TF DOTM Movie Reviews...

Nguyen_Dragon

Box Office Mojo has updated yet again with the one week financial totals for the recently released movie. A week later, Dark of the Moon has taken over the box-office with an estimated $204,421,287 in the USA alone, adding the total up to $486,078,414 worldwide.

believe it or not I saw for work, on an overtime shift no less!

The plot (especially when tring to fit the various mentioned past events in to the trilogy) still looked like swiss cheese. Sam was even more annoying, the new girl had no emotions, and the audience was still confused (if this is a kids film,why the 3D bootie shot?) But... the action flowed better than the first one, and the humor was more subdued than in the second. Overall it was a decent popcorn flick but still failed to live up to what transformers could be.

A couple of questions,

If Sentinal prime agreed to betray the autobots, why was he shot down by the decepticons?

Why did he not make this agreement with the fallen rather than megs?

If Soundwave and lazerbeak were around earlier, why did they not attempt to help the decepticons?

or wake up megs?

If the government wouldn't let Sam aid them, why did they give him two little sentient alien robots to keep at a civilian residence with his girlfriend?

Where did the new bots come from?

Do they need protoforms or ships?

Did I see Barricade in there?

Why could Meg repair everything but his head?

If Sentinal knew he was going to betray prime and co, why did he not take the matrix of leadership? He could have used it's power to awaken allies, he could have simply used some more strategy and kill the autobots off by being note only a mole, but an intentionally bad leader. If they had been that patient why the urgency now? It could have simply weakened prime? or could it... i still do not understand how this matrix thing works int he movie verse.

WHY IN THE HELL after touching the allspark, having not one but two robot docs, years of time, and even seeing bots brough back from the dead can bumblebee still not talk?

also, why was Worf there again? at the end of DS9 he was assigned to be an ambassador, they didn't even explain it this time! I understand they wanted to reunite the cast but... oh wait... nvm.

one last comment, The coolest death scene was when Iron Klaw died... seriously i still have no idea Who the ***k was in this movie. Is there a character list with pics anywhere?

Cowboys doesn't come out until the end of the month.

I honestly keep forgeting that

for some reason i've been trying to say that movie is coming out the next week ... for months! sadly with Harry Potter and everything else, i may just wait on this one. It really came out in a jam packed time.

10 things I liked about Dark of the moon

10.the opening credits/JFK Moon thing

9.Carly's Ass

8.Explosions

7.no twins

6.hand Held weaponry instead of changing their hands into guns

5.Laserbeak's transformation into a mini pink Bumblebee sometimes we all want to feel pretty

4. Director Mearing hates being called Ma'am I knew she was a lesbian

3.Wheelie and Brains they were actually funny unlike everybody else in the movie

2.Decepticon spaceships

1.the violence so glorious I dip my straw in and suckit all up like a slurpee

I'll be doing a list of 10 things I hate about it later but first some Killzone 3 #tank#

10 things I didn't like about DOTM

10.Sam's parents are back

9.tentacle monster

8.Ironhide dies

7.Starscream dies

6.soundwave dies

5.dorky humor is still there and it's just embarassing

4.Optimus is still sadistic

3.humans are still using rifles that fire 5.56 rounds have they learned nothing from the last 2 films 45 and higher aim for the head

2.Shockwave did jack #$## I went to see it basically just for shockwave killing humans

1.Megatron dies (I may write this one off as he has been ressurected in the past)

overall good movie but it's still having many of the same problems rthe other two did chances are if you enjoyed the first one you'll enjoy this one. I feel though that Sam is a bit more annoying and I'm sick of Sam coming before the actual robot characters. DOTM is getting 3 stars out of five the dorky humor knocks it down 2 stars

seems everyone is a hardcore everyday critic.......... i myself enjoyed the movie........

my disappointments:

SS dies :(

megs dies ( for good?)

lil sci fi with the space ships crap towards the end

not enough of shockwave

just didnt care for the chicago (IMO) sci fi ending

my ups:

optimus still kickin ass ( like part 2 )

no twins

all out plot..............

had a SEXY chick with me during the movie

this quote ( if an actual quote- hard to remember now )- "Reminds me of bumblbee........ if he was a POS" LOL

I would have liked to see Prime use more of that arsenal from his trailer like in the Chernobyl scene. I know that's probably what he was using at the end, but we never see him go to the trailer and grab all of those weapons. I just think it would have looked cool.

http://tformers.com/...16185/news.html

I am guessing we are not seeing a reboot anytime soon...

Ughhh, such a horrid movie raking in so much money is a terrible thing. I hope this thing loses steam real soon because it was a stinker.

Also why are fans saying Prime kicked butt, seriously, he needed help in ALL THREE MOVIES IN THE FINAL BATTLE

Ughhh, such a horrid movie raking in so much money is a terrible thing. I hope this thing loses steam real soon because it was a stinker.

Also why are fans saying Prime kicked butt, seriously, he needed help in ALL THREE MOVIES IN THE FINAL BATTLE

what's worse is he got it fromk megatron in this one and as thanks for helping him he decapitates him @hmmm@

Well DOTM has gotten my money and I'm glad a reboot is looking less and less likely. This movie will not lose much steam because word of mouth (contrary to many on these boards) is really good (Cinema score of 'A' from viewers and 90% of people liking it at Rottentomatoes.com). We'll see it take a hit in the next few weeks with more blockbuster films coming out (Harry Potter, Cap America, and Cowboys and Aliens), but don't expect it to go quietly into the night. I for one hope to see it at least once more. IMAX, if I'm lucky. What's it up to, 500 or 600 million worldwide? If only Green Lantern could have had half of that turnout!

With so many A-listers dead and apparently no reboot, makes you wonder who's going to be in the fourth one, especially on the Decepticon side.

Megatron, Starscream are both dead (potential to show their rivalry on screen almost completely wasted), as well as Soundwave, Lazerbeak, Ravage, Frenzy, Shockwave (did he die? I fogot.) Also Ironhide and Jazz.

I know a lot of fans are hoping for the Unicron resurrection into Galvatron, but frankly, these movies have shown so little parallel with the 80s cartoon that I don't see why it would start now. But who knows!

I would have liked to see Prime use more of that arsenal from his trailer like in the Chernobyl scene. I know that's probably what he was using at the end, but we never see him go to the trailer and grab all of those weapons. I just think it would have looked cool.

It would be cool if Hasbro or a third party made that trailer/weapon rack from the opening scene for leader class Prime.

With so many A-listers dead and apparently no reboot, makes you wonder who's going to be in the fourth one, especially on the Decepticon side.

Megatron, Starscream are both dead (potential to show their rivalry on screen almost completely wasted), as well as Soundwave, Lazerbeak, Ravage, Frenzy, Shockwave (did he die? I fogot.) Also Ironhide and Jazz.

I know a lot of fans are hoping for the Unicron resurrection into Galvatron, but frankly, these movies have shown so little parallel with the 80s cartoon that I don't see why it would start now. But who knows!

Galvatron doesn't neccessarily mean Unicron. Other 'Cons they could use are Rumble, the Insecticons, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. Since all the giant robots in these film are indiscernible from each other and have no personalities it doesn't matter.

Galvatron doesn't neccessarily mean Unicron. Other 'Cons they could use are Rumble, the Insecticons, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. Since all the giant robots in these film are indiscernible from each other and have no personalities it doesn't matter.

Also isn't this the third time megs has died?

Sentinel prime's betrayal, if done better could have lead us to a Nemessis prime, but maybe he had someone like Ultra Magnus etc. out there that followed his view?

what's worse is he got it fromk megatron in this one and as thanks for helping him he decapitates him @hmmm@

Dude none of it made any sense to me. Seriously, Prime in every final battle needed help from someone else, he never could do it on his own and yes after Megs helps him he chops his head clean off.

Every movie I have seen thus far has been better than Transformers 3, heck even Cars 2 had a more interesting plot, I had a more enjoyable time watching Cars 2 than Transformers 3.

Well let's be fair. It's a safe bet Megatron was gonna go shoot whoever was standing up at the time, then shoot the other one.

number four will focus on decepticons called crap-pipe,discharge,thundercooter and ron jeremy and will focus on Sam trying to keep his job while battleing the new decepticon subgroup the Explodicons which explode while making fart noises. Megatron will be ressurected by chocolate and Optimus prime will have a welsh accent Michael Bay has full writing duties and claims it will be awesome and the working title is transformers 4 electric boogaloo :D

Ok here s aquestion when Megatron get decapitated does his spark rise from his body? Because if not he isn't dead

have we seen any sparks rise from anyone in any of the live action movies? I'm confident we didn't when Ironhide or Jazz died. Megs his clearly dead... again.

Ok here s aquestion when Megatron get decapitated does his spark rise from his body? Because if not he isn't dead

have we seen any sparks rise from anyone in any of the live action movies? I'm confident we didn't when Ironhide or Jazz died. Megs his clearly dead... again.

No because they aren't dead :)

I saw energon shoot out with a few sparks(real world sparks like from welding) does that count :P

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to see DOTM today, and I can sum it up in two words: epic distruction. (lol) Seriously, I looked at my wife and said, "I've never seen anything like this in a movie." But some of you may interpret that as a negative thing...

The action in this film makes the first two look like episodes of Sesame Street. I physically felt tired walking out of the theater when it was over. (lol) But I have to say, despite the problems that others have reminded me about, I still thought it was great, and I really enjoyed it. Here's my two cents (SPOILER WARNING!!!):

The Good:

I loved the whole "the-Space-Race/Apollo-11-was-a-cover-up" aspect of the plot. It may be way overused as a plot device these days (Transformers, X-Men: First Class), but I love it when they imply things like that in films.

I like that Optimus Prime looked a little different in this film and possessed upgrades. It only makes sense since he was so damaged in the second film.

I absolutely loved the scene of Cybertron in the beginning with the ships and the gunfights. That was awesome. I like the notion of the Transformers flying around in ships like they did in the show. I never cared for the thought of them mass-shifting and riding around inside each other.

Laserbeak was a cool character. He was actually dangerous and had some character development, unlike Ravage in ROTF.

I loved Leonard Nemoy as Sentinel Prime. It reminded me of his take on Galvatron from the original animated movie. Unfortunately his betrayal wasn't a suprise; a stupid entertainment website I visited about a week ago implied he was a bad guy with no spoiler warning. Gah! I was just trying to find out about how well it was doing at the box office. Oh well...

I loved the alien invasion about halfway through. That's also an overused plot device in alot of sci-fi films these days, but...to me it had a real feeling of danger and dread when those Decepticon ships started attacking Chicago. It was catastrophic, and they made it really seem like it was gonna be a long shot to defeat the Decepticons. The city was impenetrable, and it was a foreboding burned-out war zone you would expect from a hostile alien invasion.

The action was amazing. I just don't know how they digitally illustrated all of that stuff. It was almost too much and over-the-top, but the scale of it all made it seem appropriate, if that makes any sense. Maybe I was just dazzled because it was all in 3-D. (lol)

I'm glad that Soundwave had a cool car alt. mode this time instead of that weird Cybertronian (?) quasi-satellite thingy. I just hate that "Inspector Gadget villain" voice they maintained from ROTF...

Loved the fact that the annoying "Twins" weren't anywhere to be seen. I thought the Wreckers were gonna be the new Twins, but suprisingly they weren't. As a matter of fact, I found them to be rather cool. I especially loved the weaponry that popped out all over them in battle. It reminded me of M.A.S.K. cars actually.

I loved the whole "Mad Max truck" look/alt. mode Megatron took on in this film, although I still feel like he was his most dangerous and intimidating in the first film.

I liked how they included stuff that seemed reminiscent of the old G1 cartoon, i.e. the "space bridge", the Ark (although it was apparently never called that in the series).

I loved the red Ferarri, although I could have done without the stereotypical, over-the-top Italian accent he had. I just loooved his robot mode.

I loved Shockwave and that crazy tentacled-thing he rode around in, but he was way underused I felt. And...was it just me, or was he unintelligable when he spoke? (lol) Maybe he was speaking in Cybertronian language, or maybe I just couldn't hear him over all the 'splosions (lol), but I could never understand him.

The Bad:

I loved Wheelie in ROTF, minus the leg-humping of course, and I was glad they included him in this film. But why the sidekick? A lap top that transforms into a smoking, annoying, cro-magnon-looking monkey-bot? Really? I could have totally done without him. Him and Wheelie together was like "The Twins Light". Mr. Bay, after all the bad press and backlash you received from "The Twins", you decided to emulate that same dynamic between two other potential annoying characters?? Bah.

Poor Caylee. I'm sure the girl they chose to replace Megan Fox is a nice girl and all, but...she just proved that the "Sam's girlfriend" role is interchangable, and that any ol' pretty face could be there, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. They only glimmer of significance her role showed was when poor ol' sad-sack Megatron was lying there in ruins at the end like a giant hobo sitting on the sidewalk (lol), and she convinced him that he would never rule as long as Sentinel Prime was around. It cheapened Megatron's character for me and made him seem more of a manipulated simpleton that the domineering killing machine/tyrant that he was supposed to be. She's a beautiful girl, but the whole girlfriend plot device for Sam is tired already. Why not have him just move on? Or better yet, perhaps they could have had his mother maybe killed and his father captured (why I really don't know) as the emotional catalyst for Sam to preservere, although that was done in the second film I guess. But if Sam is just left with his dad, you could have the whole "Spike and his dad" homage to the cartoon. Bottom line, I just didn't care about Sam saving his girlfriend much at all. Maybe I'm just in a cold-hearted mood right now, but that whole dynamic was cliche and waaay overdone. Yawn. (Man...am I in a pessimistic mood or what?!)

Useless/annoying human characters; why Michael Bay insists on jamming the screen with annoying caricatures is beyond me. If it's done in moderation, like the first one, it is funny. But it's like Bay got a great audience reaction to Bobby Bolivia, Agent Simmons, and Sams parents, so he decided to add even MORE funny side-kick types. Ugh. And speaking of which...

Agent Simmons. First of all, I absolutely love John Turturro the actor. And for the most part I've loved him in these films, but he can at times be one of the most annoying/cartoony characters in the entire trilogy. And early on in the film, it looked again as if he would be so. But thankfully, as the movie progressed, they toned him way down and he wasn't such a cartoon character like he was in much of ROTF.

The Ugly:

I really liked the idea of Sam having hand-held weaponry developed for him by the Autobots, but...he takes out Starscream almost single-handedly? Okay...that's actually kinda cool, but Starscream, gigantic second-in-command killer of the galaxy-ravaging Decepticons that by the way transforms into a flying war machine no less...and he dances around like a sissy girl, screaming, "My eye!! My eye!! I can't see!! Agghh!!" when Sam shoots him in the eye with his doo-hickey?? (lol) It was laughable, but not in a good way.

Optimus Prime is the Autobot version of Rambo. (lol) Wow...I love Optimus, but in this movie, like someone else said, he's almost sadistic. He shoots Sentinel Prime like a hitman killing a screaming, crying rat in the street that's begging for his life. I would have preferred a Batman Begins finishing move, where it's like, "I'm-not-going-to-kill-you-but-I-don't-have-to-save-you-either" kind of situation. On the other hand, I really didn't mind that he buried his energon axe in Megatron's head. Anti-climactic? Maybe, but I say good riddance, especially since he's become a wasted character. BTW...why make Megatron reflect Prime with his new alt. mode as the ying to his yang, and then not have a cool game of "chicken" or big truck showdown or something that capitalizes on that cool dichotomy? Pointless...

Also, who in the world green-lit the crazy head design for that funky Autobot scientist?! That was the craziest design yet!! It looks utterly ridiculous!! I was kinda glad they killed him off it looked so stupid!! (What is wrong with me tonight?!) (lol) Seriously, the head was so out-of-place and weird-looking that it was silly and distracting. It's almost like someone did as a joke and they just left it in. (lol) I hated it.

Sam screaming at the NEST guards. Silly and pointless. And in front of his hot and intelligent girlfriend, no less.

And finally, I had a few "Wha...??" moments after the movie was over:

If it was Megatron's plan all along to meet Sentinel Prime on Earth in order to complete the space bridge, as he alluded to, then what about the Allspark, and the Autobot Matrix of Leadership after that? So which is it, did he come to Earth for the Allspark, the Matrix, or the pieces to the space bridge?? Maybe the Allspark was Plan A, the Matrix was Plan B, then his last resort was the space bridge. Because if he and The Fallen wanted to harvest the sun's energy, thereby wiping-out all animal and human life on the planet, there would be no slaves like they said they wanted after Cybertron was brought into Earth's orbit (which was another cool G1 touch I thought). But that brings me to another question...

If the Decepticons needed slaves, then why were they killing them left and right upon arrival? That didn't make any sense to me.

Why why why do they always animate the Transformers as all scratched-up in robot mode, then in vehicle form they look all shiny and show-room polished? I mean, I know the real-world answer I guess, but...that's a glaring detail they have missed alot in these films. I first noticed it in the first film; Optimus Prime has just arrived on Earth, so common sense dictates that he would be in brand-new, pristine condition; right? Well, when he transforms in order to address Sam face-to-face for the first time, he's all skinned-up and worn-looking, like he's already been in a few wrecks and/or battles. That small yet glaring detail always bugs me in these movies. In fact, it almost makes me angry it's such a stupid mistake. Someone else mentioned it on another post, so I guess I'm not the only OCD fan... (lol)

I actually thought Megatron looked cool in this movie...until I realized he was Halloween/Zombie Megatron, complete with little robotoc ogres and flies accompanying him everywhere.

We should have seen the Autobots rise up out of the ocean at some point after their ship was destroyed. It would have been better for dramatic effect instead of "Oh wait...were not dead! Here we (inexplicably and conveniently) are to save the day!!"

I thought that it was implied that the Matrix was destroyed when Prime destroyed The Fallen's little "sun harvester" thingy in ROTF. Am I wrong about that? And is it plausible that Prime could ressurect fallen Autobots with it, like Sam did him? Food for thought...

So Sideswipe is a convertible now? Hasbro...you buncha cheaters. (lol)

At the end of the day, all I want are some wicked battles with massive robots involved in an epic plot to save the world, and DOTM delivered on all counts. That's all it's ever been about for me. It just makes me wonder where can they ever take it from here. Unicron? Galvatron maybe? Maybe, but this "last battle" we see in DOTM makes alt. modes and disguises seem poitless now. The whole world now knows transforming robots are on earth. The only ones that can benefit from disguises are Decepticons now, so they can hide from NEST and/or sneak up on unsuspecting victims and what-not. And I'm sure all of the ones that came through the space bridge didn't automatically rally behind Sentinel Prime and Megatron. You just know there are those that took off to benefit themselves elsewhere in the world. Maybe that's the loose end that could prove to be interesting, but then it's ROTF and NEST all over again, and that might seem redundant.

All in all, it was a great popcorn flick that was highly entertaining and fun to watch...as long as I didn't think too much about it. (lol)

• Like 1