TF Prime Toys

Nguyen_Dragon

First look at the Takara GO! line, and as expected there are some deco changes.

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-transformers-go/19733/news.html

Optimus Prime is frustrating to me, why the Hasbro version has green translucent plastic I don't understand. I may end up returning my Hasbro one and grabbing this one at some point, but I'm not sure. Bulkhead is amusing to me for some reason.

First look at the Takara GO! line, and as expected there are some deco changes.

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-transformers-go/19733/news.html

Optimus Prime is frustrating to me, why the Hasbro version has green translucent plastic I don't understand. I may end up returning my Hasbro one and grabbing this one at some point, but I'm not sure. Bulkhead is amusing to me for some reason.

The was the first thing I noticed... The green threw off the whole figure for me... The funny thing is his commander class version doesn't have the green...

• 1 month later...

Some Takara goodness: http://tformers.com/transformers-go-predacons-images-from/19988/news.html

I am liking the color schemes for the Predacons here. Lazerback may be a good fit with Hasbro's Ripclaw. And Takara's Ripclaw is bought just based on how great that mold is. LOVE Grimwing here. Skystalker looks terrible in any color scheme.

Okay...I initially dismissed this incarnation, despite having really enjoyed Transformers Prime; it just appeared to me at first glance to be pandering to the kids more, with all of the gaudy colors and over-the-top designs, along with monster modes for the Decepticons. It was an easy pass for me...

However, with my recent Transformers Prime finds at the local discount stores, paired with a couple of DVD purchases, my interest is at an all-time high. So naturally I decided to take a second glance at Beast Hunters, and suddenly, I arrived at some interesting realizations:

First of all, as I have been checking-out some of the figures while I mull-over whether I actually want to buy any, it's been bugging me as to why they suddenly hold such appeal to me and what they remind me of. At first I thought it was the notion of simply seeing new versions of favoite characters. much like seeing new versions of old G.I. Joe characters back in the day, but it wasn't quite like that. But then it dawned on me...they remind me of those old "Real Ghostbusters" figures. You know, all of those old variations they came out with, like the "fright feature" figures...I used to get so excited at seeing those figures in stores. I don't know what it was...perhaps it was the thought of having interesting figures that closely resembled the cool cartoon show, and they began to come with cool new colors, uniforms, and features. There was just something terribly exciting about that for me. I really can't put it into words properly why that is. There just something cool about seeing those familiar Autobots and Decepticons in new colors and sporting updated sculpts and add-ons. They immediately became cooler in my opinion due to the reminder of those old Ghostbuster toys. I know it's strange, but that's exactly what they remind me of...

Next, it's also occured to me that they've seemed to mish-mash Transformers Prime and Beast Wars, and I find that notion pretty cool. I love the thoughts of the Decepticons being these full-on, all-out mechanical, beastly monsters that the Autobots have to "hunt". It kinda invokes the cool theme from the second film, where N.E.S.T. is formed to help hunt down the creature-like, mechanical-alien Decepticons on earth. Besides, the title "Beast Hunters" alone sounds like an awesome idea for a new toyline and/or show, but it's wrapped around Transformers! It's just something wickedly cool that my nine-year-old self would have absolutely loved and been all over.

Thirdly, I love the designs. It's as if the characters have been souped-up, like they've been fused or upgraded with new Cybertronian "Beast-Hunting" technology. And there again, some of the designs invoke some of the third film's imagery, like the BH Bumblebee looks like one of the Wreckers, bristling with all of the guns and stuff just sticking-out everywhere. I guess I just like the notion of Autobots and/or Decepticons that aren't necessarily trying to hide their alternate modes anymore, as if they're a little more overt and not so concerned with their disguises looking so realistic or "Earthly", as it were.

I guess what all of this blathering boils down to is a question: Is this series worth checking-out? Are the toys worthy additions to my collection, or is it simply the latest temporary incarnation destined to be forgotten in a couple of years and ultimately dismissable? I've looking at some of the figures in stores, and I really like the BH Prime, but he looks rather hollow, upon closer inspection. Starscream looks great, as does Predaking I just haven't been able to pull-the-trigger, so to speak, on any of them. I've been too wrapped-up in the FOC and regular Prime stuff to actually pay attention to Beast Hunters. I'd love to hear from you guys, see what your opinions are concerning this line, whether or not it's worth my time and money, and maybe even some some cool pics to help me make up my mind. I can look at gushing reviews all day long online, but I trust you all more concerning realistic reflections and observations when it comes to stuff like this.

Based on what you said above you seem like you are fairly open to the concepts and ideas being used. So I think it would be worth your time to check it out. I'd say the best thing to do would be to buy a deluxe and see if you like it. If you don't then just return it. I could easily recommend deluxe Smokescreen or Ripclaw to test the waters with.

• 2 months later...

Yes...I absolutely love this figure. I've been anticipating it for quite some time now. I really like the Sharkticon theme he has going on. Those colors are just so cool paired with that mold.

Anyone getting this Megatron? I don't know whether I should be attracted to or repulsed by it. But truth be told, I sort of love it. :unsure:

I bought him last week. He is a very weird figure, which is why I got him I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly, but reset dates are not hard dates and the store can just do it whenever they get product in.

I worked for 8 years we changed toys every year around now or had it done before august.The Walmarts here did it too.I'm wondering what is the hold up this year.

• 3 months later...

I was out and about allllll day today & spotted some of these at Marshalls & Ross, don't know if anyone is still hunting these or not.....I passed but I like to put the word out anyway

TF4_zps3f2a86b0.jpg

on second thought they may be $1 cheaper at Ross.....I only saw BBee, SScream & Arcee....I saw these at TRU the other day & they were still full price ($15.99)