big part in the movie.

I've never seen anything Stevenson has done, so I have no opinion on his casting whatsoever.

Nothing? He was in Thor, King Arthur (2004), the Other Guys, the Book of Eli, Cirque de Freak: The Vampire's Assistant, and HBO's Rome just to name a few of the bigger projects he's been in. As well as being a part of the upcoming Three Musketeers movie.

He's a great actor and I am curious to see his version of Firefly.

If you want any kind of respect for the Stevenson choice, it's best to forget Punisher all together.

I like Firefly, but he's never been one of the Big Characters for me, I've never seen anything Stevenson has done, so I have no opinion on his casting whatsoever. Just looking forward to seeing the new movie.

Stevenson was bad A#% in Punisher Warzone.The movie wasn't amazing but the action and gore was non-stop.This guy was hanging off of chandeliers while spinning and emptying some serious clippage!

not to mention punching a Coke head's face in that part was awesome

I donno... he seems kinda big and oafy... not exactly the stealthy and agile Firefly I have always imagined.

I think Stevenson only looked that big cause of the body armor. Yea, we can compare Firefly to the Punisher but we see how Stevenson handles himself with weapons so you know he has to have a big part in the movie.

well, I have seen him in the Otherguys and the Book of Eli.. and he seemed like a big dope in both of those too

I didn't know Firefly was suppose to be a stealthy midget? @hmmm@

I've liked pretty much everything I've seen of Stevenson and would hardly consider him (the actor, not a character he's played) to be a big dumb oafy dope. I agree, he would have been better for Destro over the skinny British pimp they picked for the first movie, but he'll do a mean Firefly me thinks?

• Like 7

This is actually pretty decent casting. Could be a good fit. I'd feel better with this news if I hadn't read about the character "Mouse" which is being discussed on other boards right now @hmmm@

http://www.whatsplay...a-gi-joe-2-bit/

One of the most coveted roles in blockbuster-movie land this month is that of 'Mouse', the teen hunk at the center of G.I Joe 2.A character from the Sgt. Savage and Screaming Eagles series, the 18-year-old Southern charmer is said to be a major player in the Paramount sequel. One casting agent says it's "a huge role for a young up-and-comer", adding that "the role would be Taylor Kitsch's had he been just a spot younger". The idea, I believe, is to try and entice young teen girls into the film.

This is actually pretty decent casting. Could be a good fit. I'd feel better with this news if I hadn't read about the character "Mouse" which is being discussed on other boards right now @hmmm@

http://www.whatsplay...a-gi-joe-2-bit/

One of the most coveted roles in blockbuster-movie land this month is that of 'Mouse', the teen hunk at the center of G.I Joe 2.A character from the Sgt. Savage and Screaming Eagles series, the 18-year-old Southern charmer is said to be a major player in the Paramount sequel. One casting agent says it's "a huge role for a young up-and-comer", adding that "the role would be Taylor Kitsch's had he been just a spot younger". The idea, I believe, is to try and entice young teen girls into the film.

I am not too familiar with Sgt. Savage or any characters from that line for that matter.Wasn't he in some group called the "Screaming Eagles?"Maybe they are trying to go in the direction Captain America went with the "Howling Commandos".I can't front though earlier today i was doing a little research on Sgt. Savage and now this. I'm open to it.

Hey, maybe they're considering a role for Justin Bieber??? @haha@

• Like 6