'G.I. Joe 2'... Snake-Eyes, Roadblock & Ninjas!

The Wire

View the full article

GI JOe is rich with strong black characters Stalker, Roadblock, Alpine ect..., along with all other ethnicities. Why do they continue to mess with the characters, I just don't see the point other than that the producers just aren't Joe fans and don't know the material?

So I guess we're going to have a ninja oriented theme to this... I really think they should just make a snake eyes movie and keep that stuff there. It sounds like they're going to cram a whole bunch of stuff in this movie and rush everything through a grinder.

Meh, whatever. They want to go with ninjas and Roadblock, what can it hurt? What can happen? A worse movie than the last?

Exactly WHO from the original cast is going to be back for sure? I remember reading the number isn't that high....

View the full article

GI JOe is rich with strong black characters Stalker, Roadblock, Alpine ect..., along with all other ethnicities. Why do they continue to mess with the characters, I just don't see the point other than that the producers just aren't Joe fans and don't know the material?

So I guess we're going to have a ninja oriented theme to this... I really think they should just make a snake eyes movie and keep that stuff there. It sounds like they're going to cram a whole bunch of stuff in this movie and rush everything through a grinder.

G.I. Joe Origins: Snake-Eyes (lol)

Meh, whatever. They want to go with ninjas and Roadblock, what can it hurt? What can happen? A worse movie than the last?

Exactly WHO from the original cast is going to be back for sure? I remember reading the number isn't that high....

Well what's funny is I dont even remember much of the movie, that's how bad it was. I watched it once on netflix... greatest decision ever to not see it in the movie theaters.

If they want to make it GI Joe Origins: Snake Eyes, then i'm all for the ninja stuff... but it sure sounds like we're gonna be dealing with like 4 plots jammed into a 120 min. with no character development or anything.. sometimes i don't even know what i bother to write, they're gonna crap all over this franchise for a long time coming.

Yeah...as much as I love Snake-Eyes the character, they really should do an "Origins" style movie if they're gonna delve into his backstory like that, because a G.I. Joe film should be about the team, not just one member, no matter how kick-@$$ he or she is. All kidding aside, it's just like the Wolverine character in the context of the X-Men films; feature the character prominently, but then as he becomes more popular, as Snake-Eyes has seemingly with the uninformed populace, you do a spin-off franchise so you can properly focus on just that character.

Ahh...G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra definitely has its flaws, major flaws, but I still enjoy it pretty well. Maybe it's because I love G.I. Joe in general so much, or maybe the film had so much potential in terms of design and some of the actors involved, but I do love it as an okay movie. Not a great movie mind you, but an okay movie. And that's sad as a fan because I for one waited so many years to see a live-action film, knowing how much potential the mythos had for making a great modern military/action movie.

Hey...why not let Christopher Nolan take a crack at it? He did a bang-up job reinvigorating the Batman franchise, making it more realistic and enjoyable to die-hard fans while making it accessible to general audiences at the same time. That's what G.I. Joe needs.

View the full article

G.I. Joe Origins: Snake-Eyes (lol)

Don't knock it I would be all over that movie.Then again I'm a sucker for ninja stuff. I have a confession to make I actually enjoyed the first movie I know Ripcord and Duke were handled badly and Cobra Commander had the worst villain portrayal since Dr. Doom but I enjoyed the Snake Eyes scenes for me he was the best of the movie, Storm Shadow and the Baroness were cool and Dennis Quaid portrayed a great General Hawk. I do however think the lack of specialized vehicles hurt the movie since that's the thing that really stuck with me as a child watching GI Joe here's hoping the sequel is better.

Oh no...don't get me wrong; I was kidding, but the fact of the matter is I'd love to see a movie that just focuses on Snake Eyes. He's my favorite G.I. Joe character of all time, and I did enjoy him in the movie, minus the lips on his mask, of course. (lol) But yeah, even after I typed that title, I thought to myself, "You know, that's a cool movie title and makes perfect sense." If they could do it for Wolverine, then I think a similar spin-off would be perfect for Snake Eyes.

I just hope this doesn't go the way of the X-men franchise........the movies were good but they were more along the lines of "Wolverine and the X-men" I hope it doesn't become "Snake-eyes and the GI Joe team"

• 2 weeks later...